Let's get a comfy shitposting device / UMPC thread going...

Let's get a comfy shitposting device / UMPC thread going. I'll start with some OC: A sony Vaio PCG-C1 running Windows ME. Going to install Windows 98 soon (maybe test Lubuntu Minimal as well)

How's it like typing on there?

Not as good as on the EEE PC series but a million times better than the Vaio Z-Series, the OpenPandora (pic related) or any phone for that matter.

The real question is, how well does it play SC:BW?

Own this UMPC. The typing is actually not bad based on the size of it. If you get the later version which have a faster CPU with Window XP, it's workable. For now, it's actually not a bad Sony Vaio UMPC with quite a few interesting technology which you don't see later on on laptop at that time.

Most certainly. I'm playing Star Wars Episode 1 Racer right now and it works flawlessly.

>98/ME
God, why? Unless you want good games support at least put NT4 on it.

I'm really just going to use it for games (Windows 98 / Directx7 games primarily). Lubuntu maybe just for the novelty of running a modern OS on it. But since it has neither Wifi, not (native) ethernet, it's probably not worth it.

>oni

Does that even run on that turd?

That would be useful if it could run kali.

Yes, without any issues whatsoever. I'm seriously amazed because the integrated GPU only has 4mb dedicated video memory (128mb ram in total)

Makes sense. Now that I think about it, I don't even think that thing was offered with NT4 anyway, 98 is good for keeping the autism intact.

Maximum comfy coming through

I wanted one of these so bad when I was a kid until I got a Palm and realized that thumb keyboards were shitty.

That really is one of the comfiest devices out there. I love that pointer on the right, if only modern devices still had these things.

>realized that thumb keyboards were shitty
They may not be the best but they're better than typing on a feedbackless glass slate

I want a more modern UMPC but it's never occurred to anyone to copy this beauty instead of shitting out mini netbooks

The Rage mobiles are breddy good chips, I run a Rage LT in my 9x ultraportable, far exceeded my expectations as well.

Bump with a comfy netbook

That picture fucking sucks.

:3

>case closed

You have 10 seconds to explain why you haven't rebuilt your laptop battery.

How common are UMPCs? I thought they were obsolete and out of circulation.

Is it possible for me to get one at a decent price? Because I'm thinking of getting to replace my smartphone once I move out of where I live.

Is it difficult?
Or expensive?
I've kind of wanted to rebuild some really old batteries desu, but they're NiMH/NiCad

Too much effort to do before I have to. I'm interested in how well will do once I do though, it already gets 4.5 hours which is much more than I was expecting

The really nice ones like the VAIO UX and other meme varieties commonly posted are pretty expensive, but you can find ultraportables cheaply enough.

>netbook is barely in photo

I don't want to lose my hands.

>housefire

How about this?

5k iMac. It's the comfiest computer ever.

Wait a minute, that's not the kinda comfy I ordered!

can you name a few if you don't mind?

nice dubs BTW

How's stepmania on that thing?

>lolnovo era
get out

only IBM was comfy

Is that an Indy?

What is this witchcraft? Fucker has both Lelnono and IBM logos.

It's a Visual Workstation, my Indy is still in storage somewhere in desperate need of a new IRIX installation.

Lenovo retained the rights to the old IBM logo for five or so years, '60s are transitional systems.

I type 80 wpm with no mistakes on my phone. Please tell me why I need one of these neckbeard devices to shitpost.

I type faster on a touchscreen as well, doesn't stop me from buying keyboarded devices.

Ahhh...I am a newcomer. My first ThinkPad was a ChinkPad. T410, to be precise. I has a sad.

The pocket CHIP will replace all of this

I'm out if my element here. can someone point me to one is these, so I can write my papers and articles? (maybe a novel someday)

want it to be compact, folding type, clamshell.

basically a small laptop design

Check out the GPD WIN

Just get a laptop.

I bet you didn't even get paid for that post it was so retarded.

keyboard looks too small, don't want a thumb key, if possible

Finally a real mini laptop.

Pandora sat on this shit for 10 years and still can't make anything worthwhile.

Then get a 10" netbook, it's about as small as you can go while being able to type normally.

Pic related has an NFC tag under the palmrest (well at least mine does), I just tap my phone to it and it creates a Bluetooth PAN

11.6" coming through.

Whoops

>windows 10

Why does every mini laptop in current production have that retarded gaymer pad shit on it?

What about those of us who aren't manchildren who can't survive without an emulator everywhere we go?

I'd hardly count 11.6" as a netbook. I mean I know it counts but when your daily driver's screen is a half inch larger it's just pointless

It's called efficient design you retard.

Where else are you going to place an integrated pointing device and easily accessible arrow keys?

Is anything relatively comparable for 50 bucks?

thank you! what brands should I look into?

>GPD Win
>true x86
>no LTE/SIM slot

>Pyra
>ARM cancer
>LTE/SIM slot

Why is life so cruel?

>waah a mobile device is using a CPU ideal for mobile devices

I'd check out the EeePC line and Lenovo's got some nice ones

>my personal umpc
>plays all my games max settings or close to it
>looks sick as fuck
>3.9 lbs. of pussy and ass

don't care if it ain't a UMPC I bring this fuckin thing with me everywhere.

>looks sick as fuck
That thing is hideous. What are you, twelve?

terrible design, looks disgusting

>tfw still have one of these cocksuckers running some way old version of #!
That was a super comfy computer during my high school days, watching anime in the back of class every morning, browsing Sup Forums on the school's network, playing DF and Halo during lunch
good times

>my high school let me use a laptop in class
Where and what year?

MILLENNIALS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That thing will only look halfway decent if you park a lambo laptop next to it.

mah nigga

Not him but my old high school's been allowing laptops in class for the last five years or so, Chromebooks are standard issue and you're free to bring your own device. I used a PowerBook G4

Stealth Fighter laptop reporting in

I graduated in 2011 and it wasn't allowed.

Damn, I wish I could've done that.

kek

Yeah it was nice, I spent my senior year doing nothing but surfing Sup Forums. Sup Forums was on the blacklist but anything HTTPS is unfiltered

I had 3 old laptop batteries.

I gave them all to an electrical engineer friend who built awesome stuff out of it (solar cells, etc). He's pretty happy with his set up and I get to go to his place for drinks.

What in the fuck is that? A computer for your pencil?

it just a casing for a $9 meme pc

Been waiting for one of these threads again. Got it back up and running temporarily. This time with working battery, no cords attached!

Shit, forgot picture.

Wanna get a pyra when it's released but it will be £500+

Breddy good.
Wish I had a wireless card laying around that worked with NT4, I get like 3 hours out of my 600E still.

"Comfy" UMPC is just a meme, if not an oxymoron.
Squeezing your eyes over a 5' 800x480 screen and thumb-typing on an equally tiny keyboard is hardly comfortable.

cf psp

No keyboard though, and aren't the PSP batteries all starting to die off? They weren't built too well, I sold mine off because it no longer held a charge

Mine holds a charge fine, get the average battery life when they was realeased, also you can buy new ones off eBay for about £3

my eeePC 701 4 GB surf, running a painstakingly stripped-down slackware. it was my primary computer for several months in 2008, then again for a while in 2010-2011. it survived falling into a river with me while in powered suspend.
pic is from 2010.

>bottle of nestea lemon

> your daily driver isn't 17"

best in thread

Sweet deck, OP, is that the new Hosaka?

>Oni
Great taste in games man!
Also you were so close to getting a awesome get

hi miles

Almost about to order a Pixel C + keyboard for a shitposting device. That or a Surface 3.

Go to bed Dennis you fucking faggot.

Goddamit Mac, Goddamit. I know you love to claim that macbook you bought yourself is a total babe magnet, but my god man, you got the pink one, i don't care how much you claim that pink is masculine now, it just isn't, and i think we all know the implication of a man owning an apple product.

And you know it, you just bought yourself a big gay calling card.

If I could get my hands on one of these, I wouldn't mind putting Debian on it with TDE.