What happened with this?

what happened with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mzzz5DdzyWY
youtube.com/watch?v=obS6TUVSZds
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life-cycle_greenhouse-gas_emissions_of_energy_sources#2014_IPCC.2C_Global_warming_potential_of_selected_electricity_sources
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost_of_electricity_by_source#DECC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

soon(tm)

youtube.com/watch?v=Mzzz5DdzyWY

It was fake, obviously.

Math happened

youtube.com/watch?v=obS6TUVSZds

It was all a scam. You can't make roadways out of glass and pcb. Not ones that last more than a few days. Those materials are also way too expensive to pave a highway system with.

Also, solar panels that spend a lot of the day being covered up and can't be adjusted to follow the sun for maximum energy production are pretty useless.

These.

In short it's expensive and inefficient.

Cost.

You can yield some dumb amount more energy from off-the-shelf solutions per dollar spent. Cover a bikeway with a cheap-o awning, then put off-the-shelf panels on it. Boom, you have a solution that costs less, yields more, and is better in every way.

It works, it's just not worth it.

anybody who has ever used solar panels would know that are extremely heat conductive. I mean those suckers get fucking hot under the sun. its part of how they work. I think it would be a major hazard in many different ways to construct roads out of panels, even insulated ones. more blown tires, hot roads decreasing viability, scorching hot roads essentially becoming inhospitable to humans during sunny days. probably a host of environmental concerns.

>we're going to recycle glass that was made to be sun resistant and put them onto solar panels
>we're going to replace material that was designed to be as cost efficient as possible with materials that are incredibly expensive
apparently they scamed their own government so you know what, good on them, they actually got away with all that money

What would happen if a 10 ton truck flipped over on that? Did they try that out on their prototype?

Leave trucks.

Temperature, corrosion, wear, maintenance, retards, cleaning.

All that doesnt justify it.
It would have been better to put them next to the roads instead make the roads with them.

>retards

This would be my main concern. There's always someone who has to ruin it for everyone else.

>implying solar roadways would even have been financed without retards

DUDE
SOLAR
FREAKIN`
ROADS

Here's my new kickstarter:

VR roads. Roads that are roads and VR at the same time. Send me 1 million.

Does being a giraffe human make you sound so annoying? And what the fuck is wrong with his neck, I don't know if a 2 ft long neck really counts as exempting you from being a manlet.

Wasn't there some fuckwit spamming that once a day here when it first took off? It seems like it was an experiment from a company on viral marketing.

How will it be different from VR Rails?

Solar roadways no, but solar panels yes. Solar energy is the future, but not for the roadway---at least yet. Though, if you go over to Reddit, young people eat up the nuclear bait. Another reason to dislike that website. STEM babies without a clue liking the science of something without fully understanding the overall issue.

>nuclear is bad
m'kay

Heat also decreases the efficiency of most types of solar cells.

Yes, yes there was. And yes, yes it was.

>le solar is the future meme
Not for grid power
Nuclear is orders of magnitude better for base load, solar would be nice for peak loads like everybody running their ac at the same time

It's interesting, because Thunderfoot also has an abnormally long neck.
Maybe solar roadways would interfere with some scheme the Giraffe-people have cooked up.

what if we put solar cells on the rails?

probably work better than roads

just put it on the wooden ties

it's still shit though, but better than on roads

What if we put you on the rails

pls no bully

we need a code of conduct

It needs to be a nice thick code of conduct so it hurts like hell when I ram it up your ass

>wherein user tries to be edgy

Edgy beats limp wristed 'please be nice to me on Sup Forums' faggotry.

Way to derail the thread faggot

Why dont they use fission reactions on trains? Most trains now use a diesel generator to power motors, its the only way they can get the torque required to pull those things. And trains are running pretty much 24/7 which is suited to a nuclear generator that takes a long time to start/stop.

Trains run on electricity. Long Cargo trains for the desert use Diesel. But I don't get what torque would have to do with it. Electric motors can generate a shitton of torque.

this, plus nuclear is still the safest.

>Nuclear
>safer than solar

Just wear some sunscreen nerd.

>too much light gives you cancer
>not enough light makes you blind
>sunscreen probably has some carcinogenic properties

Fucked no matter what I do.

Who ever thought putting solar on a surface that gets driven on daily was a good idea is genuinely a complete moron

why do they have to be UNDER the cars and right next to the road? all you people talking about them being worn out by cars are retarded

Pretty clever scam if you ask me, jelly as fug.

i'm talking about them in terms of industries, numbnuts.

>thunderfoot

Opinion discarded

The made it mote compact and redesigned the form factor, at a bit loss of functionality.
It's called Lego today.

>It works
No, it doesn't. It might generate electricity but that isn't the hard part.

He's pretty based, unlike sjw retards like yourself.

solar power is nuclear power
how sun works?

still waiting for photo voltaic paint

You know he's a fedora right?

Still doesn't discredit his arguments.

>based
>tens of videos obsessing over one woman
>delusional enough to think feminism is the end of western civilization
>seriously believes sjws are an actual thing and not made up
>gets btfo by Eric Hovind

Wait, its actually covered in glass surface that comes into contact with car tires? That shit would kill during the rain.

>not praising Atom

You will perish in Atom's eternal glow. May you never reach division.

Instead of highways they should have tested this on regular pedestrian walkways.

They did

It would be extremely painful

>let's spend a gorillion dollars putting special solar panels that can barely work on roadways.
>let's not spend a lot less and generate a lot more by just creating solar farms

>He doesn't know when you manufacture a solar panels or even windmills it uses more energy in oil and materials, and give more of a carbon print then it will produce in its lifetime

Go hug a tree hippy, this tech is way in its infancy to really make "clean" and efficient energy.

By that argument, all power is nuclear

And we had lead in gasoline once upon a time too, then technology progressed and now we don't.

And we didn't get to that point because we stopped building cars.

Besides it's retarded to just keep burning all of our petroleum products on fuel when we'll need them for plastics and other industrial materials for centuries to come.

Wind is on par with nuclear, retard.

It does

How can one reason, without getting that reason from God?

Yep, that's why there is a green energy bubble in Germany.

>He fell for the windmill meme in the 90s/00

No, that's because Merkel is a retard.
Wind is on par with nuclear on both cost and "cleanliness".
It's just not as compact or safe as nuclear.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life-cycle_greenhouse-gas_emissions_of_energy_sources#2014_IPCC.2C_Global_warming_potential_of_selected_electricity_sources
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost_of_electricity_by_source#DECC

VR
FREAKIN'
ROADWAYS

ok you can give me the mil now

They where retards for falling for that meme.
Reason was cause they broke down or needed to be repaired which costed more than they could make energy to make a profit.

Actually there is a general phobia of nuclear power in germany ever since chernobyl. Its not likely that any german leader would approve it regardless of age, sex, or previous occupation.

You're much more likely to have the panel fall off your roof on your dumbass head than you are for a modern nuclear plant to encounter a problem.

>Wind is operated at a net loss of energy
Faggot, not even solar produces a net loss. It just operates at something like a 1:2 ratio, can't be bothered to look up the exact ratio, which is the lowest of any source.

They fell for the "nuclear is dangerous" meme, which is why they banned it after Fukushima.

Its greener now in Chernobyl after that explosion.
Its a hippyfag wet dream now there.

Have you never even heard of asphalt?

>lost
Whats wrong with me.

Germans are such idiots

Literally the Alabama of Europe

For me?

topkek

Physics won over dream bullshit.

AKA SCAM

>scam
>he doesn't know scams are illegal

>Solar panel worst case scenario is it falling on your head
>Nuclear worst case is nasty radiation poisoning and mass evacuation of the surrounding area.

The next step, vehicles that don't have to collide with the ground to move. That should cut the cost a bit. Maybe the propulsion of the new vehicles will work synergistically with the road to keep it maintained/cleaned. Bio-technology maybe? Shit made out of other living shit.

>I'm the German head of state and what is probability?

>low probability means it will never happen.

>low probability means it will definitely happen

No, but it will happen less often than something with a higher probability.
At that point, you just have to multiply the probability with the magnitude of consequence and you have the risk.
Divide that by power produced and you have the safety of any given power source.
And as it turns out, nuclear is more than 7 times safer than solar.

No.
Coal power plants harvest energy from burning coal, which is a chemical process.
Plants gets energy through photosynthesis, which is also chemical.
Wind and water turbines harvest kinetic energy of wind and water (respectively)
Sun's energy comes from nuclear fusion,
Nuclear power plants gets it from nuclear fission.
Now guess which one of those plays with nuclear power?

>Coal power plants harvest energy from burning coal, which is a chemical process.
Coal, which was produced via nuclear fusion.
>Plants gets energy through photosynthesis, which is also chemical.
Light, which is primarily black-body radiation from a local nuclear reactor.
>Wind and water turbines harvest kinetic energy of wind and water (respectively)
Kinetic energy, which was caused by the radiation from a local nuclear reactor.
>Sun's energy comes from nuclear fusion,
Which is a nuclear reaction.
>Nuclear power plants gets it from nuclear fission.
Which is a nuclear reaction.

>Now guess which one of those plays with nuclear power?
D. All of the above.

SOLAR
FREAKIN
ROADWAYS

>atheism = fedora
Are murricans really this retarded, lel

so beautiful?

Nuclear is safer not because its an inherently safer energy source. Its safer because of the massive amount of safety regulations set on it.

It's always been non-cost effective snake oil to captivate redditors. Just like other forms of green energy and free health care.

>Of course it's safer, but that's just because of regulations, so it doesn't count
This is what Merkels actually believes

I own a paper from 1948 that describes the risks of nuclear reactors
Basically everything described turned out to be true

They are.
Especially the American atheists

There are regions in europe where most people are atheists

I'm still hype for lake batteries

Not even atheism... most theists incorporate evolution into their beliefs.