Buying used noctua fan off ebay

So I have a mATX case with a shitty stock cooler that gets me 65 degrees celcius while playing source gaymes and rendering in Rhino.
I'm thinking of buying this used C12p Noctua low profile top blower off ebay. What are the chance that I'll have to replace the fan anytime soon?
Also what's the consensus on Noctua coolers?
>inb4 get a tower cooler. This htpc case is a bitch with the height restrictions of coolers
Pic related is the cooler

Noctua coolers are the best coolers.
There are quite a few cheaper top-down coolers if you're going budget.

It should be fine d e s u s e n p a i

But all others are totally shit and loud.
Cool. I hope to get it for less than 20 bucks

no need to replace m8, u made a good decision. Noctua > all

me again, missread.
Take the Noctua, its good one.

A PWM fan is loud only if you let it be loud. Fan speed control in BIOS is pretty good nowadays, unless you're using old shit like LGA 775.

That may be but they don't cool better than stock coolers. I did research.
Awesome. Is there still warranty for the fans even if you bought it used and it may be over 5 years old?
I'm guessing the cooler itself is does most cooling anyway and not the fan, right?

I'm an expert on top-down coolers because I dabble in mini-ITX.
Cooling power is generally determined by heatsink weight. Most top-downs are better than stock coolers.

Whats wrong with your stock cooler, too loud?

Hm, im not sure if there is warranty on it then. But im pretty sure you dont need it. Never saw an old noctua fan which made problems, they're quite awesome things.
Maybe, if the fan is broken, and you write a friendly mail to Noctua that this is the case, they pay/send you a new one, cause I know that they have a good service aswell. But not sure tho.

My case is also very small for mATX standards. I see what you mean but I think if I'm able to get a bargain for this c12p cooler I'd rather get a used noctua than a new one of another brand.
Yeah heard goood things too. Will try if needed. Thanks!

>fans colored like shit and old people
thank you, i'd rather buy slightly shittier ones cheaper and in black

Should be fine user.
Coolers rarely fail, and Noctuas are good.

Iirc noctua fans have lifetime warranties. If the fan actually fails, all they do is have you break a blade off and send it in for a replacement.

yeah. they have a 3yr warranty so it should be fine. The guy selling it probably just bought a closed loop cooler or some shit to put less stress on the mobo, noctua coolers are fuckhuge

65c while gaming?
Try 70c or 74c
Thats my life

I have a i5 4460 tho. No good for my haswell baby

I have a i3-4130t

65 under load is completely normal, don't fall for the "pc enthusiast" memes
these CPUs have a tjunction max of 100+
the only problem with the intel stock cooler is that it's too fucking loud

Well the tjmax seems to be 80 with the haswell i5. Got the 4460 model and I want it to last at least 5 years

Pls respond
Do i even need a new cooler if it doesn't go above 70?

Noctua a overpriced meme, yes they're great but you can get a Scythe cpu cooler that does the job better and costs half the price of a Noctua nh-d15.