Reddit is open source but Sup Forums isn't?

reddit is open source but Sup Forums isn't?

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
motherboard.vice.com/read/orlando-shooting-response-shows-reddit-cant-be-the-front-page-of-the-internet?utm_source=vicefbus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why does that matter? Is there something wrong with the other forum software?

because then we could figure out the algorithm for roll numbers and get dubs/quads every time we post

It's previousPost+1. Have at it.

wwwwwwwww dubs

woow how'd you do that? are you a hacker?

>previousPost+1
>It's 9 between and

like this?

really makes you think

>being this dense

it's because Sup Forums is an NSA honeypot

The counter is for the whole board, not the thread.

is this the most beautiful b8 i've seen or are you mentally incapable?

This

it's because Sup Forums is a [legacy] NSA honeypot

im gonna try this

afaik reddit has no source code for shadow banning

attempt 2

No one who does it for free for Sup Forums is a good engineer, closed source it to make them safer from hacking and they still get hacked by randy Australians

Reddit doesn't have to worry about their userbase hacking them and if you go by /r/programming you'll see why

attempt 3

why are you cross thread (You)ing me?

post id guessing

reddit has more constructive conversations but Sup Forums doesn't?

>not realizing 8ch dot net was foss.

like this?

nice

Does /r/programming even talk about programming anymore? I stopped checking a few years ago when plebs infiltrated it and submitted bullshit.

Apparently something having a computer in it automatically means it's programming. Apple releasing new hardware? Programming. Picture of a beefy server machine? Programming.

>closed source it to make them safer from hacking

Sounds like Sup Forums.

This, same with /r/gamedev, that is flooded with how-to-market-my-shitty-indygame threads.

What's also retarded are those wannabe philosophical programming is x blogposts.

The difference is that Sup Forums is supposed to be about technology, not programming.
Except it's focussed on animongo pictures and shilling.

>those wannabe philosophical programming is x blogposts

Those sound vaguely familiar, but I'm not quite sure what you mean. Can you show an example?

Sup Forums IS
B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T

lol are you real?

>Roll numbers

uhhh. what it's based off of is indeed open source, it's just hacked up. you can make your own chan and replicate this sites functionality easily enough but i don't know what sorts of optimizations or infrastructure there is to handle the sites heavy load. fuck i miss the old 1.0 Sup Forums that had frames, with the sidebar for browsing boards

Lit

10/10

Leddit censors opinions the mods don't like but Sup Forums doesn't.

Sup Forums.org/frames

Keep telling yourself lies. What is the fappening?

>*puts cigarette out on your forehead

I HAVE IT NOW

DUBS

That had to be censored legally or moot would end up in court.

le leddit started to censor people when they found out the orland shooting was identified as a muslim. No legal responsibility here.

motherboard.vice.com/read/orlando-shooting-response-shows-reddit-cant-be-the-front-page-of-the-internet?utm_source=vicefbus

It wasn't censored on all of reddit, just on one of their boards.