Best DE

Winpleb here swtching to linux (mint)
What is the best most efficient DE?
I've read that both KDE and gnome are supposedly awesome.
Also, will it be a smooth transition from windows to linux mint?

And sorry about my shitty grammar

"Efficient" is a very tricky word. For someone switching you may go with Cinnamon so you can feel at home. Is very comfy.

But don't worry to chose wrong, you can always switch, everybody do.

XFCE
F
C
E

I second Cinnamon is fukkin lit

LXDE is where it's at. Get the absolute most out of your computer.

Unless you're running like a fucking pentium 3 you should just use cinnamon

Use Cinnamon unless you're a complete nigger.

I use cinnamon on Debian and it is pretty great. It just werks

If you're autistic I suggest xmonad

I find fluxbox incredibly comfy in a diy treehouse kind of way. Not at all recommended for converting winfriends, though.

KDE 5 is actually quite good. I preferred it to Cinnamon and found it didn't do my head in too much coming from Wangblows but YMMV

K D E
D
E

Unity

awesome wm
Also write the rc.lua from scratch

>switching to linux

You mean trying out Linux. Seriously, you'll find it's got its own issues that you wouldn't find in Windows.

Now, regarding your question, try them all out. They've all got their quirks and feels though if you're talking about resource consumption there are lightweight ones.

X F C E
F
C
E

MATE is the absolute coziest and is plenty light enough on resources. Not sure if it works as well on non-Ubuntu distros but it is the only DE I have found that looks good out of the box and doesn't get in the way.

If you want to rice go with XFCE or KDE. Also tiling WMs are fun but I can't into keyboard only stuff because small laptop keyboard and no autism :^)

Efficient at what? If programming and on a laptop, stacking WM are godlike. I use i3 but there are plenty other choices

>stacking
I think you meant tiling user.

yeah fuck me I'm tired