Are the rumours true user?

Are the rumours true user?

Have AMD cucked Nvidia with the RX 480?

I've been out of the game literally since the release of the glorious 7970.

Other urls found in this thread:

hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility/
videocardz.com/61121/asus-and-msi-accused-of-sending-modified-cards-to-the-press
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Assuming you want a benchmark factory instead of AAA goy works performance, sure.

any new "leaks"

as for op, probably yes, they effectively made anything below a 980ti irrelevant, if not at stock, at mild overclock, and nvidia has no answer, as they will either cannibalize 1070 sales or put a sku out for retards to buy and let it die.

they effectively made anything below a 1070 on nvidias side useless.

once vega hits, amd may make the entirety of the nvidia lineup pointless and they will get by till volta comes where they either have async or they die as a brand.

This. It'll perform worse in games.

Also, it's still not even at gtx980 performance, what the fuck are you shilling? Gtx 1070 and 1080 are still much better.

NVIDIA IS FUCKED.
They just cut the prices of their cards for the first time in nearly a decade. You want to know when the last time this happen? When they got completely BTFO'd by the hd 4870. ITS OVER. AMD WON.

>barely competes with last generation's cards, much weaker than this generation's flagship

Trust me, nVidia has nothing to be afraid of. It might make some dents in the budget mid-high grade, but nVidia can just undercut them.

Well shilled Sanjay, Rajesh and Pajeet. You make a fine team my sons!

this was the last time I remember ati/amd not being shit in the video market.

Nice try panjeer, you will not shill nvidia well today.

> a card design for the low end mid-range market is weaker than a card design for the enthusiast market
no way.

>>barely competes with last generation's cards, much weaker than this generation's flagship
>Trust me, nVidia has nothing to be afraid of. It might make some dents in the budget mid-high grade, but nVidia can just undercut them.

maybe they will undercut. But the biggest market for videocards is the 'budget mid-high grade' is the biggest market. Nivida can win top performing card all day which is great for your epeen but not so hot when you're trying to make money.

But that's the thing, user. It isn't!

You can OC an RX 480 to 1070 performance with lower power consumption and better looking cards.

Nvidia is finished.

490/x when?

Nvidia is basically the apple of gpus. Theit prices have gone up $100 every Gen from 770 ,970 and 1070. They don't even have good drivers anymore it's just a cult following.

Proof?

hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility/

>In the simplest terms AMD has created a product that runs hotter and slower than its competition's new architecture by a potentially significant margin.

IT'S OVER, AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

3rd party cooled rx480 when ? I need to get one before july 11th

Nice try kyle, you're just not relevant anymore.

videocardz.com/61121/asus-and-msi-accused-of-sending-modified-cards-to-the-press

Nvidia caught cheating again!

Not only do they fuck with their drivers to lower game settings and increase fps, they also hand out cards with custom bios so the review cards can achieve clock rates no consumer card could dream of achieving.

What a despicable company. Save us, AMD!

>IT'S OVER, AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

only even if amd's next desktop gpu line is shit they still can make money on processors and game consoles.

nvidia lives and dies on it's newest card lel

AMD was on top until the x1950xtx aka best dx9 GPU ever made.

Nvidia is for servers and supercomputers and cars

Getting an RX480 this summer. I thought about this and since it uses less then half of a 1070 watts and AMD now has superior driver updates this is really a no brainer. Nvidia should cut their prices on their current Gen products since you can't find a 1070 for less then 700 quid.

i'm sure all 10 of their customers will save them if this line of gpus fails.

Considering the profit margins, I'm sure they will.

>Forgetting the 4000 and 7000 series

AMD RX470 just a little under the non ti titan.

$150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150 $150

Kek

A $150 BTFO a 1 thousand dollar card

I genuinely feel bad for the people who bought the Nvidia future proof meme

I cant wait for AMD to die. Today their stock only went up 7%. This fucking company is dead.

How old is the Titan?
Are you retarded?

HD7790 destroys the HD5870 and HD6870, IT'S CALLED FUCKING PROGRESS YOU DUMB FUCKING SHILLS

(Not the Titan X)
The Titan is currently selling for around $440, the RX470 will be $150.

>GTX 1070 144%
>GTX 1080 177%
I think AMD did exactly what they've said they would do: they are not competing with NVIDIA's latest cards.

The people looking for 1070 or 1080 performance levels aren't going to buy something that's much slower.

>I can't wait to pay crazy prices for Nvidia GPUs because there is no competition

You're an idiot.

This graph isn't fair considering AMD has no even released 1 update driver for the RX series. I expect a good performance jump a few weeks after release. OP is probably a Nvidia shill

it was a joke...7% in one day for AMD is realllyyyy good. Expect to see AMDs stock level out after the release then gradually go up.

$200 for 980 performance is fine by me

the 4800 line
the 5770+ line
the 7850+ line
and in terms of how long that card has held its own, the 290 and 290x are fantastic too.

I want to believe.

That's considering 2 years of driver updates for the 980 and none for the 480.

Well shitposted.

I''l probably buy an Rx 480 eventhoug I have extra cash simply because it's too hassle looking every year for a new expensive video card, it seems gpu manufacturers are following the trend how smart phones getting better and better every year in this case rx 480 made 980/fury irrelevant.

Bought 200 shares, desu.

Big Pascal will bend Polaris over and ravage its tight ass.

This, the 290x runs amazingly well on the newer games too.

Most cards released on 29th june will likely be non-refence 3rd party coolers. So it should be doable.

pascal is honestly a complete fucking disappointment in all regards, the 1080 is more expensive than a 980ti by a significant margin and less them 5% better once ocs are taken into account. the 1070 is currently the best buy by vitrue of its not ungodly expensive but still well over priced.

polaris may not get the same benchmarks, but it took the high end gpus and moved the price way the fuck down...

OH one more thing... the 1080 is an A0 as in no revisions...that is the most damning thing about it, they had to rush it the fuck out... ask yourself why?

considering that the 290x came out nearly a year before the 970, and trades blows with the 970, and can beat the 970 in many games, i would say the value of that card held up pretty fucking good all things considered, the 700 series didn't hold up that well over time.

AMD stock up 7% in one day. Nvidia on the other hand filed for bankruptcy

That's regardless.

Older cards can't match new cards, would you prefer if AMD and Nvidias newer cards weren't faster than their older cards?

You're a fucking idiot.

Had one in my first build, was great for playing far cry and hl2 all day long. Feeling nostalgic af right now.

Who did you buy through? I'm looking to buy some too.

the 290x was $700 on launch and competed with the 780ti, the 970 is roughly equivalent in performance than the 780ti. AMD didn't improve, they rebranded while NVIDIA put out a card that was equal performance on a die half the size of GK110 and hawaii.

that equal performance is just at stock clocks on the 970 too - a 970 OCs much better than the 290x does and easily outperforms the OCed rebrand 390x.

Does it make much of a difference? I mean, Courtage tends to be very cheap. A Swedish broker handled it for me.

Good shit...theirs a guy that be on here with a fidelity account he has been making a good amount.

Yeah and an overclocked r9 390 will subsequently shit on a 1.5ghz 970. GCN is an high IPC architecture, even a 100mhz overclock gives a nice performance boost. And this bench was made in 2015, now with improved amd drivers, proper dx12 support and nvidia gimping the gap is even bigger

>But m-muh power usage.
Overclocked maxwell is also a power hog, as you see there is only a 30w difference

Seems to work well in the auto and marine industry.

Pretty much this. Fanboys are fucking retards.

Or just don't be poor.

Not gonna lie, that's an ugly ass card.

nice meme

550$ but coin miners fucked the price for 6 months.

9x00 line, the x1950, the 4890, and the entire 5k line were all the best gpus on the market at their release.

6k was also great, and the 7k could have been the best if they realize it earlier that it OCs like no tomorrow. The OC/GHz+ editions were the best cards of their era in performance.

The RX480 looks like it'll undercut Nvidia at the same place where they killed 3dfx - it's a cheap to make, but very powerful and feature-full card for the OEMs. Having the performance crown won't mean much for Nvidia if AMD can outsell them ten to one with budget cards...

>IT'S OVER, AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

They produced the GPU of every major console except the PS3 for a decade, they are producing the APUs for every major console for the current generation, and they are producing the APUs for at least 3 upcoming consoles (xbox s, ps4k, and xbox scorpio).

They could exit the PC market today and they'd still be completely fine.

Also, Scorpio is using Zen, so the cpu already has a design win despite still being a year away.

I used to own a 4890. Those suckered ran hot! Over 70+ Celsius but we're the first card to ever hit the 1ghz barrier. Being that the 4890 was already a overclocked 4870 from 750 to 850 mhz and then upwards of 250mhz of overclocking to 1ghz the oc headroom was amazing.

If the 490 comes out at $300 and beats a 980ti or comes close to it, you can be sure as hell I'm buying it.

I screenshotted this just so I can make fun of your stupid ass when the 480 comes out.

Does anyone here actually go out and consciously buy a "budget" card for the sole intention of gaming? I know not everyone can make six figures, but there has to be a point where you just get tired of getting the bare minimum.

If a jump from $200 to $400 is too much for some to afford, PC gaming should not be a priority.

Just saying.

Out of the box 480 already is basically the same as the 980ti

What's the benefit of spending double for playing at a higher setting? Are games so shit that you have to compensate with pretty graphics?

Who the fuck gives a shit for how much it's selling? That card is almost 4 years old, nobody is going to buy it.

are you trying to ruse here?

>HD7790 destroys the HD5870 and HD6870

The 5870 was faster than the 6870. That was when they started doing the *900 series cards for the highest end. The 5870's replacement was the 6970.

And even still, that's a big leap for a $150 card. Keep in mind the GTX 950 released only a few months ago for $150 and was just barely as fast as the 7870.

honestly, yes

the 970 in that review was only overclocked to 1.25ghz, and the 390 was overclocked to 1200mhz (an OC that is only possible on the golden review chips AMD sends out).

a properly OCed 970 outperforms the 390x, the 390 is only a competitor for a stock 970.

>now with improved amd drivers, proper dx12 support and nvidia gimping the gap is even bigger

KEK. nice post purchase rationalization AMDrone.

NVIDIA ON SUICIDE WATCH

Because koeniggsegg is more profitable than Toyota

Because not every one drops over $400 on a graphics card.

>290 Tri-X
For a GPU that came out in late 2013, it's impressive that I can still get 50-60 FPS at Ultra @1080P for any modern game like Witcher 3 or GTA5.
And this is on a [email protected], so if I had a better CPU I'm sure the frames would be higher.

Serious question here. All i hear on Sup Forums is how x card gonna be fucking great with dx12 but also hear windows 10 is shit, dont upgrade. Isnt dx12 only available on w10?

>panjeer
topkek

>he unironically buys nvidia cards
Haha fagget

Because most don't drop more than $300 on a graphics card.

>nvidia
>not cutting support for their cards

I'm still pissed that I had to buy a new card to play overwatch, amd cards as far back as 2007 got directx 10.1, nvidia decided that the update was "barely an update at all, not worth it" for their cards earlier than October 2009

>Isnt dx12 only available on w10?
Correct.

Don't forget that it's an almost 50% die shrink.

Honestly I think more people are excited about high performing and affordable cards than they are about high performing and expensive cards

Superior waifu desu

It depends on what you care about. I've got a 660ti and I'm only going to upgrade (prolly an RX 480 or 490) cause I'm a glutton for punishment. After I sold my 960, I realized my 660ti does pretty much everything I ask it to, which is pretty much 1080p@60Hz. It wont max out every game, but I care more about stable framerates than high graphics settings. I guess the biggest reason to upgrade would be if I buy a 1080p@144Hz monitor.

So can it be agreed user that we POO IN DA LOO GPU NOW?
POO IN DA LOO!
POO IN DA LOO!!!!!!

I hope sapphire makes a vapor-x 480

I hope we POO IN DA LOO, POO IN DA LOO!
WE CURRY GPU NOW CHINKS.

WE DONT NEED NO WATER LET THAT MUTHAFUCKA BURN

RX 480 CONFIRMED TO GUARANTEE YOU 5/10 WHITE GIRL PUSSY.

POO IN DA LOO GPU.

WE CURRY NIGGA NOW

The thing people who are newer to the game don't understand is what die shrinks do...

It was $550 on launch
Hawaii has a 438mm2 die size, GM204 has 398mm2
Hawaii typically hits around 15% OC, GM204 hits around 21%

The 970 in that review had a 1264mhz baseclock, it hits 1542mhz with boost

my 290x, with custom cooler on it, runs cool as hell with a 10% overclock and is a fucking beast

Witcher 3 high settings 1440p 55-60 fps at all times

>white

Not everyone has a 1440p 144hz monitor.