Redpill me on Razer

Nothing more embarrassing than self-identifying gamerz, but if you choose the right products, is Razer an alright consumer electronics company? I bought pic related yesterday sort of on a whim because I had a gift card for Best Buy that I was probably not going to use for anything else and it was on sale for half price (CAN$60). I looked it up on my phone before buying it and generally the reviews were good, but now that I've delved deeper into customer reviews, I'm seeing that this device may be cheap garbage that won't last more than a couple of months. Furthermore, the user-developer community is dead and/or disabled? I tried to access the developer portal and all their pages yield 404s. Should I return this? Am I missing something on the developer portal? Pls halp, Sup Forumsuys

>if you choose the right products, is Razer an alright consumer electronics company?
Keep yourself telling that, manchild

Razer makes great looking gear which works amazingly for a short time before dying. Quality control is not a thing for Razer. Return it.

>Razer
>may be cheap garbage that won't last more than a couple of months
>may

Amazing. Simply fucking amazing.

Goddamn do razer sell a lot of garbage

don't buy razer anything that isn't a mouse

Razer only ever made a single good product in the Death Adder and even now they've fucked it up.

I'm not asserting anything about the company, just inquiring. Only other products I own are the DA2012 and pic related mousepad just so that I wouldn't need to buy another mousepad ever again.

Damn, alright. I was thinking that I could apply clear nail polish to the areas people have had problems with the device to promote longevity, but if the consensus really is that this thing is garbage, I can find something better in its stead.

I own 2 razer products; naga mouse and orbweaver keypad thing.

All of the non-slip surfaces are stickers, the glue melts and gets everywhere, I had to take them off of both.

Mouse:
The scroll click on the mouse stopped working and the scrollwheel itself shows signs of imminent failure.
The side buttons on the mouse are a bit wobbly, bit the switches for the buttons are mechanical.
The sensor is shit, the cursor moves down and right when you lift the mouse off the surface.
The mouse is incredibly back-heavy, which is mildly annoying as I have to use the mouse with a claw grip due to my large hands.

Keypad:
Lacks ergonomical adjustments.
The thumbpad component wobbles. The d-pad wobbles.
Both of the other buttons on the thumbpad are omrons instead of cherry switches. The top button works inconsistently, this is due to the construction and not the switch itself.
The cable has a spring-shaped plastic bit that's supposed to protect the cable from bending.
Made to be difficult to disassemble.

Both of them are 1-2yr old now. Good concepts, questionable execution.

This is literally sweat-shop garbage made by curry nignogs in a ramshackle tin roof straw factory on the outskirts of Pajeetkarta.

Most of this stuff is either overpriced or badly made or both. Basically most "gamer" equipment is crap because gamers are autistic manchildren who play vidya 16 hours a day and will keep buying crap with money from their parents or kike sponsors who invested heavily into e-sports.

General impression is that they made good products at high markup prices, but now make lesser quality stuff while keeping the price premium. I can't judge.

they're shit get a deathadder 2013 or gtfo

Tfw using my death adder for years, still awesome.

I keep hearing good things about the deathadder, but shit at everything else

They make some good mice. Avoid the headsets.

I had a Razer headset, broke after half a year. But I do love the Naga. I use the side buttons for pretty much every game.

They have some decent stuff but most of it is overpriced. You can get similar or better quality from other brands (like pic related) for half the price.

They're like the Beats by Dre of ricer shit.

>Johnathan Fatal1ty Wendel
>Fatal1ty
This pic is cringe worthy

>Kana

I had one of those. Never again, scroll wheel fubar'd not even one year in.
Wasn't in stock anymore, so I got refunded and got a cm storm Alcor with the money. Pretty happy with it, essentially a slightly smaller ie 3.0

I've had mine for 3 years now, no problems on my end.

>red pill me on razor
It's a company that sells gaming-related items.

Good, hope it stays like that, I researched and the scroll issue I had is pretty fucking common on them

The deathadder was shit too.

>LIVE
>SMARTER
Am I the only one that read that as "BLACK LIVE MATTER"

fucking razer

at least dbrand got their shit together and made a skin (sans cutout) to hide that cringe worthy logo

>great looking gear

Yeah, if you're a 14 year old angsty metal kid.

>Live smarter
Can't fucking tell if someone is calling without looking at a wristband. I feel smarter already

Thats so fucking stupid. Every human being ever is a "gamer" to some extend and its literally in our dna. Identifying as gamer is as a lion identifies as a "meat eater".

There's literally nothing wrong with Razer.

They make high-grade peripherals for profesional gamers and generally speaking people who NEED them and KNOW how to use them.
It's quite obvious that the hate found on this board comes from everyone being a poorfag with linux riced machines who can barely run 06' games in wine with everything set to low.

nice meme

had several razer mice over the years and they all broke after about 1-2 years.
as long as they dont break they are really good mice but the build quality sucks so you are forced to buy new ones every few years.
I also hate the whole "gaymer" shit.

Get a zowie, they are build like tanks and are better in general.

I have this Logitech mouse, that is a piece of shit, fell several times (I could easily attack someone with it), that I clean once in a while with a knife and I love it. Paying more than 5$ for a mouse is plain stupidity. The cheaper ones are the most trustworthy

I've bought two DeathAdders from them from a Woot refurb sale, and they've both lasted me two years at least. Unfortunately, the last one's middle click is currently unresponsive at times, meaning I'll need a new mouse soon.

I think Razer USED to make good products, but when you can get along on brand recognition alone, you don't really need to make good products, do you?

Oh yeah, it's 6 years old too

is this for real have i been eating like a noob fml

Early Razer was pretty good, back in the days of coppermine, habu, and 1st gen deathadder

Now it's shit, overpriced chink-quality shit.

Its like Alienware, tacky and overpriced.

Unlike Alienware, the build quality is also shit.

My left click died within a year and this seems like a common occurrence.

It is for real. These faggots earn money this way -- shilling overpriced peanuts.

Literally untermenschen

CRINGE

The first generation of Tarantulas are really, really solid mechanicals with very good customization software and a build quality that is out of this world. Mine has completely fallen apart, been submerged in water(not an exaggeration), and has been typed on so much that the Cherry switches had to be replaced. But the board is still running strong after like 8+ years.

I'm typing on it now, out of preference. I've since bought five mechanicals for my office/brother/thinking I wanted to replace this/etc. and I always come back.

I feel like a dork for typing on a literally almost destroyed Razer but it's the best feeling keyboard I've ever owned.

New razer keyboards are awful though, so this isn't relevant, but if you see a first gen Tarantula in a thrift store or something BUY IT.

razer sucks no matter what

buying and wearing that wristband is a crime

I really love this mousepad, but refuse to use it because it looks so fucking ugly. Sits in my cupboard.

I had a great Razr sound system (2.1)

Was like $250 new or so.

Sub/amp ate itself after about 9 months.

Had a great Razr mouse.

Side button #1 died in 6 months, the scroll wheel finally about 3 months later.

I don't buy or recommend their products anymore.

I want to add each product was great, while it lasted. But they obviously weren't built to last.

Had a razer diamondback for around 2 until the scroll wheel cracked into the mouse making it useless
Now i have a razer taipan which might be 4 years old now which still works perfectly

And had a razer headset for around 3 years where first the mic snapped in half and later the speaker hang off the whole thing
So yea never going to invest into gaming stuff again

What the fuck is that

>Steeve Smith is calling

THAT SHIT IS FOR 14 YEAR OLD VIRGINS, KILL IT!

Anything marketed towards gamers tends to be fully of gimmicks and shit quality. They know their audience

They make some good products and a lot of shitty ones. The BlackWidow and the DeathAdder are the good ones, btw.