Where are hipsters with their love to 90s UI, icons etc.? I thought they love everything outdated

Where are hipsters with their love to 90s UI, icons etc.? I thought they love everything outdated.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.robotz.com/index.php/The_Devil's_Own_Windows_XP_VLK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

win95/98/2000 looked so clean, complete and consistent in its own way

>I thought they love everything outdated
nostalgia, when internet was still good, etc.

>when internet was still good
Guys from Usenet thought internet became irretrievably bad since September 1993.

does OP not know about vaporwave

It's my birthday but nobody except the Ubuntu forums software told me happy birthday

Hbd

Happy birthday user!

That is what xfce is for.

Get off the computer and go meet people IRL. They will then tell you happy birthday, may even get you gifts.

So sad you come onto Sup Forums shit posting to get people to ack you.

>Where are hipsters with their love to classic fine art, poetry etc.? I thought they love everything outdated.

Enjoy your 'modern art' equivalent you pleb.

Habbu Buntu to you!

I love it.

Shame they got rid of it after 7.

hot damn that's sad, happy bday

>if we were born in the same year you'd be 3 days older than me
Enjoy your birth anniversary

>I thought they love everything outdated.

Like your mom.

Even in 7 it was gimped. There is no vsync or hardware acceleration on the desktop, so all of the UI and any video you play is choppy.

>There is no vsync
That is incorrect.

I think it was for more simplicity rather than the looks. These days the os had a shit ton of different icons for different things

In my CD folder

happy birthday user, just woke up and already enjoying this friday making some bbq.
Dress nice (not too nice) and go out for lunch and walk around my man.

Do what it says then, make illegal of that disk

BTW what's the story of this photo? Seeing it quite a lot recently

Dude did a stealth mission and infiltrated the M$ HQ and pirated the XP files and leaked them to the internet.
They're still looking for him. He killed about 3 security guards for you ungrateful neets.

>He killed about 3 security guards
Sounds like bullshit.

>From Wikipedia
>A volume license key that was commonly used to bypass product activation in early versions of Microsoft's Windows XP operating system was FCKGW-RHQQ2-YXRKT-8TG6W-2B7Q8.[8] This key was part of the first warez release of the final version of Windows XP by a group called devils0wn, 35 days before the official retail release on 28 August 2001.[9] The key is now obsolete, as it has been blacklisted by Microsoft since August 2004, and affected computers will display a WGA notification.[10] It was made famous partly because it featured in a popular image circulated on the Internet before the retail launch of Windows XP. In the image, the key is written on a CD-R containing the leaked operating system and held in front of a digital Microsoft sign counting down the days until the release of Windows XP.[11]

Users using these keys will receive an error message when they install the latest service pack, and such users are told to obtain a legitimate license and change their product key.[12]

how the hell do I get the windows to be windows 95? I achieved everything as 95 (xfce-redmond with 95 icons) yet the windows themselves are unchanged

Oh shit fellow june 20 birthday
happy almost borthday

*birthday

Another article.

Fuck! Thanks for reminding me of devil's own. I remember loading that on my presario tower and thinking I was top shit because it was pre-release. After drivers, I think the first thing I installed was probably java followed by runescape client.

Once upon a time I riced xfce to look just like windows 95. I used it like that for a solid year too, shit was cash.
I'll see if I can find the screenshots.

>wiki.robotz.com/index.php/The_Devil's_Own_Windows_XP_VLK
>Microsoft went a step further, encouraging individuals to turn in others they knew were using a pirate key. The "nark" would be rewarded with a free license for Windows XP.

JFC

It's true. XP still had everything hardware accelerated so there were no issues, but Vista and 7 can only accelerate the window borders. Look up GDI+

>not using FE

nice crop, cunt

>babbys first vaporwave art.png

Liking something old does not make you a hipster, especially if you used the whole life.
Early adopters are the true hipster, by definition of the word originated in the fashion world.

This happened to me a week ago, except that i didn't get any "happy birthdays" at all, not even from emails or social media.
Enjoy your birthday, hope its better than mine was :)

Window manager settings in xfce

did you see the image? I have it open and Xfce-Redmond isn't an option. The Xfce-Redmond I downloaded didn't have a xfwm4 folder either, does anyone know where it can be found? been looking for several days now

I have serious nostalgia for the Win95 days, but OSes look way better nowadays. Fuck that faggoty old school shit.

When will Sup Forums understand the definition of "hipster"?
If anything, you're a hipster, because you're obsessed with trends and making sure everyone else on Sup Forums is following them with you.

Pre-XP UI design was nice not because it's old or nostalgic, but because it was incredibly easy to maintain consistency. You had to be trying very, very hard to fuck up a piece of software for the classic shell, and motif-based interfaces in *nix space were almost magical, you could use whatever colors you want and still not rape your eyes completely.

But I don't really like seeing it adapted to newer platforms, it clashes with modern hardware and design too much. All I can do is hope that the ideas Microshit introduced with Win10 are seen through to maturity, maybe then we'll finally have a replacement just as simple and professional.

happy birthday user!

Go have some fun today!

I always imagine theyve got really big hips

I loved the neutral color scheme and simple boxed layout. Everything is immediately outlined, distinguishable and standardised.

Fucking hate this recent trend of eye scorching white layouts, or that ugly blue, migraine inducing luna theme. Or this trend where every app just HAS to have it's own uniquly shitty way of navigation. With all the features tucked away behind obstruce gestures.

It's dumb and it's faulty design pandering to its disfunctionally unique tublr userbase

definitions change dude
like cuck, it used to mean a man whos wife would cheat on him
now it means anyone who is dumb arrogant or naive in some way

cuck now means someone whose life is controlled by external forces and who is brainwashed to believe that it is good for him when it is in fact the opposite

>adjusts fedora
>prepares rant

there will be a time where people run after xp

But it's my birthday

Happy Birthday, dear user!

Happy birthday m8!