NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 stock won't improve until at least late July

>NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 stock won't improve until at least late July

Good job you fucking idiots, now AMD will sell like hot cakes.

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/61147/xfx-radeon-rx-480-pictured-features-1288-mhz-clock
youtube.com/watch?v=kv2nF2grrGU
youtube.com/watch?v=u5YJsMaT_AE
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>implying anyone wants to be associated with poorfags

:)

Might as well wait for the Ti now.

As an Nivida fanboy this pisses me off, they look like fucking idiots.

>There will be no performance increase for Nvidia Pascal users or Maxwell users in any DX12 games
>Nvidia who initially heavily promoted DX12 is now hiding away from it
K E K

don't worry dude i'm sure that's only what they LOOK LIKE, it has no reflection in reality as to what they actually are... no at all dude..

>1288mhz out of the box overclock
>8gb
>$259

Nvidia fucking bodied

videocardz.com/61147/xfx-radeon-rx-480-pictured-features-1288-mhz-clock

Pascal wasn't ready to launch. They bumped it up a couple of months to beat AMD to market. Now they're reaping the rewards.

t. Minus 12 days to Polaris

I wonder if the non-reference cooled ones will have DVI. The 1070 does. Otherwise I'll just connect it with an hdmi, but it's annoying.

>2 cards to beat one
AMD IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

I was expecting polaris before pascal, given the state of nvidia's woodscrews 2.0 situation. Not even having pascal ready for a tech demo earlier this year was a bad sign

That literally double the performance.

Did people already fixed SLI/CF problem or I have been out of the loop?

>amd will sell like hotcakes
>gtx 1080 out of stock
>people will buy a way inferior 480x instead

amd fanboy logic at it's finest.

>>Did people already fixed SLI/CF problem or I have been out of the loop?
DX12 dude.
They didn't fix SLI or CF, they just threw them in the trash and replaced them with synchronous frame processing

>blower cooler

dropped.

Is that mean we can expect a mid range Dual GPU card to became the norm now?

>$400 beats $600

This is the quality you choose, AMD shill

>being poor
>relying on shitty CF profiles

>$600
I think you mean $800-$1000

Seriously, how do they have ZERO stock

no. dx12 won't be the norm till 2018 earliest. dx11 is still very much the standard. the only people who think dx12 is already the standard are deluded amdrones.

>not having an itx case

>2016
>using big behemoth meme cases

1.7%

Pascal wasn't ready. This paper launch was a disgrace, made scalping stupidly attractive, and made Nvidia look like retards. All because they wanted to beat AMD to releasing new cards.

It's backfiring pretty fucking hard, they brought it upon themselves.

That still don't answered my question.

the funny thing is right till march nvidia was going dx12
all of the sudden when the war between nvidia and oxide devs started to get public nvidia changed to 12.1

they forgot to mention that the 12.1 needs a full dx12 adoptation

epic lel

>graphics cards louder than a vacuum cleaner

Seems legit

Here you go shill: youtube.com/watch?v=kv2nF2grrGU

Enjoy going deaf

The chip is huuuuuge. It's a fucking colossal chip for a new process that isn't optimized yet. The yields must be low as fuck, which means that they aren't able to produce as many chips as they need to supply the demand.

This was fucking obvious from the get go, but Nvidia ignored it and decided to launch anyway. I seriously doubt that even by July there will be enough availability. They won't be able to feed stocks properly well into late August, in my opinion. There's still massive interest in these cards, and the stocks are constantly out at all times, unless you're willing to buy at 2 times MSRP from scalpers.

enjoy your 1000W housefire

you are confusing the real 480 with the arsonist love gtx 480

>290X
>reference cooler
>measuring noise with a mic pointed at the fans and an open bench
>relevant at this point
LUL

>Being poor
Go back to your BST thread.

go flip your burgers

RX480 has a 150W TDP and is supposed to average 100W while being used. Gotta get some new memes senpai

I think by mid 2017 dx12 will be the norm for AAA games

>enjoy your 1000W housefire

Somebody call 911!
Fermi fire burning on the dance floor, whoa
(Fermi burning, Fermi burning)
What a blaze!
Jen-Hsun Huang, let's go, hey!
IN Elite, hey, hey

Fermi got that CUDA thing
Hotter than the sun in the south in Spain
Burned me soon as I walked through the door

My ricer case started melting
The way Fermi drop it low, that thang
Got me wan' spend my money on it, it

Fermi get it, pop it, lock it, drop it, that frame rate
Got a extinguisher, need to blow that crazy flame away
Now take my green 'n' black card and my house
Fermi is HOT like the fire, HOT like fire

meanwhile
1080s cards on amazon have reached 1999

we called it since the beggining nvidia wasnt ready at all for this

>triggered

You're talking about cards in the high end segment, AMD doesn't have any cards in that segment

>go flip your burgers
You really got me there, m8, best post of the year, 10/10

>Look on local websites
>"10+ in stock" on multiple 1080s

uhh?

>tfw Sup Forums take everything seriously now

I missed the old days.

>180%
>literally double

>synchronous frame processing
There isn't a single game or engine out there that implements DX12 SFR. Not a single one, it does not exist.

Jesus Christ

LMAO

That's how db is tested for most cards, whether linusshilltips is doing it or some tek syndicate faggot or whatever. 60db at 50% usage is a lot, basically hairdryer tier noise.

>poorfag got told

>ignoring all the other parts of the post
lmaoing @u

TO THE MOON!

Well I might exaggerated a little bit when i said literally, but comparing it to the old SLI/CF this is a huge gain.
Why people so anal when finally we got a huge leap in technology achievement?
Can we discuss this without acting like autistic person?

>he spent half an hour thinking of how to change a song into a joke to be posted on an anonymous image board
>he takes gpu wars seriously enough to be this much of a lowlife and make that song post

jesus christ. i mean, i've heard things about amd fanboys but i didn't think they were this salty and buttblasted

i don't get the appeal of the 1080 and 1070 for most games. those cards are for 1440p, 4k, and 144hz, which are niche resolutions and framerates. some 95+% of the pc market shoots for 1080p 60fps.

NVIDIA is so based they would rather ship people cards with wood screws than lose to AMD.

They will figure something out.

That's why i won't buy 1080

I don't understand why people are still on 1080p, the jump to 1440p is so fucking worth it

I...just...post...a...pasta...from...6...years...ago...

>he spent half an hour thinking of how to change a song into a joke to be posted on an anonymous image board

That song is older than you.

Because a good 1080p IPS screen + a card that can do 1080p at decent settings together costs 300-400$, while a good 1440p screen + a card that can do 1440p at decent settings will cost 600-700$.

You can maybe go down in price a bit, but that goes for both resolutions, not just 1440p. It's just much more expensive right now.

cuz 1080p is pretty good and i don't wanna have to replace my two monitors and gaming at resolutions higher than 1080p is really expensive for graphically intensive games

>1440p
>is so fucking worth it

>i have a micro penis

You can buy fantastic 1440p IPS screens right now for under 300$.

I would recommend at least 980 levels of power to drive the graphics but its so fucking worth it

you are literally bringing a cf setup from a card of 2013 that had the worst refrence cooling setup ever
and the goes to justify your stupid thought saying that a dual gpu setup is producing A LOT of noise

literally being this useless

>The new Porsche is sold out, guess all those people are going to go buy a Ford Focus instead

This is your logic

Sucks to be you, I don't really see how that's relevant to the thread

Why bother with 1440p now when every game still using DX11 abomination that ruin the performan of 1440p gaming for another couple years?

Tell me, I'm legit curious.

>As an Nvidia fanboy
Anyone that describes themselves as a fanboy of a corporation should consider suicide.

This just proved that nVidia has problems with 1080's success production rate.

AMDrones are like a guy in golf cart riding up to a guy in a Ferrari and shouting "LOL NICE PERFORMANCE/PRICE RATIO"

The best products aren't about price/performance ratio, they are about being the best.

Yea, just like you could buy fantastic 1080p IPS screens for under 300$ like 5 years ago. Except now, these same fantastic screens are under 150$. And can be powered by shit like an R9 380 or a GTX960 to acceptable levels of performance at 1080p, while you'll need at least a 980 or 390X to do 1440p comfortably.

It's just too fucking expensive for most people to consider the slightly better resolution. It's not like 1080p is 1366x768 or some shit, 1080p is actually fucking decent and good for the vast majority. People will adopt 1440p when the prices aren't 2 times higher than going for 1080p.

I don't even know what you are on about, what mad ramblings are these?

>car analogies
Oh boy, do you look retarded now.

are you actually comparing a car with a gpu?
if they wanted to they could sell 10.000 porsches each month its not about the quantiny you moron

you cant say the same about the gpu tho they need stock to supply the demand and clearly they didnt had and not only that they charged +100 for a version of a card that literally didnt had anything
meanwhile amd is charging +100 for 4gb more and providing a higher binned version along with 6 phases for better overclocking...

1440p is the perfect middle road right now

You don't need shitloads of money or graphical horsepower to get it, and its a big step up from 1080p.

4k obviously is still kind of overpriced right now for what it offers, but that won't take long

newfucks, everyone. jesus.

1440p mean jack shit if you can't get stable frame rate because DX11 is such a piece of shit.

>Well I might exaggerated a little bit when i said literally, but comparing it to the old SLI/CF this is a huge gain.
That's a DX11 benchmark though, so rather than me being anal your entire post is completely wrong and ignorant.

I wouldn't expect a budget card user to understand

youtube.com/watch?v=u5YJsMaT_AE

Wtf are you talking about, framerates are lower on 1440p because the graphics cards has to render much more pixels.

What kind of fucking idiot are you.

It's too fucking expensive, you retard. It's not about being the perfect middle road, it's just too fucking expensive for the majority of people to justify going for it. Fucking deal with it and stop complaining and thinking everyone is in the same situation as you. The vast majority doesn't care and will get the cheapest option.

They did plan this, they control the supple to sell to retailers.

>Perfect middle road
>Don't need shitloads of money
>Big step up

Not him, but your argument is comprised of opinions, which doesn't apply to everyone.

The point is that thw type of people in the market for a top of the line GPU are NOT going to bother with a $200 tier card.

How are you not picking this up?

>That's a DX11 benchmark though,

so wait, why this guy mention DX12 if the image was from a DX11 benchmark?

>It's too fucking expensive
For you maybe

The best part about it, is that you're the one that doesn't understand just how retarded your analogy was.

But I'll leave it for yourself to figure it out ;^)

1440p is the new snake oil. Basically anything below 32 inches with 1440p is a piece of shit and not worth it. 1080p is optimal for 24-27 inch displays.

If you want 4k, yo go 2160p and above 40 inches, like TV and that's how you can enjoy muh graphics.

But a shitty 1080p 144hz TN panel is more than enough for most faggots.

So is his

But user, I can get a stable frame rate because I have a GTX 1080.

God this thread is pure cancer

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

1080p is most common. 1440p is only used by 1.53% of Steam users.

1080p is equivalent to 'good enough' for most users. Kinda like, DVDs were good enough to most people when BlueRay came out.

>it's 2 times more expensive to go 1440p instead of 1080p
>>b-but why aren't people going for 1440p?!
>it's too expensive for most people, moron
>>for you maybe!
Keep missing the point and moving the goalposts, faggot

>framerates are lower on 1440p because the graphics cards has to render much more pixels.

And that's why I mention the 1440p gaming is not worth it you dumb fuck.
I rather get minimum rate of 60fps instead of 30fps.

>fox and the grapes.jpg

>1440p MUSTARD RACE
>say a gamer using a fucking TN panel

GO BACK TO Sup Forums you cancerous niggers

Or you buy a decent graphics card and get 60 fps at 1440p, idiot
>Keep missing the point and moving the goalposts, faggot
I'm not moving anything, your argument that 'it's too expensive' is just an opinion, nothing more at that

the point is everyone will bother with a gpu that costs 200 simply because it provides 80% of the perf of their 700 dollar card...

its the same shit as 4870 vs gtx 280 4870 was 300 bucks cheaper 10% slower and cause the gtx 260 to stop producing and slashed the price of gtx 280 from 600 to 350.... nvidia back then lost quite a lot of market share because of this and the same thing will happen now if amd goes full ortega on their asses

If you mean the guy I quoted, because he doesn't know what he's talking about, I'd guess.