Unraid? What are your thoughts?

Unraid? What are your thoughts?

that's mold

Easy to use. Expensive as hell for what it is. Good for beginners.

It's what it is.

Personally I prefer FreeNAS and ZFS+VirtualBox Jails.

What are the gold flecks?

A bullshit operating system for people who aren't smart enough to configure utilities themselves

Jails are shit. Just virtualize it, if your server can support expansion cards.

I set up freenas but was plagued with random crashes when working transferring data. Switch hed to unraid and shits buttery smooth and stable

Seems like freenas is a neckbeardy, unreliable project

But it's not. iX Systems even makes an enterprise level NAS/SAN, TrueNAS.

What? Running freenas? As an enterprise product?

No. It's called TrueNAS, it has extra features and validation and comes on their hardware.

So then maybe I needed their hardware to have a stable system? I'm not sure whT the problem was. The damn thing would just reboot randomly. Kinda upset me since I built the server just for freenas and now have to look at alternatives

I don't know what your problem was, could have easily been your fault. Did you do any troubleshooting whatsoever?

just add more coffee powder, should be fine

How long would that have to been sitting there?

No I just gave up. Why troubleshoot? What's the point of that?

What the fuck are you doing on Sup Forums. Go buy an iPhone and a Mac or something, you pleb

probably a week, I've left tea out over the weekend and it look this bad

Jokes on you asshole. I have an iPhone and a 3 Macs! And an xserve! So who's the pleb now?

Still you.

iawtc

Ouch my feelingz

>Why troubleshoot?
So you can find why it isn't working? I'm going to guess you had it running through a RAID controller and used shitty a shitty Realtek NIC or something.

Or using consumer grade equipment. Or not using ECC. Or being a dipshit without common sense

If I were to lick this, how much time would it take for me to die, and how painful?

And the big blob seems to be producing some kind of yellow liquid, what is this.

>Or using consumer grade equipment.
You can use consumer equipment, and ZFS won't stop working because of a lack of ECC memory. Considering it only failed during transfers I'm going to guess it was the NIC's fault. Then the storage controller.

burn your house. i can leave this out for a month and not have it look that bad.