/hsg/ Home Server General

What's up fellas? I just took 600mg of adrafinil, 200mg of l theanine, and 10mg of noopept.

I'm about to configure OpenVPN on my CentOS 7 VM running on Proxmox that's running on a TS140. This way I can remotely work on my servers because I stay with my gf a lot. After I'm gonna install Plex and see what's up. Wish me luck.

Why not just run cent OS directly on the machine.

Because I'm probably going to be booting up different VMs for different things. I'm learning linux sysadmin stuff as much as I can outside of class.

just bought the parts to build an 8 core rig w/ 32gb ram

if any of you live near a microcenter, right now they have an insane combo deal on the 8320e + any AM3+ mobo

Just use the OVA.

Explain? I can't find anything related searching OVA.

r8

Currently loading up game servers on the g5 and moving files about on my desktop

3/10, shit is ancient and you have no UPS.

it works well enough
I can't afford a UPS that'll be of any use, but it's high on the shopping list

HP R1500G2s are cheap AF and should be enough to power your garbage. I'm going to try using an APC NMC in mine to see if I can get some web management working with PowerChute.

>~$200 with batteries
thanks, I'll look for one once I have the cash

Keep an eye on eBay. I got one NIB for 120 bucks.

>I'm about to configure OpenVPN on my CentOS 7 VM running on Proxmox that's running on a TS140. This way I can remotely work on my servers because I stay with my gf a lot. After I'm gonna install Plex and see what's up. Wish me luck.

what meds are you-...oh

just use openvpnas, it's literally rpm -i openvpnas.rpm and you're done

ps adrafinil is a bit worse on the liver, stick to modafinil or armodafinil

>What's up fellas? I'm a drug addict.

FTFY

I don't take it but like once or twice a month. I live in the land of freedom and it isn't OTC here so I have to get adra.

Also what the hell is this openvpnas meme? I'll look into it.

This looks great. Thanks for the help.

Dude...moda is so easy to get in the states, There are so many online sellers that are legit

>I took some no-sleep pills and a bunch of placebos

Nice !
Just a NAS device device, running Plex for some friends, looking for more uses..

device device

device device

Nice fridge.

Those aren't no-sleep pills...

But OP, those are bad on your liver, just take a 30mg vyvanse next time. Just don't abuse, use for critical tasks only.

>tfw didn't get the white node 304 before the retarded swedecucks discontinued it
feels bad, man.

Are you a Vulcan?

Got it about £20 cheaper than the black version, only really bought it for that as it sits in the cupboard. Catered perfectly for my needs too

I take vyvanse for exams. I don't really like the high feeling you get. It kinda distracts me from the task at hand. I guess I'll try to get some modafinil.

>tfw still no /hsg/ hardware guide for me

>>/r/homelab desu

>go to local computer recycler
>browse for something cheap but not too old
>find a shitty rack
>go to home depot and get caster wheels
>cobble it together
>post here

>local computer recycler
what is this?

There's a few companies near me that recycle consumer and commercial equipment, they resell what still works at vastly discounted prices.
One of them sells stuff mostly as is without any sort of warranty or testing, the other has a decently put together retail operation.

well I'm officially jelly
if there was a place like that near me I'd be there every week

>openvpnas
Thank you for telling me about this.

Hardware guide for what?

>cables at front
Whyy??

because I don't have enough hardware to justify moving it around
maybe if I had a few more rackservers

I have to be careful to not run my accounts dry when visiting there
they've got a giant stack of optiplexes for $25 each
if I had the cash I'd be walking out of there with all of them