youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vzbNlaLyWuA
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veblen_good
amazon.com/Casio-Mens-GD350-8-Shock-Watch/dp/B00BU6TXEC
hodinkee.com/articles/ftc-takes-major-action-against-shinola-demands-where-american-is-made-slogan-to-be-dropped-immediately
hodinkee.com/articles/an-open-letter-from-shinola-founder-tom-kartsotis-in-response-to-the-ftcs-most-recent-action
m.ebay.com/itm/162077619631
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also I think it's time for a new installment of Watches&Cameras, since I just bought a camera with a Seiko electronic shutter in it.

Now I have four penisquartzes

I asked in the previous thread with no answer

What makes the grand seiko so special?

>tfw I photography really used to be my passions but I abandoned it due to anhedonia and the fact that I don't any friends anymore
Don't remind me

History, quality, style

You must really like dicks

Yeah. N-no homo though.

So if having the dial at 12 o'clock is so great, why then is it not more common?

Pic. related - son of spacewalk.

In today's money that rolex is equal to $1600 for the steel one.
Makes you wonder where the other $5k comes from?

It's not, they put it there so you don't damage your wrist climbing mountains or doing rugged manly shit.
Getting a crown in the tendon fucking hurts

>dial
Wouldn't chunkier straps get in the way of that crown?

904L stainless steel, parachrom hairsprings, actually solid bracelets and clasps, other improvements they've made.

And marketing, yeah.

Seems reasonable that this is a problem, yes.
In that respect I like the Ulysse Nardin idea of using the bezel to wind the barrel instead of a crown.

What exactly were they going for with that logo?

A quartz oscillator

Tell me about the quality

More or less.

Awful lot of them here.

>tfw when none
>tfw when can't order one till next month

$295 in 1969 is equivalent to $1,901.78CAD today. Why is rolex so much more expensive today?

youtube.com/watch?v=vzbNlaLyWuA

I wonder how many Rolexes were on this flight.

Because plenty of people buy it at the inflated price anyway, so why make it cheaper? It's a luxury product, many people buy it solely because it's expensive.

Luxury products have to be expensive, look up the premise of it on google

But I'm pretty sure they have increased the quality of their work. I could imagine operating costs and the bottom line going up with all the stuff they sponsor. I guess it all boils down to what people are willing to pay. Just my two cents

So in other words the French dwarves ratcheted the price up to cover all the cost savings they made on the manufacturing side

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veblen_good

Rolex mines the precious metals used in their watch. Refines the ore. Smelts it. Makes every individual part by hand. Hand assembles the watch, they pressure test every watch all themselves. They go above and beyond to a ludicrous degree. Their workers are extremely well paid and receive great benefits. All in America n top of that. It isn't really a good deal still, but they definitely did their part so you get what you pay for. Many luxury brand watches are like this. Rolex still keeps shit time by comparison though. But they look good

What the hell is this, copy and paste from somewhere?

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Probably not a problem

speaking of copy and paste.

Thanks, newfag.

>that Illumination fampai

No. That's their manufacturing process. You can easily Google it to verify, it's pretty pointless and inefficient. But it keeps hundreds of people gainfully employed. It's just what they do, so it's hard to say a product is over priced when they see the a-z of everything and other manufacturers outsource it all. If you don't like it fine, but you can't say it's over priced when the mark-up isnt even double the cost.

>No. That's their manufacturing process
In b4 only pretending to be retarded

My sub is a -0.2 per day watch

Don't respond seriously to that

Hahaha pwned

Have you bothered looking it up? This is seriously what they do. They're markup is small relative to other luxury brands.

Currently have a Ray with a few (quality) nato straps. What should be my priority in a new strap: steel bracelet or leather?

Yeah fair call. I'm still not fond of rolex jewism but it is a solid watch

The machines they bought make it all.
That huge number of rolex and Tudor (yes, rolex owns tudor) watches that get made, they only employ 2800 people.
I guess most of those work in assembly or testing

Reposting.

Is this model?

GD350-8?
Avaiable in Amazon
International shipping to my country (Spain)
amazon.com/Casio-Mens-GD350-8-Shock-Watch/dp/B00BU6TXEC

or

GD350-1JF?
Not available in Amazon

Where did you buy it?
Could you take a picture of the light?

Thanx bruh

>see OP image
>$295 for a fucking Rolex?
>when was that ad published, before Rolex even went into business or something?
>even busted non-working Rolex watches command 2-5x that price, get the fuck out

You would probably have to get a lather NATO, I think an aftermarket steel bracelet would be the best option

Read the link I posted before

What's the best Seiko under $4500?

That is fucking ridiculous...

>mfw I still can't decide if I want the SGW-100-2b or not
I fucking hate myself.

>FTC Takes Action Against Shinola, Suggests "Where American Is Made" Slogan Be Dropped

hodinkee.com/articles/ftc-takes-major-action-against-shinola-demands-where-american-is-made-slogan-to-be-dropped-immediately

This is maybe 4-5 years old. Haven't used the functions other than time and stopwatch. Keeps time and is only okay comfy.

Put it on just for you and got some arm hair caught.

alright then thanks

>Put it on just for you
Thanks m8. On some days I really like the gray and silver colors but others days I feel like it could actually be pretty bright. The purple watch looks childish but I really like the display and feel like the watch is less noticeable from a distance. I am not sure why I am so god damn indecisive.

S A R B
A
R
B R A S

why does it seem like in every picture the sgw100 regular display is such low contrast compared to most other casio digitals

more like lardmaster lolamirite

this shit was $250. every other watch is obsolete. i don't understand why you'd pay a premium for less function

its upside down. u know that right

Hairy arm here. I don't have another casio to compare to, however, it does look nice and sharp head on. Might be lighting or angle of picture.

It's pretty light in microgravity

fuck gary wheeler and fuck you

enjoy your fisher price toy

Unsurprising really.

Shitola.

ftc to da rescue

hodinkee.com/articles/an-open-letter-from-shinola-founder-tom-kartsotis-in-response-to-the-ftcs-most-recent-action

Does the second hand tick 60 times per minute?

>Shinola has always tried to be a Company that brings jobs to America by training individuals here
>Shinola will always strive to do as much as it can in America with the benefit of an American workforce

>We would like to assure our customers that our high quality products will continue to be as American as possible

This is 15 bucks
Should I go for it?

If you like it and will wear it, why the hell not. Don't buy and never wear.

I'm a hypocrite though. Currently cycling between a quartz seiko, low end eco drive and a chinese knock off with sapphire glass.

I have a hmt janata that I'm trying to adjust, two watches without a crown, and a 7s26 that I dropped and broke.

Do what you want.

I like the brown one, blue doesn't look too bad either

I like the bell & ross look

SARB
A R
R A
BRAS

It's down side up

My second watch I've owned. First was some fossil square faced all black. My fiancée bought me this on Valentines Day our first year dating. I wanted this watch for over a year, but kept gambling my winnings and never pulled the trigger. Extremely happy.

It's shit

Can't stand the style.

Why not just paint a black circle on your wrist?

Hoods not being hoods in Detroit is a good thing, you implying otherwise?

But why

Oh come on, my chink example is better looking than that
I like square watches

but its not
i like the simplicity of it. and a black circle doesn't actually tell time

>pulling out your phone to check the time
>not casually glancing at your writst

It's something.

break off the engagement

nah nigga, ive wanted it for over a year. being that autist... its hard to talk about relationships here when most of you are NEET and neckbeads I guess.

Black hands on a black dial, with no markers.

How can you tell time by glancing at it? Especially in low light?

does anyone know of a patek wristwatch ref with the calendar like this?
absolutely fell in love with the way the date is set up side by side and was wondering if there's something like a 3448 with this dial setup

silver hands, bad reflection. Dot on the 12.

Your chink watch looks a bit less mall ninja and a bit more "I bought it at costco" dadcore.

But the chink one looks pretty cheaply made. At least with the real Bell and Ross the screws fit flush in their holes. Don't be suprised if that thing rattles as you move.

I can't imagine how the lume is going to be on that either, if it's only 15 dollars. It has a backlight though, right? That's probably the only way to read it in the dark.

Also, what are the random numbers just outside of the indices? Looks like it starts counting up from 1 at a quarter past 2 o'clock, is up to 35 at around 9:15 and then goes all the way to 95. What is that?

Also, keep in mind, at that price, even if they say 'stainless steel' china may or may not be lying. Only proceed if you don't have metal allergies.

He didn't even say anything about a phone. That being said, it's not a good watch.

thats all a watch is needed for? what constitutes a good watch? its runs, i havent needed to change the time back in over a year. its legible. Whats a good watch in your opinion?

>thats all a watch is needed for?
What are you even responding to? What country you from?

from Poland, in the US. digital watches are manchild toys. smartwatches are technology that people don't need or want that bad. watches have become more or less a fasion statement at this point in time.

but what constitutes a good watch in your opinion. I am actually asking and not shit posting. all i see are Seiko and Casio here. Why can't my Movado chill?

fucking ugly

>$300 Rolex

damn nigger.

Because your movado is dogshit. Fuck off

What you boys think about this? I have a Seiko skx right now but I also need something similar. Anything that really catches my eye is more expensive. Quartz movement on this jl

I'm fine with the movado. i don't like it but good news is, it isn't my watch.
Just beware the trolls there are a few resident ones who like to rabidly attack anything that isn't a penis quartz or a f91w

Cost of watch and movement type? I think it looks OK the bits i don't like are personal taste but it seems well designed

>special ad homina homina technique

there's quite a few people here due to the fact that it's one of the few places you can call something dogshit without it being deleted by a mod like wus. I'd even wager that a lot of people here are only on Sup Forums for the /wt/, so the classic Sup Forums dismissal of "neckbeard/neet" doesn't even make sense. there are some high end pieces posted here that are unattainable by a neet and i'm not even counting the millionaire lawyer that frequents.

that being said not even a neet or neckbeard would wear what you posted.

if you like it good for you but don't come in posting your shit and get all defensive when you don't get the praise of people who have better taste than "if it's at macy's and over a couple hundred, it's a horological masterpiece"

$115 + $8 shipping. Here's the eBay link. I think it's good but then again I normally can find something better if I post on here before I buy something.

m.ebay.com/itm/162077619631 forgot link

I can not think of anything that does that. The only thing even close I can think of is the 5960, and I'm certain that's not what you're looking for.

Just because you see something posted here, doesn't mean it's necessarily liked any more than your Movado.

Movado was a company, like many other swiss companies, that made some interesting watches back in the day, but hasn't even bothered with trying to make anything with watch movements in quite a while now. Now all they do is package up some eta movements in some watch to sell at Macy's.

That model, your watch, in particular is a design they stole from Nathan Horwitt, and they had to pay out to him a legal settlement for it. They kinda stopped making it, but then when he died they ramped production big time and started to use his name again as a selling point because now they can get away with it. Hard for him to get angry and stop them again now that he's dead.

But at the end of the day, what's going to impress Sup Forums? A watch with a unique or novel mechanism. A company that tries to inject some sort of unique technological improvement in the form of copper-sulfate capsules or graphite particle coatings. Or even silicon used for its unique mechanical properties. But what about movado, and your watch? They buy some movement from eta, they buy some case from China, they engrave their logo on it and sell it at the mall. They don't do anything, they just buy components. But Sup Forums could still like a watch and company that just buys components, if those components have some technological advancement or unique properties that that justify attention or admiration. But Movado has no use for that kind of shit, that's not their marketing, and we're not their market segment.