/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>Entry-level Honor 5C likely coming to Europe and India
androidauthority.com/honor-5c-coming-to-europe-and-india-699129/

>Here’s how to fix the OnePlus 3’s shoddy RAM management
androidauthority.com/honor-5c-coming-to-europe-and-india-699129/

>LeEco to enter the USA market this fall
gsmarena.com/leeco_to_enter_the_usa_market_this_fall-news-18887.php

>Upcoming vivo X7 will be powered by Snapdragon 652 SoC, teaser confirms
gsmarena.com/upcoming_vivo_x7_will_be_powered_by_snapdragon_652_soc_teaser_confirms_-news-18882.php

>Doogee X5 Max Pro with MT6737 presale for $84.99
gizchina.com/2016/06/16/doogee-x5-max-pro-mt6737-presale-84-99/

>Moto Z Play With Snapdragon 625 Exposed, Might Cost $305
gizmochina.com/2016/06/16/moto-z-play-snapdragon-625-exposed-might-cost-1999-yuan/

>OnePlus 3 vs iPhone 6S Speed Comparison
youtube.com/watch?v=jRO30ujYBfA

>Sony Xperia X Review
youtube.com/watch?v=UaLl8grFhtw

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/d2jav7UdQtE?t=1m52s
ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-32GB-G930P-GSM-Unlocked-4G-LTE-12MP-Smartphone-Black-/172210178182?hash=item281886c886:g:MMoAAOSwY0lXTSnk#viTabs_0
ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-32GB-G930P-GSM-Unlocked-4G-LTE-12MP-Smartphone-Black/172210178182?hash=item281886c886&_trkparms=5373:0|5374:Featured#viTabs_0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's going to ruin the Galaxy Note 6/7?

What is the phone with the best camera?

Is there a phone that's actually completely good, or are they just all terrible in their own way?

>completely good

depends on priorities and preferences, that's the beauty of not being stuck completely with whatever [current year] iShit is

S7>HTC10>LG G5>iPhone6s.

S7 at the moment

IPhone 6s

AT&T, USA
Need to be able to use 4G bands.
Not a phablet.
(At least) okay perfomance.
Good battery.
Doesn't melt my hand.
$400

I just want a phone that lets me shitpost, watch videos, listen to music, and take nice pictures whenever I need to. Is the S7 the way to go?

jesus fucking christ, why can I never reliably drag and drop files into my phone and just play them? pic related is the problem i'm having. FTP clearly fucking shows files there, but wired and unlocked shows fucking nothing, even after installing motorola's device manager bullshit.

?Is it drivers?

I saw an open box galaxy s7 for 430$ on ebay

This man speaks the truth.

who /waitingfor2016nexus/ here

S7 edge recent convert from an iphone 6s. Been a week and all I've done is install the few apps I had on my old phone. What can I do that's fun and won't destroy my new toy?

Would there be any regrets if I went from Z3C to a OnePlus 3?

Battery is meh and the 6gb ram meme is underutilized , see op for details.

Battery's not too impressive on the Z3C, but that's fine. Apparently there's already a "fix" for the 6GB of RAM, but that much RAM seems like a waste, anyhow.
Anything else?

>What can I do that's fun and won't destroy my new toy?
Selling it and buying an iPhone 6s.

Clever girl...

Cant believe how close I was to buying a Xiaomeme Mi5
youtu.be/d2jav7UdQtE?t=1m52s

Bit pissed off what I'm reading about the OP3 screen and current memory problems was gonna bag that. ZUK Z2 Pro is way too expensive at the moment, I thought it would be around $200 cheaper.

Any other options for an all rounder/good screen & cam for $400/£300?

Does anyone here repurpose old smartphones they have but don't want to sell? What do you do with it?

I just found my old LG Optimus S and I want to try doing something with it. Problem is that this phone has fuckall for specs - ~400MB RAM and ~150MB of internal storage, and it runs Android 2.3.3. It'd be nice to do something with it, mostly because this thing is hardly worth selling at this point.

that's basically the phone my dad currently uses exclusively for texting, except his is a samshit galaxy ace

what's wrong with the op3 screen?

How's the GearVR paired with the S7?

Hey anons I've recently acquired a LG G3 but the battery life is total shit. I'm not sure if the battery is worn out and needs to be replaced but my battery life is only a few hours max if I keep my screen on. Also the phone always seems hot when on running stock 6.0 and it seems pretty bloated by default. If I flash to CM13 will it improve my battery life any?

I wish i could get my O2 IIi to work again but I cant for life find a battery around here

from previous thread

Does the latest, newest build of CM for the Galaxy Note 2 i317 support pressure sensitivity on the spen?
I don't care about the Samsung spen features, but I do want the pressure sensitivity for drawing programs as I love to doodle and sketch, but old touchwiz is more cancerous than it is now.

how big will the pressure sensitive touch features coming with the 2016 nexus be?

do you guys think this is a good deal?
ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-32GB-G930P-GSM-Unlocked-4G-LTE-12MP-Smartphone-Black-/172210178182?hash=item281886c886:g:MMoAAOSwY0lXTSnk#viTabs_0

I can deal with the shitty screen.
I can deal with the poor RAM usage.
I can deal with the lack of SD card.
I can deal with all of those three, together, for the price.
But the just barely average battery and camera bump, both of which fixed with a bigger battery.
Why would OnePlus do this?

Maybe you can hope and dream for a better case, user. :^)

battery* fucking phones man, who needs them

Yet another reason to purchase the new Apple iPhone 6S Plus.

i don't think anyone considering a OP3 would be willing to buy something almost three times the price

i mean i know you're memeing but it's a bit low quality

ya got me to reply anyways, didn't you

ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-32GB-G930P-GSM-Unlocked-4G-LTE-12MP-Smartphone-Black/172210178182?hash=item281886c886&_trkparms=5373:0|5374:Featured#viTabs_0

>phone isn't compatible with AT&T 4G frequencies
and so the search continues

Install cpu spy and see what your processor is doing. Make sure all apps are up to date. Sometimes you have to search for them manually to see they need updating. Worst case reset the phone to factory and reinstall apps.

Just bought an unlocked Exynos S7 Edge that still has a certain carrier's (Telcel, Mexico) bloat and startup screen. Can I remove it somehow?

The Apple iPhone 6S Plus doesn't have this problem.

It also doesn't have a 3600mhz battery, expandable display or an amoled display.

So it's screen is still amazing and it's battery lasted me 2 days with moderate use all the time.

You can hate on Apple all you want. I'm buy no means a very big fan but only a fool would trash talk the iPhone.

>tfw running cm13 on my old Note 3 after switching daily drivers to S7
Just tells you how shit TouchWiz is

Even my G4 has a better camera than the 6s
From what I've seen( I got my hands on a G5, HTC 10 S7E, a 6s and my G4), the S7 has no match in low light conditions, the G5 shines when there's plenty of of light, the 10 was meh, but I heard they fixed it, my G4 was still able to to competent with those new flagships, and the 6s had one of the worst(but it still ain't bad)

Almost every phone can shitpost.
If you want nice pictures,

Why isn't there a droid turbo 3 or a g4 pro?.. I need better battery life and waiting three months for k6k premium is too much.

Rice it, tinkered with it, etc

Will be using AT&T
Almost purely a web browsing and shitposting machine, with the occasional light gaming, video watching, and snapchatting. Prefer AMOLED screens because of black themes. Needs to be easily flashable, with good community support.
Don't know on budget, but since I'll probably be using it often, $450?

Download a stock Android theme and download Goodlock UI from APKmirror.
Also if you're on the Exynos variant, root it

$600 AUD
1080p or more
Battery that can last a day with medium wifi use
>inb4 Oneplus 3 because wall charger probably won't work in Australia with wall socket.

Why is no one talking about the iPhone SE?
Literally one of the best phones to buy at the moment.

How about note 3,4 or 5?

Is there a way to play Flash (.sfw) files on an Android phone?

It's last year's phone with crippled RAM even if iPhones could multitask, the se could not.

flashfox app i guess

Cheers mate

So my nexus 5s power button just broke today (keeps flickering/holding it down non-physically) after 2,5 years. Should I pull the trigger on OP3? also nexus 5s bad camera and battery has had me on the edge

Get a powerbank too. Worse battery life than nexus 6p.

Been using the HTC 10 for the last month+ and it's really great. A no-frills, no-gimmick smartphone with blazing speed and smoooooth animations. Only gripe is that the speakers can't even come close to competing with the 3 year old M8 it replaced.

Wait for ZTE Axon 7

I've seen theyre offering 2 Years warranty that includes free post and return and theft cover at no extra cost, look at the speccs too

ZUK Z2 Pro is also an option but I cant find it for a reasonable price

Oh it even has a microSD slot.

Because it's a piece of shit you dumb Mapple shill.

>5x root
Worth it if i care about heat, multitasking, lag, and other smartphone ideal fixes?
I'm new to the whole process so wondering if it's worth my time

And a better screen, actual speakers with decent sound and what looks like a above average 20mpx camera.

Should cost $450/£350 and you have to wait for the Chinese brand to release next month.

From what I've seen of the ZUK its underwhelming but there are no real reviews yet

>US, AT&T
Thinking bout making the jump from Apple.
Have a 6s, what's the best android phone on the market? The S7?

Looks good. Release date? My contract runs out in august.

Is the Blackberry Classic still the best smpartphone for communicating, messaging, managing emails and contacts and surfing the net?

both next month officialy It seems, ZUK is already out in china and available on ebay for +35% mark up at the moment.

Was weighing up OP1 but for that money and a little extra time there should be better

Wait for rome.

When is it supposed to come out?

Should I get an s7 edge I had a s5 before my current Nexus 6 I really mainly care about battery.

>end 2016
Is the only mention of a release.
>no custom rom
Smashills...

Is there anything wrong with the P9? Is the software a piece of shit?

Is there a nicely specced $200-$300 phone that's 5 inches or smaller?

I owned a Zenfone 5 (lost it), and it was rather huge for my pocket. I need a smaller phone that performs better than it. I just want the phone to be fast and easy to handle. Camera, resolution, and other features are not that important to me.

Can't afford the iPhone SE. Is that Xiaomi 4.3inch phone only a rumor?

Not that small and not that improvement over the battery of your zenfone 5 but one plus x should do the trick.

>We're also given a glimpse into the P9's performance. The 96,043 score is nothing spectacular in today's world where the Samsung Galaxy S7 and LG G5 go upwards of 130K.
It is. Redmi 3s pro should be affordable and got a refresh.

Price tag too high for what it is.
Chink software support for western prices.

Wait for the S7 Active for decent battery life.

I need something rootable, about the size of or smaller than the Galaxy S5, with expandable storage and a not-shit battery life. It needs to work on AT&T.

Went through 3 different xperia z3s because the screen is horribly sensitive to shock. Currently on my sisters old HTC One remix.

What I really want is a phone with a qwerty board like the moto pro I used to have. Fucker was a trooper. I'm on verizon(I know), and have been looking at the priv. I'm also not ashamed to say that I'm excited about the new razr that is supposedly in the works.
So I don't know whether to wait or what, any recs?

>OnePlus 3 vs iPhone 6S Speed Comparison
God the OP3 is a fucking disgrace. What the fuck did they think when making it?!
OP1 was good, OP2 suffered under SD810 and OP3 they managed to fuck it up themselves.
Into the trash it goes.

Is H.264 playback (Youtube, Twitch, offline videos, etc.) done with hardware decoding in phones?

I don't know if it counts as a Smartphone, but the Samsung GT-i5800D is literally fucking invincible, I cannot break it. I've dropped it on concrete, I've put it through the washing machine, it WON'T die.

Odin a factory image of an unlocked variant.

My S pen is no longer pressure sensitive on Cm13 note 4.

JESUS what the fuck has happened to smartphones. My HTC m7's battery has died on top of the camera and microphone breaking and I can't replace it without shelling out $100+ to a phone repair shop, if at all. My HTC one XL has had its capacitive buttons break. I just edited the build prop to have softkeys enabled so I can use the HTC one XL again b/c im a poorfag. Meanwhile my HTC desire is still kicking. Why are these pieces of shit so unreliable??

How do I get flash player to work in the S7?

That's a cute pepe :^)
Saved

Time to get into chinkphones.

I already have and they are not compatible with the LTE bands in ausfailia. Going to run my HTC One XL into the ground and then get a different brand.

I have a Galaxy S5 running CM13, and recently I deal with really big battery drain. In options->battery it shows that Cyanogenmod System is draining almost as much battery as the screen.

How can I fix it? Is it possible that's because of the theme? I installed android N theme that changes the looks of status bar, and the time I started using this theme more or less covers with the time I noticed this battery drain.

Just broke the lcd in my moto g LTE. I got it a couple of years ago specifically for the 4.5" screen. Can I get a recommendation for a similar sized phone? Most phones seem so big. I don't give a shit about gaymes, I just browse Sup Forums/reddit, listen to music/youtube/spotify (doesn't have to look all that great for youtube, I don't watch videos).

iPhone 6S™ 128 GB

Faggot

I have that phone too. CM will never work properly on it. Especially Bluetooth. Don't bother.

The setting for background apps on the OnePlus 3 is lower than the G5, which has less RAM

oh kek

>"yeah senpai just stick 6GB of RAM in it"
>"Oh yeah but don't let people utilise all that RAM with the stock ROM"
>"Let's make the limit LESS than a phone with LESS RAM"

I have a nokia lumia. Best phone.

Another Moto G?

Oneplus is the new moto g
They started with a good well priced phone then gradually became irrelevant and overpriced.
And Sup Forums continues to recommend then despite this.