Well Sup Forums ?

well Sup Forums ?

i could be wrong but on safari they shouldn't move
because batteries

But does the light in the fridge go off after i close it?

Well those would be wasted clock cycles/packets sent, but on the other hand most web devs don't care, so probably.

If they're not on screen they're simply not rendered.

Unless by 'move' you're daft enough to think that an animated gif is moving. Flicking through a gif's changes in analagous to flicking through a series of still photos.

Either way, no

It goes into Disco Mode.

lies

Would love to test this in my mobile because I'm pretty sure that after opening a gif and scrolling way from it, upon going back to it, it is still running and not from the beginning. Can't test though as every animated media on this site is a fucking webm.

ur dumb lol

Yes, this is what I'm talking about
Even if it pauses somehow it manages to resume flawlessly, which is unusual these days. Animated GIFs are kinda CPU-intensive so I guess, performance-wise, it would make more sense for them to keep rendering when not in view.

My feelings :^(

YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT. SO IF A SCROLL A VIDEO IS NOT BEING RENDERED BUT YET I CAN STILL LISTEN TO IT. EXPLAIN THAT SHIT !

GIFs do not exist without me, the observer. This image of ryan gossling you have posted did not exist until i first saw it today. Pretty obvious that it depends on whether you imagine it to be moving as to whether it's moving or is not moving, well it depends on whether you think it is, creating a mental image of the moving gif beyond the barrier of upscroll, projected unto the cloak of absent 3d space where said image would be.

This is exactly the same for chinese cartoons, characters exist when they're on screen, but scease to exist as soon as they leave the screen.

Here you go.

Ryan Reynolds*

Safari: Continues to play
Opera: Continues to play, also in battery saving mode
Chrome: Continues to play
Firefox: Stops playing

Note, just because it continues to play doesn't mean that it's still rendering. It just keeps counting the frames which uses next to no resources.

webm and gif are different you retard

Depends on what you use for viewing it. Some more optimized browsers stop the loop after it disappears from the screen and thus isn't rendered.

didn't stop on my firefox

Didn't stop on Opera.