Recent Tech Purchases

So Sup Forums, what has you obsessively refreshing your tracking pages?

Pic related, I somehow managed to get one of these today.

>That feel when you refresh the page just as someone's order got canceled and snag the last one

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pq_nJoVpon8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they had those in stock 2 times in a day yesterday, hopefully I'll be able to purchase one if they return

Why don't you buy a 5% slower RX 480 for half the price of the 1070?

good goy

Because it's actually 44% slower, and it's not out yet.

>le cherrypicked benchmarks meme

I'm going to enjoy the Nvidiot tears in 11 days.

#rekt

11 days? OP are you retarded? Well I guess you can still get your money back if things turn out as expected.

I can't even locate the source of this image. At least mine is literally the first Google result for "RX 480 Benchmark"

It's fake.

>almost linear performance increase with clock speed increase.

Are AMDiscount fags really this dumb that they believe fake shit like this?

Yes

Been thinking about getting one as well to replace my 390

Not worth it man. Not a significant upgrade

OP here, even I agree. I'm coming from a 2GB 760 so I was in need of a good bump. I wanted to make sure VRAM wasn't gonna be an issue for a good long time, this massive inflation in texture sizes is killing me.

The main reason I'm considering going back to an nvidia card is because of how loud my 390 runs. I could be playing something like counter strike and the second someone throws a smoke grenade, my fans start to kick in. My card runs extra loud playing anything except for street fighter.

Is it a fault or just the nature of the card? I would wait for the 490. Something tells me AMD won't try to price it too high, maybe 300?

why would you obsessively refresh tracking info?

it'll get to you when it gets to you. UPS isn't going to live update the status of the package any sooner than you'll hear the guy knock on your door or whatever.

and besides all that, what are you even going to do when you get it? play video games? is that honestly so important to you that you're eagerly refreshing the tracking page?

is there some mindset that allows you to be excited about something so stupid? i'm honestly asking because i don't find pleasure in simple shit like this anymore and it makes me worry that i'm depressed. i'd kill to be so excited about a computer component that i wanted to spam refresh the tracking page.

welp I think me and my meme cards are good for this round

Put a deposit down on the MSI 'X' 1080. Should be able to collect on the 27th. Fuck paper launches.

Bought the Asus 1080 yesterday from newegg. Can't find one in stock in Australia. Should get it early next week.

LG Ultrawide 34" 1440p with Freesync
750€

absoluteley worth it!

I opted for the noncurved version because it was about 200€ cheaper. I don't miss any curve yet

Hows the input delay for games?

Well I don't notice it at all, so it's fine for me.

But I don't play competetive games.
On the paper it's about 14ms.
But you can vary Input delay settings in the menu of the monitor

Playing 21:9 overall is an awesome experience.
Lately I play Black Desert Online and it looks so fucking good

Enjoy that coil whine under load. I cancelled my preorder for the Gigabyte when I found out about it.

Coil whine is caused by shitty PSUs with lots of high ripple, not by the cards.

Fuck you, I have been hard all week about buying one of those monitors but have been holding off because I don't need it. Now I gotta get it.

Not with all cards. With this card it's more to do with the cheap capacitors they used.

Even if they used cheap capacitors, if your PSU has high ripple, you get coil whine. If it doesn't, you don't get any. Simple as that.
Cheap capacitors or the GPU just amplify the issue.

>he still uses Arctic Silver

Well keep in mind that you'll need a decent graphics card and have to deal with windows tiling feature

Takes a little time but you'll get used to it

This fucker right here, I'm hoping I'll get it next week because my 770 is starting to die.

Maybe it was your canceled order I got.

Coil whine doesn't bother me, I use headphones. Plus it's worth it for that buttery smooth FPS.

people say "wait until the end of the month" as if GTX prices will drop just because the 480 is out. has that ever happened before?

Once.

I can't remember when exactly, think it was GTX 5xx or 6xx. AMD released a card so powerful Nvidia stopped production on it's bottom range cards immediately and reduced price on the top of the range because they were getting hammered so hard.

>defective product is totally acceptable

I know Sup Forums is fucking illiterate but even leddit proved this is a fucking shoop where they replaced Titan X with 480.

What's your GPU?
What's your CPU?
Can you play Witcher 3 in 3440x1440?

I was thinking about a 21:9 monitor but those prices, god damn.

Since it's roughly equivalent to a 4K monitor, you're looking at 40-50 fps on a 6700k, GTX 1080 rig with Witcher 3 with everything maxed. You can probably bring that up to the 70-80fps mark by dropping some AA (which isn't really necessary at that those resolutions anyway) and turning down hairworks.

Considering most of the complaints are about the 1080 and not the 1070 and this is apparently the "whine" from the 1080 youtube.com/watch?v=Pq_nJoVpon8
I think I can live with it. It doesn't affect performance and is barely audible. Electrical components vibrate due to electromagnetic forces. Wow, such a defect.

I'd literally have to upgrade everything except for case and PSU. Feels bad man.

Missing my Enthoo Luxe, should be here on Monday.

a 1060 will absolutely destroy this piece of shit 480

Got my AMD rma'd due to terrible coil whine and replaced it with 1070 Inno3D. Going to get it monday or tuesday

>posting chink benchmarks
>posting curry nigger benchmarks

AMD shills are toiling very hard

Had to RMA my AsRock mobo because it had 2 bad sata ports, and irreparably corrupted one of my HDDs.

I currently use a GTX 970 with it
But I'm feeling like I need to upgrade to at least 1070 SC or something to max everything out

Actually, I doubt that. It's either going to be a GTX 1080 with half the cores locked off, or a rebranded and tuned GTX 980. Either way, the 480 should do well in the market segment it's in.

>FE
Why user, why.

I've had 5 preorders which have all been delayed multiple times. The Fanboy Edition is in stock, and amazon has a 30 day return window. I should be able to return it and replace with an EVGA Classified by mid July.

hahahahhahahahaahahahahahah

you spend a grand for a video card

It's nice being able to afford things I like. Why, can't you?

>sli
good goy

This stuff

Blacklight?

Are you trying to clean the cum stains off your walls or some shit?

No, my new rig has UV reactive liquid in it.

New things just excite me man.

So i can listen to third eye blind in my car

>that case
>that radiator
>CPU only loop
>not hard tubing

so many whys

I like the core P5
I like this rad and only need 2 fans
CPU loop only because I've had these dual 970's a while and plan on upgrading at the end of the year so no point taking the casing off and buying fittings for them etc
Will use rigid when I upgrade my GPUs and do a whole loop, easier to dismantle this with regular tubing.

Does that answer your questions? lol

Kek, it's like 35% on your non-cherrypicked benchmark.

>LOW ENERGY

Don't return it user, sell it on some online marketplace for more than you bought it for. I did that with a ps4, when it was first available for pre order here I got 2 and sold one for $500 online.

They were the strongest ones I could find on there, and I think it just means low energy consumption, it still says it's High intensity UV

I'll slap it on Amazon marketplace and Ebay, but the FE is widely available so I don't see it going or much more than I paid.

Microsoft bluetooth wedge mouse. 10 bucks on eBay. Much prefer it to my other standard-shape travel bluetooth mouse

It's like Christmas when you're a kid. You know good shit is coming but you can't speed it up, so you just keep checking the calendar.

When it's not available anymore it'll go for more. There are probably enough underage b&s who're saving up for it and won't be able to get one now, that's when you should sell yours.

That would have been fine about a 2 weeks ago, but availability is ramping up now. Like I say, I'll put it up for £700 and see what happens.

Well that is pretty good.

Kind of regretting picking up the G1 Version when the Xtreme came out a day later. Might sell it and wait for the Xtreme to come back in-stock or wait it out for the FTW edition.

Honestly, from the looks of things these cards are pretty much already at their limit. Buying more expensive AIBs in general seems to just guarantee you'll get a higher a higher base clock.

Unless someone releases a new bios with overvolting we're all stuck at 2.1ghz at best, so far.

In a sense that's where the extra power phases, and connectors might come into play, but I don't think it's worth shortening the life of your card for 5 extra FPS.

More like refreshing Gmail because Newegg fucking cucked me out of a refund and won't respond to my emails.
Epic, simply an employee said she submitted a request for my refund but I doubt it considering how long its been taking.

Well that's pretty shitty, what did you order?

I was also considering SLI so thermals also played a factor.

If you're planning on SLI then using an FE would be a much better option as heat is pushed out the back the case instead of onto the card above.