/sqt/ Stupid Question Thread

Stupid Question Thread

Don't know how to install gentoo? Ask here, don't be an idiot and make your own thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/pc-xperifirm-xperia-firmware-downloader-t2834142
amazon.com/Lenovo-ThinkPad-Edge-1366x768-Laptop/dp/B00SXVVTMQ?ie=UTF8&keywords=E555 20DH002TUS&qid=1464734464&ref_=sr_1_1&s=electronics&sr=1-1
localhost:8080
107.155.78.122/~saiyanwatch2/Dragon Ball Z/001.m4v
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where can i find Xperia Z3+/Z4 official rom?

what is System32?

I'm making an arb program for fun.

Whats the best way of grabbing price data from a page without having to download the entire page first?

Currently I grab the page, then do some xpath shit.

Using python btw.

CPU idle temps at 40-45 C, should I be worried?

best laptop under 400$€, must be 17"

what powers a mirror

Hey guys.
This will be a longer post so please bear with me.
What i need is someone that encountered this problem and advise me what to do next.

I got this Evga480GTX few years back as a present but with no box or driver or anything.
I haven't really used it because i had other things to do besides playing games but when I need it this thing happened.
Out of nowhere red dots like in the picture related started showing up and my computer would BSOD if I start up chrome for example.
Right after I got no signal on the monitor but i got a picture if i plugged the monitor in the second DVI port.
After a while windows would hang on boot and just show black screen.

Now if I boot in save mode while monitor plugged in the second DVI port windows will boot but the artifacts/red dots and lines are still present.
After long searching I found only once case of 470GTX from evga showing the same symptoms and the problem was solved with gpu bios update.
So I found the newest bios for my card and flashed it.
Now the computer boots to windows only on the second dvi port,red dots are still present and widows detects it as a new device and searches drivers for.
Windows finds the drivers and asks for a restart.If i press restart windows goes back to hanging on boot and black screen.
So I took out the card and I put it in the second PCI-E slot,and again windows will boot,detects new hardware,install the drives without any problems and when asks for a restart it hangs again with black screen.
I managed to get cap of GPUz right after booting on the second PCI-E slot,as you can see it cant detect few things(possible sign of something failing?).
So i enter in safe mode and update nvidia drivers to most recent ones.
reboot and drivers crash with BSOD every time on boot.
Boot in safe mode again and wiped it clean with DDU put my old 8800GT card back in and installed old drivers.

I lost 2 whole days on this and I am ready to lose more so please help

Dis Asus X550JX-XX130D worth 700$?
Should I buy it?

is it out of the norm for a memory stick to die 9 months after you bought it? G.Skill RAM no less

>forum.xda-developers.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/pc-xperifirm-xperia-firmware-downloader-t2834142
Use tool called XperiFirm to download original rom from sony servers.

Did you run it through memtest to confirm that the RAM is dead and not RAM slot?

Do you really need such powerhorse?
You do realize that battery will not last for more than 1h.

Depends on the CPU.
Run CPUZ and report back with a screenshot.

>what is System32
Windows system directory containing OS essential files.

out of the two 4GB g skill sticks one works wih one slot, the other doesn't
now I'm testing the one thar works in the other slots

How many watts of a PSU do I need for a RX 480 and a i5 6600?

I like muh gaymes :/

Also, how do you clean RAM contacts? I heard using a soft eraser will do, is that recommended or not?

Well If you dont have isopropyl alcohol lying around you could try it.
Soft rubber shouldn't damage the pads,I dont see how it will.

what keyboard is this

Not him but if you delete S32 can you just reinstall an OS or is the computer just completely fucked?

&@/sqt/
Is it worth it, I mean the i7 4720 is at 47W and i7 6700hq is at 45W and the i7 4720 has better bench mark+6700hq is expensive as shit.
The gpu is @2015 and decent.
So wtf do you guys think?
700$ for some casual gaming for the next 2 years?!

If I've got a middle portion of a video file (Say, bytes from 10MB - 20MB, and I've got the video header (from 0-100KB), is there a way to get the middle portion to play?

My R9 290x is overheating causing my system to crash on load after about 10 minutes. Paste looks good, dust is cleaned and still no improvement.

If you have windows disk you can run system repair and usually will replace missing sys32 files and you wont have to reinstall.

I think for casual gaming you are making big mistake and wasting money.
ive played Crysis 3 on $200 acer laptop with HD3000 and I got ~20 fps on 720p.
but that only me so good luck.

>$200 acer laptop
You can't get an i3 laptop with 200$ and HD3000 only comes with i3 or above.
I was talking about games in 2017/2018

Is this a good laptop for $420?

amazon.com/Lenovo-ThinkPad-Edge-1366x768-Laptop/dp/B00SXVVTMQ?ie=UTF8&keywords=E555 20DH002TUS&qid=1464734464&ref_=sr_1_1&s=electronics&sr=1-1

for the price yea

So I'm trying to root an old phone I have to understand more about flashing ROMs and such, the problem is that Win 7 64 is not recognizing the galaxy y duos. I installed different versions of Samsung Kies and no dice. I want to root the Y duos by transferring that file and rebooting with that special mode where you press the volume+ home and power buttons and just select the rooting file then it's done. I tried to download the rooting zip file from the phone but I can't do it on the smarphone.

What to do now? Should I use some Windows or Android software that allows me to reach into the phone's microsd storage? Does such a thing exist?

Download KingRoot apk file and put it in your phone.
Install total commander on your phone,find where you placed the apk file and install it.
It will root the phone itself.
Just follow the instructions you don't have to do nothing else

okay, thank you.

Dropped my laptop last week while the charger was in. Plastic around the charger was a little damaged, but its still been functioning normally the past few days (although charger had to be in at a weird angle.
And then BOOM, today wont turn on, charge light wont appear, nothing.
Its a Toshiba satellite L-50 if that matters.

you done fucked it,either something is burned or no connected

Pic related
Small cube in the bottom left is where the charging cable slots in, it seems fine

yeah it seemed like that for a while, wouldnt charge unless the small part the charger goes into was making contact with whatever is underneath it, how ever now even with that its not working.
What could have fried exactly?

This may be very stupid, but lets go

Im using python, and whenever projects grow big enough, form some reason my autism wants me to abuse 'exec' and just read my functions from txtfiles as strings instead of importing .py files into the main project

Is this useful in any way or am i just being retarded? I don't even know why i do it, i guess that just because i can, but does it help anyway?

Phone useless as always, bottom right now is where its at.

If you smell burn then it's burned if you don't then it's just broken.
Who the fuck knows what your broke but if it's electrical it can be easily fixed.

Few things.
Charger is fucked
Charger input cable is fucked
Charging port on the laptop is fucked.
Either way you will have to go to local laptop service to check it out unless you have multimeter and free time on your hands to check yourself.

1440p ultrawide or 4k?

YOU CAN FIX IT WITH SUPERGLUE!!

h-how?

if you guys are right im going to be out at least $200 just to put it in to be checked

plz

cmon guys its nearly bed time and i need my laptop to masturbate in bed
I dont want to have to do it at the computer its freaking cold tonight
Also if i take it in to be repaired, do they power it up to check that it works or is it purely technical? They dont see my files at any point right?

200$ you get a brand new pentium quad laptop
>h-how?
First the plastic/rubber broke then the electrical connection(if burned it'll look black and it'll smell and it's completely fucked) just open it and take a look at what looks disconnected/ruptured then you might need to solder the electrical part and superglue for the plastic.

>he doesn't have a tablet or a 5' phone to jack off
it's 2016 btw

the formula is :
wattage that your build use / 0.8 = PSU Wattage.
for a i5 6600 and a RX 480 300W is the minimum.

should i use a hard drive or ssd for gayming?

I have a bunch of mp3s that were ripped from Youtube, but they are labled as 256/320 kbps. How can I differentiate them from actual rips?

SSD - loads data faster

> ripped from Youtube
eat shit

I got them years ago, i'm trying to replace them

rutracker, and get flacs

Everything looks (and smells) completely fine.
Everythings seems connected, nothing loose or damaged aside from some plastic broken from around the chargers access point (which ive removed) . The small chargers access point box feels a little loose though, perhaps that must be soldered down to the metal plate behind it? Although even holding it down to make contact with the charger in no longer yields a result.

the connection of the wires to the board is it loose?

>the connection of the wires to the board is it loose?
nope, in quite firmly actually (I cant loosen them even with a fair amount of force)

Look at the board to see if anything on it is not firmly attached, if loose solder if not idk what the fuck you could do.

They'll probably ask for the admin account's password, and they'll turn it on and log in. Most of them don't bother looking at anything, but some will. You should learn to do that stuff yourself if you want privacy. There's service manuals available for most laptops that aren't Toshiba or Apple.

You miss out on some interesting load screens when you have games on SSD. Maybe just use it for OS and games that don't have that kind of thing.

New HDD
>ticking sound (literally sounds like a clock with very consistent ticks)
>pic related
Red box, looks like it was toasted?

I see, how unfortunate
If they dont ask, they wont be bothering to go to any length to get in anyway right? I dont have anything illegal, just not socially respectable.

If the drive isn't encrypted, they could mount it with GNU/Linux and see its contents. They're not going to log into Windows without the password. I think all that can be done easily anymore is blank the password and they wouldn't do that without your permission. They'll probably ask for a password so they can test that it's working. You could make a new admin account for that if it's currently functional enough.

What needs fixing?

You will be wasting money.
-3 seconds on loading times doesnt change a thing.
Memes are one thing real world is another.

Can I put a 2.5" HDD on a 3.5" bracket without mounting? Meaning, I will just plop it onto the cage without securing it by any means.

You can, but should you?
Use tape to secure it.

anybody?

Depends on the bracket.
Is it on a laptop or desktop?
If desktop post case and bracket.

3 seconds is a huge difference in some games, like Source Engine.

For what purpose?

Internet play?
You are delusional if so.

Source Engine games with larger levels completely pause to load in the middle of gameplay.

Well I'm out now but the case is a Sharkoon T28.

Something stopping it from charging/powering on, though I'm reasonably sure it's the box that the charger plugs into.
It doesn't smell but there is a small white mark on it, see pic related
This may mean it's burnt out I assume?

>not streaming levels
>not making players immune while loading

stop playing shitty games.

What graphical preset would I need to apply to run gamyz at 4K with a 1070 while maintaining 60fps?
Titles like Overwatch and upcoming titles as BF1 and Titanfall

Usually problems like that are solved with loading spaces where you shouldn mind like in portal 2 in elevators and such.
That is still not a reason to dump $200 on a 200GB SSD for few games that you may or may not find fun or play.

Dell?

installing a php program onto my ubuntu 14.04 server.

once the program is on the server, how would i then access a file in its directory and run it?

>overclock GTX 770 by a little
>now it's getting less fps than before

what how why fuck

Toshibad

was meant for
mb

Bottleneck.
CPU may be too slow

you're right it's an i3

What do you think:

LGA1151 Intel® Core™ i7-6700K, 4.0GHz BOX 14nm
LGA1151 Z170 Asus Z170-K, PCIe/DDR4/SATA3/GLAN/7.1/USB 3.1
DIMM DDR4 2x8GB 2666MHz Patriot Viper 4 CL15, XMP/1.2V/PV416G266C5K
Asus SX GTX980 DC2OC 4GD5
PSU 630W Thermaltake Smart SE SPS-630M Modular 87%ef, 14cm/SPS-630MPCBEU
Fractal Design R5, Modular/tool-free/dust-free/FD-CA-DEF-R5-BK
Samsung V-NAND 950 Pro M.2 MZ-V5P256BW
SATA3 7200 1TB WD Blue WD10EZEX, 64MB
24" Dell E2416H LED, 1920x1080 5ms VGA DisplayPorts

Monitor is only for support work, i have already one

you need a webserver that can serve php files.
you can use phps integrated one temporarily though
go into your the directory where your files are and run php -S localhost:8080
then use any browser and go to localhost:8080

Can you post stress test like furmak with caps of the gpu usage (afterburner does the job for monitorig) and task meganer for cpu load.
If cpu is hitting 100% under load and GPU is under 100% load constantly you know its the cpu slowing you down.

If this is the case in the picture than the onces i circled should be places for mounting,screws come with the case so find those.

I have a windows 10 tablet and am trying to play visual novels on it, but the one I'm playing doesn't register the touching(danganronpa). What's a good program to create small icons for keyboard shortcuts to play it

Need a cheap, low power server to host a quickbooks file for multiple clients. Any recommendations?

What is a botnet

Stop playing visual novels.

Not to be asshole but.
>i7 when Zen is around the corner
>wasting i7 for games when i5 is more than enough
>16GB ram meme that nobody EVER uses
>980GTX when AMD had RX480 that are faster for less money
>SSD for games
You are leaking money on stuff you wont need.
Dont fall for teenagers wanting the best on the internet.

People who do more than play with childrens' toys can regularly use more than sixteen jee bees.

It's not for gayming, it's for game development/ 3dmodeling/animation

I can't wait for new cpu/gpu, it's pretty urgent

not him, but a lot of games support more than 4 threads already. I don't know how good hyperthreading works on them, but I'm hitting 100% on all cores quite often on my i5.
also SSDs are extremely worthwhile, especially when you are playing games with a lot of level loading.
I personally don't have HDDs anymore at all.

Its up to you than how fast you want shit to get done and depends on the budget.
I would still go with AMD cpu on this matter because they are cheaper and for work they perform the same if not better.

If it was up to me, i would wait for rx480 but the guy who i'm making this rig for literally called me yesterday and said he needs it for Monday, i can't even choose the store or order parts online

My main concern is how i will make this 950pro work with z170k, it seems people are having problems with it, it works but it needs some tweaking....and i REALLY wanted to just give 50$ to some local kid to build and install Wins on all 10 rigs by himself. I'd really hate if i had to tweak fucknig SSDs on all 10 pcs

Can I control two motors (both should have encoders) with a raspberry pi 1 model B ?

On mpc hc is it possible to automatically select japs as the language and enable subs by default?

>raspberry pi
GTFO reddit

I want to watch an online hosted video through mpc-hc. how do I do this?

I already have the video from the page.

107.155.78.122/~saiyanwatch2/Dragon Ball Z/001.m4v

I am on windows btw