ITT we discuss the best programming fonts

ITT we discuss the best programming fonts.

I'll start:
PragmataPro.

That font literally gave me eyecancer. If you don't use monospace, you're not a coder, you're just a pleb. Let me guess, you're a node.js faggot

That's a monospaced font family, baka.

Pragmata is monospace, it's just ugly as fuck. I went through a phase of liking it but grew out of it, and now my parents are talking to me again.

Ubuntu Mono is the one I keep coming back to, after years of searching. Preferably bold.

the green hackery one

>Pragmata Pro
>Fira Sans Mono/Code
>Consolas
>Iosevka
>Mononoki
>Monoid if you have a high enough resolution screen

DejaV Sans Mono

FIXEDSYS

Menlo

As long as I can differentiate letters such as "I" and "l" as well as easily read the font is good enough for me to program in. Everything else is just meaningless aesthetics.

/thread

>Everything else is just meaningless aesthetics
>not wanting to differentiate "0" and "O"

Anonymous pro, got no pic but that shits comfy af

Ehh Anonymous Pro is a fatty boom batty font. I prefer PT Mono, looks very similar but isn't quite as wide.

>letters such as
>such as
>comprehension

based inconsolata. I used a patched version of Hack now.

Rosewood.

fuck off

shit nigga my eyes

comfy enough for me -- I work 40 hours a week just like this

>work
kek

you work with a transparent terminal?
How can you read what you're doing ?

I'm sorry that you don't have a job user-kun, you'll find one soon

Why do you do this? If you're going to make your terminal transparent at least up the opacity a bit

I set the opacity up much further at work, also my job gives me thunderbolts to work off of, I haven't had an issue so far

Why can't someone make a font that isn't so damn tall? I want to fit lots of rows on the screen, not lots of columns. That's why OP's font is shit. Inconsolata size 10 is the only thing that even does this at all.

Well you see the picture of my dog in the background? He was only just put down, so I need to make it just transparent enough to see him, but not so transparent that I see him too much and start crying again.

>Rosewood

this

Why the fuck do you convert still images to webm?

Input Mono (Narrow Regular) is the best programming font, bar none.

>text colour nearly the same as background colour
>sprinkled with #FFFFFF
y tho

Iosevka all the way

no desu senpai

What would you recommend instead?

This one

Sue me

files can be made smaller.

I'm that cunt who loves Ubuntu Mono from a few posts back.

I just tried a few of the fonts anons have suggested in this thread. None of them compare. For me. But I'm mentally challenged.

It's annoying, stop it. Nobody cares for a few KB.

What? We don't need to discuss fonts. Looks like you just got into programming. Monospace is well stablished for us.

I'm not doing it. I'm just stating why others do it. I think there was a bot doing it for a while.

No need to be so negative, man. People like different things. If you like ubuntu mono, use ubuntu mono

>files can be made smaller.
So drawing a video player on your browser to play still images makes it better? Just because you shave a few kilobytes off it? Are you that fucking stupid?

I never said it was better, it just makes it fucking smaller. Reading comprehension you little faggot.

GohuFont 11px master race coming through.

>i never said it was better
If it's not better, than why make the effort to make it smaller?

I've used DejaVu Sans Mono for years. It seems fine.

Because autism. I dunno, ask the dumbass that made the bot.

Never understood why people do that to themselves. It's barely readable and the bold font fails to properly display a fucking m. Hell, there's even lots and lots of empty space in that image, you could just use a larger font without actually changing a thing. Still, you cramp everything together like you are lacking space (1px line breaks why)

If the font was bigger I would lose vertical space, I do not want that, I'm not concerned about horizontal space.

I recently upgraded to a bigger resolution, I should be using 3 columns instead of two but I have to fix a bug in the disposition of the vertical lines between vim and screen, by default they do not align and it rustles my autism too much.

Agree the bold version is pretty ugly, that's why I use it sparingly.

Other than that I find it perfectly readable.

this is much better
nice meme

And you need all that vertical space because?

More lines of code visible at a time, especially useful when browsing code you didn't write yourself.

Not worth it imo. I prefer a setup that's easier on the eyes over having a few extra lines on display.

Different strokes for different folks. To me it's perfectly readable on this screen, took me a little while to adapt but I don't have any issues reading.

Otherwise I'd change font already, but then I'm picky because I hate antialiased fonts.

>I never said it was better
I asked why and you replied with a stupid argument. If your stupid argument is not """"better"""", why reply in the first place?

>not browsing with ISDN or slower

Monaco.

Wanna try posting something coherent, instead of something that reminds me of a screaming child?
You are the one bent on insulting someone who explained why Sup Forums is converting images to webm. I never said that the conversion should be done, or that it is a net improvement, I just fucking stated why some dipshit(s) are doing it. I'm not arguing shit.
Now go ask mommy to put a cold rag on your neck to calm you down.

Those asymmetric braces trigger my autism.

Wtf mod deleted my thread... But WebM isn't holding up against Gif in transparent animation.

WebM bigger

>yfw gif is smaller than webm

WEBMFAGS BTFO

The Webm is noticeably smoother with less aliasing

i made the webM from the Gif layers.. so maybe it's not a fair fight

vt323.
Actually it's readability is terrible, but it's pretty. Actually, it's not even that pretty.

This is Sup Forums. Neets trying convince themselves they are better than you every opportunity they get.