Torrent business is fucked up

I mean, there is no proper client on the market.
qBittorrent
> does not have proper force resume. it should ignore _all_ rules in settings, thus allowing you to seed torrents you want to seed
> cannot load existing torrents unless I disable "incomplete folder" each time

Deluge
> no labels
> stupid 0.5 share ratio enforced

Transmission
> no auth SOCKS5

Vuze
> all ogre. azureus, the client we loved is all gone.

uTorrent latest w/ 5$ ad-free license
> client breaks by auto update
> each version is more broken
> label feature is broken, have to use web UI to set "append label" to downloads, and this feature will be removed too

The working ones:
> uTorrent 3.2.3
Got latest uTP, working labels, stable
> uTorrent 2.2.1
Initial uTP support, stable
> uTorrent 1.6.1
Rock solid, no uTP

It's weird how we had a working client 5-7 years ago, and even current ones lack basic features.
It's crazy.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/13
twitter.com/AnonBabble

are you fucking brain dead OP? your qBT and Deluge "issues" are user errors

>no proper client
>doesn't talk about rtorrent
obvious bait is obvious

> stupid 0.5 share ratio enforced
I use Deluge and I've never needed to keep a 0.5 share ratio. I don't know what you're talking about.

Same. Idk wtf op is on about

How so?
> force
How do you fix the rule thing? Modify source, patch it every time?
> existing
Again, patch source?

Word.

rtorrent is "good" if you have no other choice, or if you are looking for a cheap seed server. compared to even 1.6 it's a gimped piece of fuck.

> go to settings
> set share limit minimum 0.0
> it pops to 0.5
You can patch the source though, there is a patch in forums, not sure if it still applies + compiles today though.

> go to settings
> set share limit minimum 0.0
> it pops to 0.5
I've never touched those settings and it's literally never stopped me downloading anything, ever. You're nuts.

Nigga what the fuck are you doing on Sup Forums?
Here is some spoon-feeding for you, my little special one.

> download x client, such as uTorrent
> set share ratio to 0.0
> set auto stop to 0
> use force start to seed torrents you wanna seed
> now you stop everything that you don't want to seed.

Use Case #1
Torrent has 40.000+ seeders.
You don't matter, so why seed it?

Use Case #2
You are on a limited internet connection.
Want to download, but have no data to waste.
This is how you do it.

> b-b-but just limit the upload speed to 5kbps
Not a bad solution, but then you don't seed any of your torrents, back to square 1.

I'm not retarded so I just stop my torrents when they finish, hey.

Why dont you make one then op?

deluge is retarded for enforcing 0.5 ratio, especially when most of the stuff i use is free leach and my upload speed is less than 1/10 my dl.

this guy gets it

>uTP
Sucks anyway.
Does 1.6.1 have dht +sequential support?

so you suggest putting something on download and then waiting by your computer until it's done so you can stop the seeding?

DHT yes, sequential... I don't think so.
But be aware newer uTorrents from 3.3 find like 700-1100 DHT nodes.
Below that, only ~310.

Fuck if I know how that works. And beats me if it matters.

>No download in sequential order
Dropped

>Deluge no labels
>Label plugin
Plugins mate, that 's what makes Deluge great.

>stupid 0.5 share ratio
Never had that on my (fairly) recent version.

>Plugins mate
Shit son, you are right.
I used them once when I had a dedicated box running and for some reason rtorrent was out of question.

> 0.5
See above, its an enforced setting basically.

If my 3.2.3 fucks up I will try Deluge again.
To be honest the Windows version is a bit wonky though.

>not having terabytes of backlog

What are you trying to imply

>Vuze
>>all ogre. azureus, the client we loved is all gone.

Except it's still there, supporting uTP and mainline DHT. You can either disable the unnecessary plugins yourself or just use the Gentoo ebuild which removes the cancer for you.

>CLOCKUP

mah nigga

OP forgot to include the stalling issues qBittorrent has had for years.

>qBittorrent
choose which files to download
downloads what you didn't choose partially

thanks.

>compared to even 1.6 it's a gimped piece of fuck.

Nah, rtorrent is god tier

>qbittorrent is bad
It's free software, you can fork it and fix it yourself
>deluge is bad
>transmission is bad

Holy shit is OP a retard

ain't nobody gotta time fo do that

if you have fix it for us :^)

>0 seeds
>"waaaaahh why is it stalled"

Niggah computers can still be used when torrenting i see qBittorrent pop up and delete the torrent from the client big whoop fucking seeding

I just use what my seedbox service installs by default. With my current one that's rtorrent (w/ rutorrent frontend). Works fine.

qBittorrent doesn't have multiple labels feature
vote for it here

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/13

The issue is 4 years old, more votes more visibility, also comment.

I will check. I tried it all the time like after a year break, but it always had the same Azureus feature set.

I mean who uses Vuze? Who are they trying to appeal to?

Never had this myself but I heard about this.
It's like the I/O error in uTorrent when people had their DL directory in weird places.

It is, but only if you are a server owner and want to deploy it for 100 clients. It's comfy then.

Multi-label is the biggest cancer uTorrent received in the recent years. It's so fucking annoying that I want to rename a label (because capital letters, mistype), and it takes like 5-10 clicks instead of 2-3.

No issues here with my rTorrent with ruTorrent on top of it :^)

If you are OP I can see why people are calling you retarded, multiple labels are required for advanced searching for torrents by tracker,seed or leech,file type,etc.
If you try to combine tracker and file types, labels will increase exponentially, I'm not going to explain here because it's spammy.

As it is the top #5 most commented issue in the qB repo, either it's a **needed** feature by **power users** (i doubt you are a power user) or people really hate it.

Picotorrent

>I mean who uses Vuze? Who are they trying to appeal to?

If you mean the new default interface, no idea. Just switch to Classic UI and set User Proficiency to Advanced, and it's the same old Azureus it ever was.

Don't know, I am just saying that it's a feature that's really hard to implement properly. As you can see with uTorrent, it's a usability hell.

Let's make it optional? Another bloat of code added on top, that will be used by maybe 0.5% of the users.

I mean come on now.
Even now the client has waaaay too many features that are impossible to keep updated/fixed all the time.

Like see what I said, both the force resume is and incomplete are fucked up, because a few users thought it's a good idea to have these features THIS way.

Of course all the other clients do it THAT way, but you know, fuck that, we will just do it THIS way.
Literally why?

If I wanted to be so different because I am such a special snowflake, I would use BSD or Gentoo for fuck's sake.

I used bittorrent, zero problems with torrents but people on 4chans said it sucks so I tried qbittorrent and deluge
Both were fucking shit, all the time some problem and nuisance, torrents not load, slow bad ui.
Back to bittorrent and everythings fine again.

Tixati

Came here to say this, exactly.
Tixati is the best torrent client hands down. Everything else tastes like piss.

The point is if you're not in front of the computer the whole time, and you're not there to stop it when it finishes.

> torrent client
> proprietary
> by a ponyfag

I mean, what could go wrong?
It's not like you are asking to get fucked in the ass, you are just spreading your cheeks all lubed up.

OP, are you autistic? How many hours per day do you spend with your torrent client open?

221 has sequetial

>Plugins mate
>needs plugins to do what ut 221 does
wew

picoshit

The answer to that should always be "24."

> He don't use rtorrent

Kill yourself OP

It's called mutorrent not utorrent you fucking retard

2.2.1 is a good option but may contain exploits that were patched in later versions of uTorrent.

I just use uTorrent 3.4.7 with auto-updates turned off, all ads disabled (Pimp my utorrent + some preferences tweaks). Seems to work great and it hasn't undone any changes, so I'm sticking with it.