If Computer Science is a meme, what qualifications aren't?

If Computer Science is a meme, what qualifications aren't?

it is not a meme

women's studies

It's not.
>believing what you read on Sup Forums
Get a grip buddy.
However it is true that studying physics or even math will give you skills that allow you to pick up CS fairly easily, while the opposite is less true.

>Sup Forums says CS is a meme

is pajeet's number one choice

CS is pretty elitist were I live, actually maths is the real meme degree. I don't understand how someone can study an ancillary discipline, maths is just a tool for real science.

Native tribal studies

Also depends on what specialization you choose.
If you spend 5 years getting a degree while specializing in OOP/corporate dev and project management then congratulation, you are on the same level as 100 million pajeets ready to accept a fifth of your salary for the same job.
You should get into either a pretty technical field like embedded systems or niche stuff like finance informatics or something.
Then again the best of both worlds is probably a joint degree with math/CS, so you can get into cryptography and security.

Math, physics, engineering.

Well, math for math's sake is fine if you're absolute top of your class and don't care about anything else. Being an average math researcher will get you fucking nowhere tho.

Reasoning through math problem is quite an intellectual accomplishment. Some people actually find it fun to achieve math problems, both solved and unsolved math problems.

>muh /sci/ meme degree is not a meme degree
The math degree meme is one of the oldest memes

Fun and intellectual accomplishment don't put food on the table, see >I have no idea what anyone here is talking about so I'll parrot Sup Forums memes to sound smart.
Shoo shoo

>intellectual accomplishment
Being a philosopher is also an intellectual accomplishment, it doesn't exactly guarantee you a job.

I didn't even parrot the meme, and it originated on /sci/, not Sup Forums.

You replied to my post with "The math degree meme is one of the oldest memes" which was completely off-topic considering my post didn't imply math was a meme. So yeah you just showed up to spout stale memes because you're fucking clueless. Go back to your desktop thread.

>which was completely off-topic considering my post didn't imply math was a meme
My entire point is that recommending getting a math degree IS a meme and that you, and a lot of other people on Sup Forums, are so stupid that you've actually fallen for that meme.

Well then you are even more clueless that I thought.
You're not old enough for Sup Forums, go on 9geg or something

So what? If you want a job, go study at a vocational school. University is not a vocational school.

A degree in math tells people that you are smart enough for most jobs. A degree in CS is does not tell anything.

People who get a CS degree and then proceed to send one resume for software engineering, with no github or portfolio, and don't get the job think it's a meme.
>not even finished w uni
>send one resume and call back multiple times for interview
>get infosec job with longterm employment plans

Software engineering is the meme.
Right when you get out of college anyway.

i'm going to be an actuary
call me a meme when i'm making 250k at my office in manhattan

CS is a discipline of math. A CS degree tells people that you're equally smart enough for most jobs.

>having a degree in math means you're qualified for a management position
>having a degree in math means you're qualified for a technical job
Confirmed underage b&.
Having a degree in math qualifies you for a non-technical job that involves math.
example : trader, researcher (which means less than minimum wage forever unless you're very fucking good at it).

Being a mathematician isn't the same as being an engineer. Look at the aerospace industry. The people you design rockets aren't the same people that come up with the physics concepts making said rockets possible.

I went into IS and landed an internship on an InfoSec team after my Freshman year

>paying $20k+ a year to learn java
>not a meme
WEW
E
W

This is the dumbest meme
What kind of dumbass is gonna hire a calculator

Businesses have oodles of data in this computer age. Only trained statisticians can apply statistical logic to the data and extract information from it.