Universityfag here

Universityfag here.

Going to need a laptop for my courses. Any Sup Forums approved Windows laptops or does Windows automatically disqualify it?

Needs Windows to be able to handle Word and Photoshop. Preferably 1080p display. Gaming doesn't matter.

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Dell-Inspiron-15-i5555-2866SLV-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.333089200
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Get a MacBook Pro.

Get a Mac

I got a Lenovo Edge 2.

Definitely get a Mac. You can dual boot Windows if needed.

MacBook Air

I would say Lenovo Yoga 900s, but I'm not sure it'll handle Photoshop well enough for your needs.

Hate to say it but sounds like you're a macfag. If you can't afford one you'll probably just kill yourself, which is good because that's what you should do anyway.

Okay, this is bait, but I'll bite. Why would I get a Mac specifically for Windows? Most of the cost comes not from not components, but the "Apple tax" for "R&D".

Are you planning on being any kind of developer other than a Windows application developer? If so get a Mac

Otherwise buy whatever you can get for 800-1000. Any cheaper and you're probably buying something is or will soon be outdated, any more is a waste without a specific reason to

ThinkPad x series is GOAT for engineering. Fuck what you heard.

>Richard Stallman will die in 2016

Ideapad 100s. Alternatively, /tpg/.

Bootcamp on a Mac for the times you need windows.
Or use Fusion and get a Windows and a Linux VM, depending on the software needed for classes.

You pay a Microsoft tax for the OEM that had to license your copy of Windows.

MacBooks are the best Windows laptop.

surface pro 4 obviously

get a macbook like a normal person

Get a Macbook pro, then you can get student discount too

These are shills, ignore them.
It's simple OP, are you a faggot? If yes, get a macbook, if not, get anything else.

Back to with you.

I too hate computers with excellent usability, build quality, value, and aesthetics.
Fuck Apple!

Jesus fuck all these people recommending Macs makes me want to vomit. Just buy a used Thinkpad and be happy. You won't regret it. If you want a newer laptop with similar build to a Mac, get a zenbook or xps 13. Discussion over

Great value? Get the fuck out of here shill.

>Get a Mac
>Get a MacBook Pro.
>If so get a Mac
>get a macbook like a normal person
>Get a Macbook pro
Seems the toddlers are out in full force today, dude asked for a WINDOWS laptop, not a toy meant for autistic man-children

I take it you don't value your own time.
Mine is quite valuable and I don't want to deal with a standard computer's bullshit

>microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Dell-Inspiron-15-i5555-2866SLV-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.333089200

Windows is the definitive toy for autistic man-children.

Now fuck off to .

>adhominem
Yeah. I bet it is buddy. Now fuck off

get a 1998 IBM thinkpad with a 800x600 res

If you want something cheap, Thinkpad T440s came with 1080p. Or you could do what I did and get a T440 and swap a 1080p screen from a T440s into it.

>a standard computer's bullshit
Just because you're too retarded to figure out how normal computers work doesn't mean everyone else is.

Go back to pwning scrubs on your game toy, kiddo.

You could get a Thinkpad t450s or a Toshiba Kirabook.

I miss Zune

memebook with windows in a VM

One of these two brands no longer exists.

>Think Different

Sorry that you're too retarded to not click on ads

Get a MacBook Air, OP. You will not regret it at all.

>Posted from his Windows 10 desktop

Get a MBP. Most Universities have deals for discounts.

Look for max. battery life, nice screen, weight, quality.

Just kekked myself with a $600 consumertop.
>too poor to afford better than 1366x768 resolution