/spg/ SMARTPHONE GENERAL

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>Samsung’s website seemingly suggests a normal Note 7
androidauthority.com/standard-deviation-samsungs-website-seemingly-suggests-normal-note-7-699198/

>Here’s how to fix the OnePlus 3’s shoddy RAM management
androidauthority.com/honor-5c-coming-to-europe-and-india-699129/

>Vernee Apollo Lite first Antutu score released, closing on 95.000 points
gizchina.com/2016/06/18/vernee-apollo-lite-first-antutu-score-released-closing-95-000-points/

>Doogee X5 Max Pro with MT6737 presale for $84.99
gizchina.com/2016/06/16/doogee-x5-max-pro-mt6737-presale-84-99/

>Moto Z Play With Snapdragon 625 Exposed, Might Cost $305
gizmochina.com/2016/06/16/moto-z-play-snapdragon-625-exposed-might-cost-1999-yuan/

>OnePlus 3 vs iPhone 6S Speed Comparison
youtube.com/watch?v=jRO30ujYBfA

>Oneplus 3 after XDA memory management fix
youtube.com/watch?v=1fcIZctnRjE

>Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Review : Battery x Design
youtube.com/watch?v=d3-S2MUxQAg

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones
youtube.com/watch?v=UZDDGG0ehaw
youtube.com/watch?v=HmPClgPrMNg
youtube.com/watch?v=XUGr8I0WGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=M_61lpPReng
youtube.com/watch?v=pyX2dtrVlJ0
xiaomi-mi.us/redmi-note-3/
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/development/rom-cyanogenmod-13-0-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-t3350656
en.miui.com/thread-249799-1-1.html
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.launcher&hl=en
phonearena.com/news/Deal-open-box-Samsung-Galaxy-S7-priced-at-just-430-on-eBay_id82323
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

like a redmeme 3 pro but with nfc, what options are ther

Hey, goys. I've never had a phone and don't know much about 'em. Need to get dad new phone for father's day even if it's late. He doesn't need an iPhone or a comparatively expensive phone. What's the equivalent of the moto/g/ from a year and a half ago? Or the defacto budjet phone?

>wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

its literally in the op. fucking read wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

I looked at that, but don't necessarily want to get chink shit. Would you be a good little boy and tell me what the current equivalent of the old moto/g/ is?

About to go pick up a G5 from t mobile for $400 am I making a mistake?

I want to replace my Nokia 630 because WhatsApp can't send videos with WinPhone. (WinPhone a shit).

What I need:
>Dual-Sim
>mSD-card
>front and back camera
>good battery life
>Tinder
>WhatsApp

Should I take a Lenovo K3 Note or a Huawei P8 Lite? I really have no idea about phones and use them mostly for texting and navigation. Germany, Fonic, short on money, size about 5" to 6"

get a xiaomi red pro 3
but its good quality. s5 is good. waterprroof.

Whats' the best strategy to maximize mobile life?

Partial discharges? Full discharges only?

Leave it on the charger as much as possible (as it doesn't use the battery then)?

Nexus 6, if it matters

short discharge cycles for lithium ion, full discharge is not so good any more
it's not a perfect science :(

At least delete those if your'e not updating the news section m8 (although barely any news on a Sunday)

>Lenovo K3 Note or a Huawei P8 Lite
No to both. tell us your budget.

Do you let your phone battery die completely first when it's new before charging it?

can anyone suggest a good phone in 300 euro range?

Why no to both? They are "better" than my Lumia 630 and it's quite responsive for my normie needs.

Top budget would be 200€.

Those methods are for old phone with old battery tech. nowadays it doesn't matter if your'e letting it die completely or charge it mid way.

But it is better to leave it at 100% on charger if you can, right? Then it doesn't draw off the battery and is effectively as if it were 'off', right?

The K3 has shit specs, and P8 lite is old as well. for 200€ there dozen better choices. e.g

OP2
Mi5
Z3+
RN3P

Etc.

I need a durable ass phone. I've tried the Galaxy S5 Active and it's plenty durable but
>Samsung
>AT&T
>Bloatware

Any suggestions?

it's taking fucking forever to transfer a few visual novels to my phone

the first few were very fast, but not it's taking like 15+ hours to transfer a 120mb folder over

I've tried restarting the phone and the pc that I'm transferring from but it still takes a long as fuck time, even over usb 3.0

phone is htc 10 btw

Blackview BV6000

youtube.com/watch?v=UZDDGG0ehaw

youtube.com/watch?v=HmPClgPrMNg

youtube.com/watch?v=XUGr8I0WGy4

youtube.com/watch?v=M_61lpPReng

youtube.com/watch?v=pyX2dtrVlJ0

How does the S7 dual sim work? It means I can only have either a sim card and microsd or 2 sims?

Sorry for being a pleb, but I don't know jack shit about how carrier networks, "bands", etc. Would this phone be able to get service from major carriers in the US?

xiaomi-mi.us/redmi-note-3/

Says it supports this:

It supports the Network:
2G: GSM 900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz; CDMA 2000: BC0
4G: FDD-LTE 1800/2100/2600MHz

What's a good OS I can install on my Nexus 5?

Read the OP:

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

And no, Redmi's lack most American carrier compatibility.

Answer is in OP.

Tell me 1 (one) reason why I should upgrade from S4 to S7.

Is that "L Speed" app placebo or does it actually work?

If you have money to waste, why not?

although I'd recommend a sony phone if you do plan on upgrading

Just about everyone in the last thread said current sony is shit though

Oh...

I just got home..

Why is Sony bad nowadays?

I'm not a fanboy but I upgraded from S to S4. I'd like to keep the chain going because autism but I'm having a hard time thinking of reasons to upgrade.

Poor build quality, bad cameras, bad specs for the prices they charge, removing features for no reason, slow updates, going backwards with design on X series.

he said at&t that thing gets no coverage in the states

actually it gets 3g but not 4g lte. Is it worth getting a phone that doesnt have 4g support?

any phone that is better than RN3P?

>tfw can download any album I want from google play music directly from google's servers
the best $5 I have spent ever.

Who makes the best extended batteries? I need one for my s4

Zero lemon i guess

Do you recommend IQ shield for my S7 (not edge?) I was wondering if I should get the case friendly or just the full one

convince me not to get the OP3 next week guys

The battery is shit.

there is literally no reason not to buy one if you're in the market for a flagship-tier sd820 phone

I can't think of a flaw other than the shoddy ram management I've been reading about. That could be fixed with a software update though.

I wish you could build your own phone.
I would remove cameras to reduce the price.

is there a 5-inch equivalent of the redmi note 3 pro?

Yeah it's a shame that those chinkphones don't have all the American bands. I wouldn't get a phone that doesn't support 4G, it also lacks one of the 3G bands so you might no have reception at all.

The screen is awful. Like, seriously bad.

damn shame the specs on that bv6000 are ridiculous for the price. Can't find a phone with an sd and good battery for anywhere near the price. Smartphone market is so disappointing and overpriced.

Nope. Redmi 3 is 5" but with gimped SoC. Mi4c is SD808 but no SD card and smaller battery.

damn shame the specs on that bv6000 are ridiculous for the price. Can't find a phone with an sd and good battery for anywhere near the price. Smartphone market is so disappointing and overpriced

>damn shame the specs on that bv6000 are ridiculous for the price. Can't find a phone with an sd and good battery for anywhere near the price. Smartphone market is so disappointing and overpriced

>OP2: 350€
>Mi5: 479€
>Z3+: 289€
>RN3P: 179€

That's german prices.

Can anyone explain rooting to me?

>have galaxy S4 running 5.1
>want to learn how to root and want to learn how to root, change themes (like removing the clock from the notification bar)
>don't know what I'm doing

It seems like a lot of work desu and I'm not sure I understand a lot of the terminology.

Reported :^)

Sorry didn't mention budget last time.

Part of the consideration of the Nexus 5x is the price. Looking to stay under 400. I'm flexible though and if I have to go used I don't mind.

Honestly I'm not looking for a monster of a phone. Kind looking for just the opposite. My experiences with the Galaxy S5 and LG G3 which were powerful for their time was shit. High power and over sized resolution leading to bad battery and too much heat for a phone.

I just miss my Nexus 4. It ran so smoothly and everything on it was so good except the battery, but at least it was upfront about that. And its screen didn't drain so much battery that you couldn't charge it with a battery pack on the go.

Cool :^)

Well, you can always order from China and hope customs don't catch it. anyway, the RN3P is in your range and it's the best choice either way IMHO.

It's miles better than those Lenovo and Huawei models and every parameter.

Smartphone market is disappointing if you don't want to waste 700$ on a fucking phone or are an iFag.
But yeah, let's all buy that nice and new consumer device that won't give you a SoT over 3h, good goy.
Get you retarded fuck.

in* every parameter.

I'll read some reviews and place an order this evening. Thank you, honorable senpai, for your advice.

It's a great device, you won't regret it. make sure it's the Pro version (SD650) and 3GB RAM.

is there a way I can flash stock android on this? It would literally be the best

Any good chinkphones with front facing speakers?
I was looking at the recommended list in OP but none of those have it.

Considering buying my own S5.
Can you just disable / uninstall the bloatware or is it stuck on 5ever

Yes. there's both an AOSP and CM13 roms available for it.

Smartphone market is disappointing if you don't want to waste 700$ on a fucking phone or are an iFag.
But yeah, let's all buy that nice and new consumer device that won't give you a SoT over 3h, good goy.
Get you retarded fuck.

Do note however that you need to unlock the booloader, flash TWRP and developer rom, and then you can flash whatever rom you want.

forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/development/rom-cyanogenmod-13-0-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-t3350656

en.miui.com/thread-249799-1-1.html

You can disable it.

Disabling worked on mine. Removal caused some crashing. Version could influence this. Overall though it was a shit phone outside of having a nice vivid screen.

>tfw no RN3P on my local store
>only RN3 and Redmeme 3 available
what should I get lads?

Can you elaborate on that? I heard the OP2 screen was bad. Are you referring to the 1080p AMOLED screen?>DASH Charging

Waffles topped with strawberries and whipped cream.

Yes, it's very bad. Benchmarks show its extremely inaccurate and badly calibrated.

"Dash charge" only works with the approved charger and only on the stock rom.

Got a Moto Z Force w/ moto mods to review.
AMA

so i just got a galaxy s7 edge, been setting it up for a few days

im trying to get the google now widget to work since it looks like it would be amazing

however all it ever shows no matter what i do in the now app itself, and no matter how big i make it, it only shows the weather and "more cards"

>DASH Charging
>only works with DashCharge™ OnePlus™ DashCharger™
>only works with stock rom
No thanks.

ooooooh that dash part got me
Idk about the display though
I'll look more into those

RN3 is still better than R3.

Update the google app.

its fully updated according tot he play store

i tried signing out of google and resigning in as well

uninstalling it and reinstalling

What do you want? The widget bar with "ok google" thing?

All it shows me is the weather also.

Download this:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.launcher&hl=en

Not sure if this is the right place, I mostly hang around /o/ but I need a new phone very soon, price point around $300, I would like at least a 1080p screen, and a processor/gpu that can keep up with that. Any recommendations? I have T-Mobile

Still don't know how the 6s is better than the S7 edge. The battery is LITERALLY half the size. Some kind of bullshit going on here.

Oneplus 2 (SD810, but Oxygen OS is similar to stock android) or Le Max 2 X820 (SD820 but OS is Chinese clusterfuck).

Still waiting.

Can anyone suggest me a phone that:
>works with my carrier (US, Sprint)
>can be rooted, and have unlocked bootloader
>custom rom support
>2GB or more ram
>at least 16GB storage
>at least 5 hour battery life
thanks!

i know about the launcher, i am wanting the widget to show me bits of the cards like it shows in the preview, news/trip/ etc not just the weather. its supposed to show stuff from each of the app's cards

Le max 2 seems like shit compared to chink phones and the one plus 2, why one plus 2 over mi 5?

>Le max 2 seems like shit compared to chink phones and the one plus 2
How is it shit when it has better SoC and more RAM? lol.

He said budget his is $300. Mi5 is $350.

my bad I flipped oneplus and le max, point still stands though, why le max over mi 5?

What phone would you recommend with good custom rom support under $300? My Moto Sup Forums fell and the screen broke so I think it's time to get a new phone

that was me, I'm retarded, also budget around $300, so 350 is reasonable, even $400 if it was a solid phone that would last a while. Had a blu life pure before this.

phonearena.com/news/Deal-open-box-Samsung-Galaxy-S7-priced-at-just-430-on-eBay_id82323
Waddya fink Sup Forums

>why le max over mi 5?
Well, it's cheaper. other than that I'd pick the Mi5 over it as well. it has less bloat and Xiaomi is a better brand IMO. for $400 you can get a Mi5 or Oneplus 3. people itt clearly have strong opinions about the OP3 so please read about it before.

Don't have a phone with me right now but IIRC the cards it shows you you can change somewhere in the google now settings.

when are the next nexus phones being released/announced?

Shit good call, Oneplus 3 seems like a decent competitor, Which one do you think would be more reliable, better value?

Axon 7 is coming out soon, apparently has some of the best speakers.
$450 though