IT'S OVER, NVIDIA IS FINISHED!!!

IT'S OVER, NVIDIA IS FINISHED!!!
150w rx480 destroying GTX1080!!!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

source, breh.

It's in the image you fucking retard

No 480 is gonna beat this spicy goodness :^)

OH SHIT NVIDIOTS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

Url retard

off the charts!!!!

>150w
>with that oc

Are you serious?

OP is obviously trolling, but the 480 does have enough head room to OC to 1500mhz

Or maybe they sent binned cards to reviewers like they did with the 390x?

I'm not saying they're lying, but I'm also a little skeptical since my gtx670 was supposed to oc pretty good for the time, but I only got a 70mhz overclock with insane voltages, it would get artifacts on anything higher.

and my 670 gets +150Mhz on the stock cooler with no extra voltage.
It's all about how lucky you get.

Polaris 10 is only 232mm^2, it's an extremely high yield mainstream chip, there's no reason to think the majority of Rx480s won't be able to do this

It's better to just wait and see

That's pretty much the point I was trying to make. There's no guarantee that every 480 will oc that high

That cannot be real. It looks like a VHS.

It looks awesome

Kek

Thanks, will buy RX480

What's the x stand for?

150w not 1500mhz

Some Korean streamer showed one running at 1607mhz

I wouldn't be surprised, word is it only uses around 110 watts under load, and probably 50w of that is memory.

Yes and some guy got the furry x to 1.5ghz.

Your point?

holy kek. i was about to get gtx 970.
saved

If you get the rx480, you'll be getting much better than gtx 1070 performance, now than 1080 possibly.

Nvidia is dead and finished.

i'm excited.
the release is the 29th June right ?

So fucking keen.

Damn can't wait to fall for the CF meme and find out the only game optimized for it is Ashes of the Singularity.

But that's not a good thing

But that is just fore gaming .
might just throw your pc away and get a console.
ATi never had good stability and desktop performance and AMD never fixed it after buying ati . i am staying with nvidia no matter if it cost more and is slower in games. the 3 AMD builds i have have a max of 730
,1,520 and 2,200 hours before they crash and need a reset. the nvidia build i have 19.544 hours. witch i only restarted it to upgrade.
AMD is far better than it used to be as it now last over a month before a crash. witch in the past they crashed 1 or 2 times every 30 days.

>throw away your 1440p 120hz desktop and play 720p 30fps console games instead

What the fuck are you smoking? My HD5870 only ever crashed when overclocking it too far.

Rx480 will also be just as good.

the x makes it sound cooler

when is the last time you restarted your pc?
i am talking about desktop stability. you could passably run a game non stop fore a year on an AMD card and never have a crash. but if you are ruining nothing but desktop programs it would most likely crash every month or 2. and on top of that run slower in a lot of desktop programs.

Why wouldn't you turn your computer off? Wtf.

How much autism did you eat today?

Have you ever actually used a computer or are you just going off the memories of that one time grandpa john let you use his beige Win98 box before locking you back in the basement?

why the f would you want to turn your pc off.
that is like unplugging your phone. you lose any contact with friends or family until you pug it back in. a pc is used fore more than just games.
i have 4 pc's 3 are on 24/7 2 i use fore severs . one i use allday fore games , 3d and video editing. the 4th is set in standby mode running on 5 watts power . witch is set to power on if i lose connection with my cable modem. witch autodial and cornets with 56k modem.

Ok, I laughed. This is great.

Repostan:
I want Polaris to succeed, but let's not kid ourselves. It will probably be better than the lower high end from last generation and that's about it. Having a card that can OC and deprecate the entire GPU lineup for $200 would be incredible and they would have definitely mentioned that instead of going with more AotS bullshit. If anything, you should be excited for a fatter Polaris in Vega if they decide to release those chips without HBM2. The memory is scarce and expensive so we're looking at a very expensive card that is at least $600. If they opt to release fatter chips without HBM2, then we could maybe get a card in the $300-$600 range.

I wonder if the OC life char has been updated fore the new cards. if the car was able to truly overclock that much i would not be supersized if the life chart shows that the cards life would be cut by 80+%

Why won't you just use your phone?

You can not group chat ,video chat or share files on a phone.

You can on a smartphone

that would cost far to much . i am not fucking rich.
I already have an average use 1.4 tb ban with per month. most is with video chat. how much would that cost on a Smart phone ?

So many false flags in this thread. Also no GPU in history can magically gain 100% more performance just because you raised clock speeds by 500mHz

goddamn nvidcucks btfo,

no return

I'm still not sure if all those answers in this mocking troll thread are made by illiterate morons, desperate AMD fanboys or professional shitposters. Either way you're retarded by posting this crap.

You don't have Wi-Fi access at home? How do you use internet on your laptop?

Or do you just never leave the basement?

Ashes of the Singularity 50% off on Steam! Get it now! The most important game of the year, according to AMD.

no I have cat7 on everything.

I never leave the house . I do not live in the basement.

Get a tablet.

i seriously doubt a 480 will be that close to a 1070.
AMD was publishing the furyX as 20% faster than the 980ti and it wasn't.

They are awesome

No they weren't, the rumor mills were

I can't have something this spooky in my pc.

Nvidiots are so used to paid shills they'll assume anyone saying anything good about a GPU is a paid shill. You know, 'Thieves think everyone steals.' and all that.

Shut up poorfag

Please highlight the URL in the image. I don't see a fucking URL.

He cant as its fake.

Jealous.

I'm going to pick one up when third party coolers get more popular and possibly prices drop.

Hopefully that's less than a month.

don't give a shit about Nvdia vs AMD
I just get the better card for the better price

This.

With current trends, if I want a high end card and have a bit of cash to blow on it, I'll get Nvidia.

If I want a midrange card for cheaper, AMD.

with current trends if you want a high end card you wait for vega in january and get a card that completely blows every nvidia offering the fuck out

Isn't Big Pascal coming then also?

>just wait 7 months!

NVIDIA NIGGERS, go stick dem """""video cards"""""""" in your arses

It doesn't count if it only beats maxwell.

To stop confusing naming schemes

>Big Pascal
>Nothing but Maxwell rebrand at 16 nm
>GDDR5X instead of HBM memory

>Vega
>Improved GCN architecture with 30% higher IPC
>HBM2 memory

Who cares about big Pascal? lol

>maxwell rebrand
>still better than anything else being released

Is that how bad AMD is now?

I though Big Pascal is going to have HBM2?

LOL. Nvidiots really are stupid.

Polaris 10 gets at least 80% of a GTX 1070's performance at 2/3 the die size and power consumption.

>Nvidia's Fermi refresh
>Better than AMD anything

ROFLMAO.

Who cares about die size and power consumption?

>80% gtx 1070
Got any benchmarks for that?
Games please, no artificial benchmarks like the op.

>2/3 the die size and power consumption
If it's not going into a laptop, we've reached the point where power consumption doesn't matter anymore.

Not that you're right though.

>fermi refresh
What?

>ROFLMAO
Are you 12?

I've been looking for this picture for the past 2 weeks. Finally someone has posted it.

They went to RX from R9.

Why not R10480?

That's a bigger number than 1080, which means it's better

Or better, R1440, or R4K

Why is the AMD naming scheme so difficult?
>HD7970
>r9 290x
>fury X
>rx 490x

There's a reason Nvidia sells more.
>GTX780
>GTX780 ti
>GTX980
>GTX980 ti
>GTX1080

They're not good at marketing.

but 4k is 4000

aye i dont even know how many cards are released since my last upgrade cause of this retarded naming scheme

>What?
low availability due to low yields, buddy
1.7%, friendo

That doesn't make it a fermi refresh or Maxwell rebrand though.

Actually going for equivalent (rounding up when no $200 card) spots in the lineup it is

HD 7850 (priced $249 at launch)
R9 270X
R9 380
RX 480

I'm guessing the switch from 9 to X is because of the die shrink.

horry shitto!

lol
i mean, yeah, sure...
whatever helps you sleep at night

he wont, if you work for nvidia all 1080s ramp up to 85c and heat up the room until you shill more.

The RX 480 has a max power usage of 150w (75w PCIe slot and 75w on the 6 pin connector). The average power usage during gaming comes in at around 95w-110w. Only apps that deliberately max out the hardware like Furmark will make it get anywhere near 150w or overclocking. Nvidia fags keep quoting 150w like that is what it will be using. The GTX 1080 uses up to 311w with 173w+ being the average. I have not found out what the 1070 uses yet.

So the gtx 1080 averages an extra 60-70% power consumption for an extra 70-80% performance when compared to the rx480?

Kek, AMDrones got rekt.

You really shouldn't when the offerings are that close together. AMD CPUs are pretty great for their price, but fuck that, get a consumer i5*k and be done with it. On the GPU side, you shouldn't be giving Nvidia any money since they are horrible for the state of gayming. If you're on Linux then I can understand, since AMD is still far behind even with AMDGPU PRO.

true i don't even know which came earlier

>you shouldn't be giving Nvidia any money since they are horrible for the state of gayming
Oh?

hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility/

>In the simplest terms AMD has created a product that runs hotter and slower than its competition's new architecture by a potentially significant margin.

IT'S OVER, AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

KYLE FUCK OFF YOU'RE AN EMBARRASSMENT

no, it's more like 70-80% more power for 70-80% more performance.

RX 480 typical draw is ~100W, 1080 is 175-180W.
AMD has consistently been better at perf/$, but they're basically just catching up in the perf/Watt metric this round after Hawaii/Tonga being pretty thirsty architectures.

did he ever address his article/asspull rumors after the first power/perf details started leaking?

So you would buy an AMD card that gets 3 fps more than the Nvidia equivalent but will crash every 10 minutes, has 0 support for applications outside of gaming, cant be used with Linux or any non-DirectX12 api, and uses 1000w of power at load, just because its cheaper?

>3 more fps

try 35, plus uses lower power, is cooler, quieter, and can oc 4x more

Kekd