Gaming laptop

>gaming laptop

Why? Why why why do these exist? Get a laptop for work and build a gaming PC. Hell, get a laptop and an Xbox. Just don't waste your money on a gaming laptop. I'm honestly convinced the only people who like them are children and teens who don't know better.

Other urls found in this thread:

nairaland.com/1953007/what-pc-game-nairaland
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>build gaming pc
>have to dismantle and take entire computer with me any time I want to play games at a friends place

No thanks, I can afford both.

>convinced the only people who like them are children and teens who don't know better

Being serious, you're probably right. I'm a casual gamer, got an Xbox One really cheap with some good games. The most gaming I do on the laptop I got for university is streaming Xbox on Win10.

Save your money, buy a laptop and build a gaming PC if you're serious about gaming. If you must play games on your back porch, just use Steam Big Picture.

>This product isn't targeted at my demographic, why does it exist!

Wow, what a unique and original opinion.
This totally deserves its own thread, not like it's become circlejerking at this point.
Go ahead OP, post some more of your unique opinions like how windlows or ask someone to install gentoo or something.

cost of electricity in hawaii is stupid expensive. Id rather have Air conditioner running then a gaming rig/heater.

A gaming laptop exists for the same reason other laptops exist. It's portable, you fuckwit.

>not being able to afford portable technology
>house gets hot upstairs in summer
>buy gaming laptop
>shitpost and game from downstairs
>remote into desktop for everything else
>house feels stuffy and it's raining
>go outside in the rain
>sit under canopy and 360 noscope nubes all day while listening to the calming rain and chopin's grand waltz brillante

Stop being poor.

>children and teens who don't know better.
Exactly. Free money, in other words.

Except it's not. It can't even play games, either.

This
I paid 4,200 for a gaming laptop last year. Worth every cent. But probably a really stupid idea for most people.
If a desktop were a viable option and I was a poorfag like most of Sup Forums, I would have bought one.
But for my situation, a gaming laptop is the right choice

>laptop is not portable
k

>accuses someone of being poor
>doesn't have air conditioning

I have a "gaming" desktop (the only gaming thing in is the GPU really) and a gaming laptop to play at work when it's dead hours.

I use both to work and play games and there are no laptops with dedicated GPUs that aren't branded as gaming.

You realise hot air rises? And not everyone lives in a one storey house?
In my country its very common to have 5 or 6 levels in a house as they are very narrow.
In our tropical climate, particularly in the wet season, very few air-cons are going to make much difference

which country are you from? living in a 6 story house sounds pretty cool

I live in a 2 story house. AC is nice, but I prefer no to waste that much electricity when I can just walk down the stairs where it's cooler. When it really gets hot and even downstairs is hot, then I'll start the AC.

Doesnt thunderbolt 3 make it possible for laptops to have external gpus?

which country are you from though
is anime popular in your country?

>travel almost every week to different cities
>carrying a desktop around would be cumbersome

Doesn't take a genius you little shit, different people live different circumstances, you have no use for it but other people do.

I only posted the second of those two but I'm in Vietnam. Maybe 1/4 of the people here live in this sort of house while the rest live in much smaller places usually either behind or above their stores.

PCIexpress cards have made it possible for years.

I'm in murikka and yes mongolian tapestry patterns are popular. Also using AC to cool down a huge $500k house costs a lot even with how cheap our electricity is.

Yes.

It wasn't really officially supported and it sure wasn't convenient because of that. It was a niche thing for a small number of enthusiasts. Thunderbolt 3 makes it really easy because there's a lot of official support/peripherals for eGPUs now.

Why does all gamer targeted shit have to look like gaymur shit with a million LEDs? Why can't there be any gaming laptops that have a minimalist design, like a regular mass market laptop but thicker to accommodate the extra cooling/gpu?

>not leaving your battlestation at a friends house so you never have to move anything and when people visit your house you don't have gaymer shit everywhere

>step1: plug in expresscard
>inconvenient

because

gaymers
are
retarded

how is this not obvious to you

HP OMEN
P

O
M
E
N

>touchpad for left-handed people
also why

Build a mini tower then. Asks if he have a monitor, or just get one of those USB powered monitors. Or heck just lug it all in your car.

But really you are a minority, most people just game at home.

Had a friend that bought one for the same reason. I tried to talk him out of it, but he bought one with a 970 anyway.

His excuse was he was at his parents house literally half the week every week. He's from some kind of broken family. I let him off the hook since it seemed like his reasoning was at least noble.

It's centered so you don't accidentally touch it while typing retard.

The most cuckold thing about it is the screen size
Fuck trying to play game on a laptop

>>step1: plug in expresscard
>ignoring all the shit on the software side
On my laptop, an eGPU would effectively disable my internal display because the external GPU would only output to an external display.

>how is this not obvious to you
Look at dedicated gaming consoles. They're very minimalist. The problem is not all gamers, just the ricers on PC (but not all PC gamers, plenty of minimalist cases exist).

>tower
Here's (You).

nope, still has tacky LEDS and a stupid ass frame

this computer literally has underbody lights user

> accidentally touch it while typing
that never happens, unless you're stupid enough to destroy your wrist by resting them on the space below your keyboard while you type

He obviously shouldn't carry all of those at one go.

Hurt durr, why do people need laptops?
Just because you never leave the confines of your anime poster covered bedroom walls, that doesn't mean the rest of us have no use for portability.
I'm pretty sure the rest of my section would be pretty unimpressed if I plugged 3 power boards into our generator just to do something my laptop con do without using any of those.
Yes, a gaming laptop that spends it's life on a desk is probably a shitty investment. But if that's the assumption you're making why not just say all laptops are shit and have no purpose? You fucking idiot

no user, you don't understand

nobody is saying "why do people need laptops"

nobody needs GAMING laptops. sure, you need to be connected and online while serving, that's great, but are you so autistic and immature that you have to play CSGO on your laptop during your free time in your bunk? I don't have respect for these people

Not sure how much time you've spent living on a hill with nothing but shit talking to get you through each day but I can tell you the banter dries up at around the 3rd month in.

ITT - Stop liking what I don't like!

Lots of people in third world countries prefer laptops for gaming because of power outages. If you can tolerate reading Nigerian English, almost everyone in this thread games on a laptop. nairaland.com/1953007/what-pc-game-nairaland

It's good if you have money and really need it. Especially if you are 3d graphics professional and travel a lot this kind of laptop can be very handy.

>Just don't waste your
Stopped reading right there. Fuck off, you nosey faggot. I'll do what I want with my money.

>Doesn't bring a charger or cooling pad
>Plays games for 40mins
>System runs out of power, fan turns off
>System temps reach 126°
>Doesn't turn back on...
My experience with a blade, don't buy one.

>so I can take it to work
>so I can take it to friend's house
>so I can take it on a plane
>so I can use it on the couch
>so 40% of my room isn't an office
>because it's all in one

anyone with decent cash to spend on a gaming laptop doesn't give a fuck about their downfalls. I was thinking of spending $1100 on a gaming laptop to bring to my friend's house. So much easier than "lol just build an Itx rig"

Don't be poor.

I bought an Alienware 13 and graphics amplifier to use while I'm at home for $900. It's awesome and I have no regrets.

what did you expect? It's a "gaming" ultrabook. How do you think they make the laptop so thin? They reduce cooling. Stupidest settlement ever.
>Hurr lets jam a shit ton of hardware into a tiny enclosure and mark it up 100% more than comparable gaming laptops from other companies.

Trash.

That picture should explain why they exist. People like to get their games with them and aren't so physically weak that the laptop needs to be paper thin to be able to carry it around. I don't have a gaming laptop but I do have a laptop and it bothers me that I can't also play games when I bring it with me. Laptop thickness has never been a problem for anyone, it's just aesthetics.

>Laptop thickness has never been a problem for anyone
When you carry it around in a backpack with a lot of other stuff, it can matter. That 1lb difference can mean a lot when you have to carry it around several hours a day on your shoulders.

Some people actually leave their house.

>1lb difference
Manlet detected.
Textbooks are 3-5lbs each already and I had no problem carrying 4 of them with me all day plus a violin back in high school.

4200? Wtf retard? What do you even do?

I'm 6'1". I'm not saying it's hard, it's just much more preferable for me to have a lighter backpack when I have to walk 40 minutes each way to college and then carry it around during the day while I'm at school. I'm not going to add extra weight to my backpack for the off chance I want to play video games outside of my room.

Are you fing kidding me? Hurr look i got 500k house. Cant even cool it though. Fucking please kill yourself

If you can get back to your desktop PC every day it doesn't matter how well your laptop runs games, but for other people who might be away for days or weeks it's different.

I can cool it easily if I want to. But why would I go all the way downstairs and turn on the AC and wait 10 minutes just for it to really start taking effect all the while wasting electricity when I can just walk downstairs and instantly be cooler at ground level?

Kill yourself. :^)

>why do these exist?
Because there are people that buy them
supply and demand nigger
economics 101

> not portable
It is if you're not a stick-thin wuss who'd get knocked over in a strong wind.

> can't play games
That's funny, I was under the impression I was playing Battlefield 4 on Ultra.

I have no space for a desktop
Also what would be best for a gaming laptop plus like a laptop for other things too

This thread is pointless.

I liked my Asus G550JK laptop, but I recently sold it for a better one. Just go like Asus mid-tier range, usually. They have always been fine for me.

Unless you're Australian, in which case, Metabox.

Definition of autism. Kys

OP is right. Got a gaming laptop, 17 inches.

It's breaking my back. Switching to a Windows tablet now.

Anyway, I no longer play games.
I don't find any appeal anymore. No new games interest me anymore.

Do you have friends with which to play the games? I've noticed even playing with two or three friends can make a bad game a lot of fun. See: League of Legends or Destiny.

Poorfags gonna poor

I bought a gaming laptop to use in the USA while I was there. Buying a computer there wasn't very practical, but I still wanted vidya.

I play saurbraten, Doom, Duke Nukem, and a few emulators on an old core2.

A portable device doesn't have a big ass screen. How odd

Helmsman, set a course for Shill-city, speed, maximum bait.

>and a stupid ass frame
what a great argument.

>anyone with decent cash to spend on a gaming laptop doesn't give a fuck about their downfalls
>I was thinking of spending $1100 on a gaming laptop
>Don't be poor
>$1100
Stop being so poor user. Poor in cash and poor in choices.

Should we take 'er through the Graphics Card Cluster, cap'n? Looooooootta bait been showin' up round those parts in recent times.

You were supposed to install Optimus if you wanted to play on the internal LCD, an advancement in tech that is distinct from the rise in Thunderbolt ports.

OP probably bought a cheap ass entry level "gaming" laptop then realize it's total shit and is now in full buyers remorse.

I own one as a desktop replacement that I also bring in my bed(I don't use my desk at all nowadays), kitchen, toilet, bathroom and obviously outside.
It has two coolers thus it doesn't throttle under furmark + cpuz stress test, but also thin and relativity light. It's enough to max out DaS 3(except blur, dof and ssao, which I hate, and max lightning that just crashes the game for me, plus I overrode anti-aliasing in Nvidia panel to x8, the default is too low, plus triple buffering). It's also surprisingly cheap. Battery is shit but enough for my use case.

Laptops with 970m are under 800€ here, I don't think it's bad if you need mobility.

The only problem with laptops is it's a pain to clean the heat sink or replace the fan.

I have the can of compressed air that I use to gently clear dust from the vents. Once a year I take it for servicing and never had any issues.

My Precision M4800 begs to differ.

>blow air into vents
>fans spins up
>generates voltage
>motherboard slowly and randomly gets fired

What would I need to run black ops 3 at 2160p 60fps+

It just werks

It really does. At least with skylake and the new technologies.

Looks fine to me

>not showing the back

The r2 series is much more minimalist now

>ayylmaoware

Not even once.

Doubt anyone gives a shit, especially taking into account that Sup Forums is one of the most retarded boards there is, regarding dumb circlejerks.
Just putting my two cents in:

I buy a new computer about once every 3 - 4 years. This new computer is pretty much always a "gaming laptop". The process I go through is check the list of mobile GPUs at notebookcheck.net, find the most powerful one (not including SLI/CF), and buy the cheapest laptop I can find that has that GPU.
Just as an example, currently the most powerful mobile GPU would be 980m (not counting the desktop 980 laptops, because they're not sold here), and the cheapest laptop I could find near me with a quick search is the G751JY.

The last few times, the new PC ended up costing me about 2000€. I know that I could buy the parts for a desktop PC of equal performance for a quarter of the price, but I like being able to move the computer when needed, with minimal effort. 2000€ every few years is not too high of a price to pay (at least for me) for that ability plus the ease-of-use (no building, saved space, etc.).

I've found that if a high-end laptop has a powerful GPU, the rest of the parts are (based on my experience) never the bottleneck. By using the method I described, I've been able to play all the latest games at highest settings with no lag (even though I don't really play games too much), and do any kind of work with ease.

Simple, easy, but a bit pricey.

I'm sure there are at least 10 thinkpad neckbeards that are going to get their panties in a bunch over this post, but computers just aren't that big of a deal for me to invest too much time/energy to them. 2k every few years, on the other hand is a relatively easy task.

I'm sorry I'm new here but what is a neck beard?

This is a shit post because it has a trash can icon. It's seems the users of this subreddit do not like your post.

> Poor people
Why? Why why why do these exist?

Stupid people are a demographic.

gaming la=best thing ever if light

I don't have problem with >gaming laptop in general, just that I broke laptops so many times I can't trust them. They are something I use when I'm away from my PC.

>Why why why do these exist?
because they are portable for people who change locations a lot

i am using my asus rog laptop right now, which runs bf4 on all ultra setings

and it's great

I'll let out a secret, if you want to game on the go, buy an APU laptop. A10 is enough to run most games at high or medium. They run pretty cool too, 65C max.
I'm just wondering why they aren't more popular

APU only goes in 15.6" budget laptops with 1366x768 monitors that look like ass, everything is cheap plastic that falls apart.
The people who buy them are normies looking for a good deal, not gamers.