What are Sup Forums thoughts on this?

What are Sup Forums thoughts on this?

freeross.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

cs.columbia.edu/~smb/UlbrichtCriminalComplaint.pdf
youtu.be/SF8gR7jAG2U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't have any thoughts on her

Can you post a tldr faggot? I don't feel like reading that gay site.

this

Guy created silk road. A site for buying and selling drugs on the Internet over Tor. He got busted.

He knew what he was getting into.

What else is there to say? Actions have consequences.

Sup Forums - political activism

how the fuck is this related to technology discussion?

life in prison is too harsh for simply running a website

It's not

Guy is a fucking idiot. don't bother freeing him, waste of resources

He didn't get busted for running a website, he got busted for buying fake passports and hiring hitmen, etc.

cs.columbia.edu/~smb/UlbrichtCriminalComplaint.pdf

>Guy created silk road
They dropped enough evidence on him at the trial as to make the rubble bounce. How the US gov't got a copy of the foreign server is certainly shady, but this isn't the internet rights hill to die on.

More importantly, why do people think using centralized, single point of failure servers for an illegal black market is a good idea?

Distribute it so it can't be taken down. There's a reason torrenting is still a thing.

Fuckin gorgeous m8

Your an idiot.

>website doesn't mention anything about this guy making money off of illegal drug sales
>just shows pictures of him looking like a normal dude and talking about how he was a boy scout

>actual quote from the website:
>"He is a man of integrity, impeccably honest and trustworthy. His word is as good as gold."

This is propaganda and should not be read.

He is a libertarian and he was trying to revolutionize. The Government don't like revolutions and the judge make sure he didn't get a fair trial.

>the judge make sure he didn't get a fair trial.
were you following the trial? the defense attorney was doing such a bad job that reporters were wondering whether Ulbricht was trying to set himself up for an appeal on the grounds that his representation was incompetent.

At least once the judge actually asked Ulbricht if he was sure about something (i forgot the details, but it was clear that the judge was worried ulbricht wasn't getting a chance to mount a competent defense).

any notion that he was railroaded is about as reasonable as saying that a homeless person setting up a tent on railroad tracks got railroaded.

youtu.be/SF8gR7jAG2U

i'm not watching this. express yourself, autist. use your words.

This is the reality right here, I don't think most of us here give a shit about illegal drugs.

Hiring a hitman is fucked up though, and he deserves prison.

> Enable drug selling
> Get jailed
> HE DINDU NUFIN HE A GUD BOI

This isn't an assisted suicide or murdering neglectful orphanage supervisors, this is about him wanting to make money and profiting off of what he knew was illegal.

Let him burn

>internet freedom
>can't even css right
If I have to look for the text on the image just to open your 'about me' page, I'm going to get a bad impression.

That's fine if you want to revolutionize but he should have known and accepted the consequences for not doing things the legal way. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.