Dell vs. Lenovo

Dell vs. Lenovo
Who makes the better mid range laptop?

neither, both uses out dated crap and sell them to you at retarded high mark ups

Sony.

but hypothetically you're being forced to purchase one, which is it?

but Sony is also an obvious offender of

I use a Dell E6230 for school. Feels good man.

They're really both about the same in terms of price/performance, it mostly comes down to little stuff like your preferred keyboard type and design (I don't like Thinkpads shadow the edgehog look/Chiclets for example) so I use a Dell.

Also Dell mostly has better support and accessories (like their very small and sexy laptop docking stations)

proud owner of both, choose whatever specific model you fancy more, you wont go wrong.

Lenovo for mid range. Dell for hire range. I have the dell xps pictured which I'd say is higher range. Full options kick the macbook pro's ass on everything but battery life and being unix.

Lenovo Ideapad 300 vs Dell Inspiron 3000

They're both shit. Get a thinkpad.

Retarded high mark ups? You can purchase a value laptop/desktop for cheaper than the cost of the parts. You need to get near the $800+ mark before you are really losing value to mark-up.

at that point, this.

> They're both shit, get a piece of shit

Mac!

My current laptop is a Dell, which I've been using for the past 4 years, and am absolutely delighted with it, would buy from Dell again.

On the other hand, for work I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon, and while it's nice in some ways, it's so gimmicky and shit in other ways and the quality feels so inconsistent.

All I can say based on my experience, if I were to buy a new laptop it would probably be a Dell.

OP said mid tier, not low tier.

No.

I'm using an HP pavilion dv2 that I've had since 2006/7. Current temp: 192F

Dell's more recent Latitudes have taken a dive in quality. The body of the latitude 7240 is so flexy that the keyboard ends up flexing the body if you type just a little too heavy handedly.

You probably want to clean the vents and put new cpu paste/pad on.