Which Trackpoint is the best?

Which Trackpoint is the best?

the one you prefer

stop being such autists about this.

the clit

Personally, I prefer the fuzzy clit. That said, they all have their ups and downs, especially depending on your hand/finger positioning when you actually use the Trackpoint. It really just comes down to preference like said.

Soft rim

this

I prefer the HP style

the one on your mom xD

funie

middle looks the best but left feels the best.

the ones that are genuine. Most of the 'Trackpoints' sold on eBay are gummy, slippery knockoff shit.

Middle one

middle one because it creates the most friction

>Trackpoint
my finger feels like its going to fucking bleed after using the left one for a long time

I personally prefer the left, but they all work fine. Anyone's opinion ITT is valid

except this guy, he's objectively wrong

play guitar pussy

>the ones that are genuine.
did old thinkpads ship with multiple options?
my thinkpad t450s just came with the one on the left

after using the trackpoint and playing guitar would you lose all feeling in your tips?

what happens when you grow a callus there or whatever happens when you play guitar

It gets callused and just becomes more resistant to feeling pain. You don't lose feeling but the skin hardens up and can take more abuse

for the love of god just plug a real mouse in the side

i've had over 200 x60s and they had all different kinds of trackpoints

You feel the same, it's not like you're cutting your tips nerves. It's the same except your finger tips are a bit rougher

>not using both at once

Just got the Thinkpad x140e. It has the left one. It has a really good tension which gives you a lot of control you just have to use it a bit. I grew up with the one in the middle in the late 90s-early 00s (friend's dad was a suit who used one for work, was actually pretty tech savvy for the time), the felt button. What I remember it's easily the most responsive.

>tfw only 4 choices for trackpoint on desktop

>IBM Model M13 (issues with large dpi screens iirc)

>TEX Yoda (expensive and meme layout)

>IBM RT3200 (only true TKL, but rubberdome)

>Those IBM/Lenovo ultranavs that are just thinkpad keyboards (non chiclet ones are really expensive)

I am planning on getting the rt3200 soon because it is the cheapest and has a middle button while M13 doesn't. If M13 had middle button I would get it, and since rt3200 is cheap I wouldn't feel like I am wasting money just for a trackpoint.

I have one, its nice on my small desk. Using a monoprice ps/2 adapter.

MIDDLE OR BUST FAGGOTS

You're ill

Ok what the fuck are these things for? Someone please tell me

man that shit is barely above the keys

0/10

You rub the nipple and you can use it like a mouse.

My clit fell off :'-(

Thats it? But why? Its much slower and odd

Gee, I dunno. Never used a ThinkPad.

Its not that slow and once you get used to using it its faster then the touchpad.

Have pic related, it's great for quickly moving the mouse when coding but I totally prefer the touchpad for browsing.

I like the left

check aliexpress

you dont even move your hands off the keyboard, so its faster to switch between keyboard and mouse. you also get used to it, and its the same as a mouse unless you play gaymes.

Dell has my clit of choice, the ones on the 6410 laptops were the best.

1 and 3 are fine, 2 is self-harm tier.

Left

pic related, soft rim

Much better than the normal soft dome, the finger just grips better and it's more comfy.

It works surprisingly well considering how stupid it looks. Overall thinkpads do live up to the meme.

>after using the left one for a long time

Real mouse sucks unless you're behind a proper desk.
Clit mouse can be used while walking around, even better than trackpad.

The one on the right is godly. The one on the left is okay. The one in the middle is pure shit.

It's an alternative to the trackpad and about as good.
Some prefer trackpad, some prefer trackpoint.
A mouse is much better than either, but not always practical on the move.

One advantage of the trackpoint is not having to move your hand between typing.
I personally also love scrolling with the trackpoint.

left

btw does anyone not use the trackpoint at maximum speed/sensitivity? I can't even imagine

D630 masterrace reporting in.

The soft dome (right in op pic) is above and beyond the best

RT3200 is dope, remember not all rubber done are created equal

no