Calculator

Can we get a calculator thread going?

Anyone here have the HP Prime app on Android?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=RPN&l=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No and no.

Reported.

>Reported.

What rule?

not sure why you figured to report this thread, but announcing that you reported something is against the rules.

moreover, announcing that you're upset with a thread is incredibly autistic. just report it and quietly move on. otherwise people reply to you and bump the thread like - oh look it's happened at least twice

>tfw bought a 50g with no conceivable use
My 12C is enough and looks slicker

Why would i use HP over TI?

RPN
Not supporting a monopoly
Not having to pay the same price you would have 20 years ago for 20 year old hardware
HP doesn't try to lock you into using their shitty programming languages

>RPN
don't know what that is
>Not supporting a monopoly
I don't really care about that
>Not having to pay the same price you would have 20 years ago for 20 year old hardware
I got it for free 8 years ago. I don't really care.
>HP doesn't try to lock you into using their shitty programming languages
Why would i program a calculator

>don't know what that is
lmgtfy.com/?q=RPN&l=1
>I don't really care about that
Congrats on being a dumbass
>Why would i program a calculator
Automation

>don't know what that is
how can you say that in 2016? just google it.

Me too.
I love the RPN, but it's waay too big.
I almost want to buy the 35s, but that's another $50.
Why are all the HP calcs so damn expensive?

Reported.
Fuck off, I'm triggered.

okay, but you might get banned for all these reports.

if you need therapy, get it. autism isn't something you just need to deal with yourself.

>Anyone here have the HP Prime app on Android?

I have it. There's two big problems with it - no haptic feedback and it doesn't prevent the phone from sleeping for some goddamn reason (or at least I can't figure out how to make it not to).

But, yeah, it's a great buy for $20. We seriously should have more serious graphing calc apps for smartphones.

>Not having to pay the same price you would have 20 years ago for 20 year old hardware

Does HP not also excessively charge their hardware?

Is it programmable?
Does it have a calculus menu like the 50g?

Yes, no.

Oh, i remember it! Was it named "Kid's first calculator"? That was like the cutting edge to 5 year olds!

>triggered

I'm taking a class called Prob & Stats for Engineers. And need to get a calculator. This is from the syllabus:
>Calculator: Suggested: TI-84 (TI-83 also works). The TI-84 has statistical functions (probability distributions and statistical inference) and will save you a lot of work on exams. Explanations how to use these functions on the TI-84 will be provided in class. You should bring a calculator to every class.

Some topics:
>Descriptive statistics
>Probability
>Discrete Probability Distributions
>Continuous probability distributions
> Linear Regression

I want to get an HP 50g just because it's half the price, but would I be missing out on any functionality? Is the HP any more difficult to use than the TI?

My point was more that they're not only not selling 20 year old hardware but also not selling it at the same price they introduced it at two decades ago.