Why does everyone get this wrong?

Why does everyone get this wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

users.v-lo.krakow.pl/~mwrobel/programs/tpmiddle.html
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/TrackPoint#udev_configuration_rule
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't get it. All I see is two shit keyboards and two shit laptops.

Are you upset that people actually put their hands on keyboards rather than keeping them pristine for stock photographs?

That can't be it, because the bottom two pictures aren't stock images

is it an apple hate thread?

Keeping them pristine so that they can be featured in stock photographs, I mean.

OP is referring to the placement of the mouse, and the touchpad for laptops. He says that having the pad on the right side of the keyboard is better than the pas being dead center.

whats that have to do with the apple keyboard on bottom right? Seems identical to the first pic. mouse and keyboard general...

You got it wrong op

it seems infinitely more convenient to have the pad right underneath the keyboard on a laptop
this way switching between keyboard and mouse only requires movement of the fingers, not your whole hand
not sure how having the pad on the right is supposed to help you

even better is a trackpoint so you never have to move your hands off your keyboard ever again

/thread

that logic is simple and corerct. I just really do not like the trackpoint. I have large hands so I regularly reach below the spacebar with my thumbs to move the pointer. doesn't bother me too much. the pad on the right doesn't look bad either. idk why more laptops come with optional trackpoints, the general population could use this.

OP could have used text

The pad on the right side mandates a huge fucking laptop or a tiny fucking keyboard

That's why

WxY affects portability more than the Z axis. Thinness is done for fashion/status symbol purposes, not practicality. It stopped being practical with the unibody MBP, which represents the ideal laptop thickness 2bh fom.

it's super fucking obvious what the point OP was trying to make was, how about people stop being autistic instead

wow, i mean bottom left. apple hate and touchpad thread.

You're either using the cursor only or the keyboard only

Only acme users would ever use both at once

unless you play games

what kind of retard plays games on a laptop
what kind of retard plays gaymes over the age of 16?

Because on a decent sized laptop there isn't room for a trackpad next to the keyboard, the keyboard should go edge to edge.

>playing games
If you do that you should go back to .

props for decoding ops post
but this is the stupidest shit ive ever seen
you put the touchpad underneath the keyboard, because you're not limited to using a device that requires you to take your hand off the keyboard (mouse)
op doesn't understand that one is a mouse, and one is a fucking touchpad, and as such they have 2 different optimal positions around your keyboard.
the fact that a laptop exists that implements a touchpad, while throwing the convenience of having a touchpad out the fucking window and op endorses this nonsense makes me want to shoot myself out of a cannon and right into a brick fucking wall

You're a real idiot aren't you?

Do people actually use the trackpoint?
I mean I just got my first Thinkpad a couple of weeks ago and I just can't get used to it

Yes it's great once you get used to it. I miss that and the keyboard a lot on my new laptop.I used to just turn the trackpad off on my x301 because it was so shitty and just rely on the trackpoint.

how do you scroll

The new drivers fucked it up but you just press the middle button and scroll. Use this utility, it makes it way less painful. Middle and a direction actually just registers as a mouse scroll instead of that auto scroll bullshit. And you can still middle click.
users.v-lo.krakow.pl/~mwrobel/programs/tpmiddle.html

Thanks user, any tips regarding sensitivity? I find the trackpont somewhat slow to manage.
I tried this wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/TrackPoint#udev_configuration_rule but the rules don't seem to apply on boot, only by doing udevadm test.

im asking as a non thinkpad owner.
just curious how that would work, i still dont understand it desu
its such a small device, how tf does it have a "middle" button?
this would imply it has two other buttons right?
a left click and right click im assuming?
how does it differentiate between "move cursor to left" and "left click"

Windows problems lol

The mouse buttons are under the spacebar, not in the trackpoint

Sorry user, I stopped using a thinkpad as my main laptop for a while now. I'd ask in the thinkpad thread or on the thinkpad forum.

Here's a turkey hand drawing illustrating usage.

Yeah, they started fucking it up after win 8

i see
thanks

you know how to disable middle click? I've never used it, it's worthless to me

Try
>middle clicking on a tab
>middle clicking the tab bar
>middle clicking a link

>middle clicking the tab bar
what does this do?

also is there any way to disable middle click action on a link at least, it's super fucking annoying when I am trying to scroll and it opens some stupid post in the background instead of scrolling

>correct orientation is a touchpad beside the keyboard which mandates a fuckhueg laptop
>not a trackpoint which allows for a smaller laptop than any configuration using a touchpad
I first used a trackpoint on a Thinkpad when I was in 5th grade and have yet to see anything top it in the 12 years since.

How broken exactly is the TrackPoint driver on Windows?

Middle button should only trigger if you press it quickly (keydown, keyup). If you hold it down over ~200ms it should cancel the button action and start the scrolling mode for TrackPoint.

WHEN

How to scroll left and right?

holy shit this would be ideal

someone forward this to thinkpad

>How to scroll left and right?
same way you would on this mouse

Because it's nicer to have the keyboard centered under the monitor, plain and simple.

What laptop is that?

Is this actually an authentic Vaio ad?

You can already get scroll momentum with two fingers on the trackpad.

Today I had to deal with one of those "compact" keyboards that has shift only on the left. It drove me nuts.

yes

My HP 2710P has a keyboard like that, was god-tier to say the least.

>2016
>being a right-handed cuck
top kek
kill you'reselfs

When will we get 4:3 notebooks again?

hopefully never

Hopefully soon, probably never.

sugoi kawaii turkey, desu

what good laptops have these now days?

>any year
>being anything other than normal handed
kikes

Every Thinkpad ever.

I don't know if Latitudes still do, but they at least used to

Okay.

>what good laptops have these now days?
Thinkpad

Top left is the only correct option.

>modern ThinkPad
>good

>Thinkpad
>good
i have an x240 that's not more than a few years old and its already dying (freezes, needs to be opened to unplug internal battery to fully discharge ram, screen goes off when you try to adjust it's angle, etc).

>Top left is the only correct option.
What if I have to leave my house sometimes?

that's what I wanted to say. m9.
Being left-handed is fuggin masterrace :^)

the autism of this post is astounding

>you're not doing what I like doing so therefore it is clearly wrong

Use your phone

>phone over laptop
>correct
Wait, what?

That strange because I have a low-end L412 that's closing in on 6 years now without so much as a hitch.

You're not supposed to cum on your laptop, user.

can I cum on my x220, please?

i take pretty good care of it. All of the issues just came out of no-where, one day it was just broken.

Lenovo Thinkpads, Dell Latiudes, HP Probooks and Zbooks, Toshiba Tecras.

This would probably be very difficult to (conveniently) implement. Being a wheel, the rubber piece will have to be mounted on a metal spoke. Looking at your drawing, both sides of the wheel are occupied with buttons, which extend a couple mm down the laptop (source: my own thinkpad experience) and so this spoke would have to be mounted beneath the buttons. Then, the wheel would have to become HUGE to reach above the top, so much so that it runs into the keyboard or is just really clunky when scrolling and would still be recessed among other problems etc.

Though I agree. If there is a solution around this problem, a scroll wheel would be god tier functioning as a fully fledged input device coupled with the clit.

For now, i just tap the middle button and use the circle awkward scroll.

Any Fujitsu laptops you guys would recommend?

>How broken exactly is the TrackPoint driver on Windows?

I have a x220 and a t460s. Apparently along the way from the x220 to the current generation they switched touchpad/trackpoint software from UltraNav to Synaptics, and it is clear Synaptics does not give a single shit about the trackpoint. Here are ALL of the options available in the Synaptics control panel for the trackpoint. You can basically disable it and disable the middle click button, that's all. The trackpoint middle button option does nothing (it should change the directon of scroll but it doesn't, and updating the drivers doesn't fix it because apparently they don't think anyone uses the trackpoint)

scroll pretty much doesn't work on newer thinkpads with the trackpoint, they decided to not put any momentum and make it slow as fuck, and there is no way to change the scroll speed for trackpoint. this makes scrolling be super slow and hard to use

so in conclusion, windows driver is fucked on any thinkpad with synaptics instead of ultranav