Best RSS aggregator

So, which is the one true objectively best rss aggregator?

My vote for pic.

>Search bar and address bar seperated

>5 Oct 2009

>Implying you couldn't fix this or hide the search bar in 2009

not some fucking browser extenssion
tiny tiny rss if you want something hosted
rssowl if you want something simple
muh filtering, gotta rid all that content you dont care about and add notifications for that which you do

>not going for muh nostalgia
Why are you so against it though? Each bar having its own browsing history is quite nice.

>not some fucking browser extenssion
Why? Seems quite convenient to have your feed just one click away from your tabs.

lack of filtering, limited sorting, lack of device wide notifications (just web browser/system wide at best), can't handle nearly the level of feeds, no multidevice use, probably closed source so little customization
If you really want RSS in a web browser just run tiny tiny rss

I run tt-rss on a Debian VM, works quite nicely.

>rss for anything other than podcasts
holy shit it seems like i stepped into a fucking time machine

So far I've been using firefox built-in rss reader but recently I can't be assed to navigate between the bookmarks.
I mainly use rss for science websites (graduate student), so I intend to read pretty much everything my feed catches. No need to filter or to read on another device beside my win7 laptop, I just want it to be centralized and light.

still the easiest way to aggregate content whether it's personal interests or something a little more professional. Nothing does it better for keeping tabs on things. Why bother actually visiting sites and giving them ad monies when you can filter away all the trash and just see what you want? Saves you so much time.
I also use it to monitor prices on dozens of sites so I can always get the best deals on shit, especially when they're time limited/low stock deals.

That's actually pretty cool. Good for you.

Literally the only website I visit anymore is Sup Forums, I get all my entertainment and news and information from here. I don't mind giving japmoot ad money as long as it keeps the gravy train moving.

I've been using Netvibes for a very long time, and don't really see the point in switching. It just werks.

Sup Forums has RSS feeds as well, it's what allows me to have sub 1 minute posting times from creation in threads that interest me

I'm gonna start using this now, thanks.
Is it better to parse JSON or just use an RSS application?

>didn't read the faq

i use slick rss on chromium.
its open source, free and is really bare bones.
it has all the things oyu need. and if you include the addon url in ublock it gets you adblocking in articles too.

On mobile spaRSS.

parsing JSON would probably give faster results but RSS would just be simpler and more usable en masse for other sites

I have been a huge of RSS and Atom feeds for a long time, I have even written scripts that scrape certain websites that do not provide RSS feeds on their own (Twitter, Patreon etc.).

I also hate Cloud/Web "clients", so there are only really two good choices:

RSSOwl and QuiteRSS. RSSOwl is basically dead and bad if you have a huge amount of feeds and filters (saved searches) configured. QuiteRSS uses C++ and sqlite as the backend, so it's a bit faster but more shoddily coded. Also the filter system works differently than it did in RSSOwl.

I had to write some Python scripts that take its database and fix up certain fields for the database, sort the entries alphabetically etc. because those features are missing in the program itself.

However I am content with QuiteRSS, it runs on Linux and Windows and it seems to just work currently, eventhough it is heavy on CPU/Memory when your number of feeds is big. Unfortunately the developers seems to continually become less and less active.

Currently considering again to write my own RSS feedreader using Qt and Python.

Want one that can fetch the full article, because fuck the snippets some RSS feeds have.

I have them separated.
Now fight me.

RSSOwl for sure