CONGRATULATIONS UBUNTU

I admit I was wrong. Ubuntu is the fucking best and has done more than any other distro to make Linux easy for normal serious use.

I now truly see why Debian developers created Ubuntu.

Other urls found in this thread:

ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2016/05/install-ubuntu-tweak-in-ubuntu-16-04/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FBI uses Ubuntu

CONGRATULATIONS OP

Instead of using an OS as a "normal serious" tool you are distro hopping and doing nothing but posting stupid threads on Sup Forums.

Great blog.

Sage

Congratulations Ubuntu

BASED UBUNTU

Congratulations

CONGRATULATIONS!

Ubuntu saved Linux again. Congratulations!

US Military Acadamies using Ubuntu for Training officers in cyberwarfare

Thank you Mark Shuttleworth. Congratulations!!!

>ubuntu vm in windows 7
kek

KEK!

NASA use Ubuntu

yes yes
filtered.

>triggered

WATCH

>Running Ubuntu on a MacBook Pro

that meme died for good with the arrival of unity.

Unity is the best DE. NASA approved.

Bravo Ubuntu

Don't mac basically block the bios?

Dope

Macs use a custom EFI, not UEFI (unless they've recently changed that) which emulates a BIOS when not booting OS X

well done Ubuntu. I wish you only the best in your future endevours.

x

Congratulations Ubuntu for making my life easier.

x

>distro that ships with a ridiculous amount of generic drivers, firmware, and packages
>it jus werk!

We get it. You successfully installed Ubuntu and all of your hardware is working just fine.

oh come on. Give ubuntu the respect it deserves. This distro has had more man hours poured into it to make it usable than any other.

I'm using ubuntu for a month now and well its OK'ish but how do I clean up the mess that I got from dl'ing third party packages?

ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2016/05/install-ubuntu-tweak-in-ubuntu-16-04/

No surprises here

The FBI also wants to ban encryption

Clearly they know nothing about computers

Arch - the best.

>wearing anything but jeans and a t-shirt for work

Arch for people without real jobs

hey guys i need some assurance

i live with my mother and we each have a laptop which was running Windows 10

Somehow a trojan got into both of our PCs and the hacker had control of cursors and was writing something randomly you know typical hacker behavior

i ran antiviruses (avast, panda, avira) and the hacker seemingly lost control of my mom's laptop. it i just kept on finding trojans and trojans

so i today reset our router and clean-installed Ubuntu on my laptop and Windows 10 on my mom's (with 3 AVs and malwarebytes cause she cant use ubuntu, she barely manages to use PC at all)

what i want to know is, is Ubuntu immune/impervious/resistant to trojans? i heard android rather is.

i just want to be assured that the sneaky loser won't compromise our security again.

pls tell me what i need to do more if there is.

liking ubuntu so far. if it does provide extra security i think i wont go back

thanks

Pretty much. Trojans don't just install themselves. You or your mother did something wrong on Windows 10. I've been using Windows 10 for at least the last 6 months and I've never had any problems with it.

>Tips Fedora Workstation

thanks for answering

is there any possibility that the hacker sent the virus through our router? e.g. setting up fake DNS and prompting my mother to install trojan

if that's the case i have no idea how to secure my router. it escapes me how he could infect both my laptop and moms at the same time. thats why i thought it spread over our wi-fi network so router might be compromised