Sticker thread

sticker thread

I'm so glad that's shopped.

how lonely you must feel

yo

Im going to fucking drink bleach.

I cant do this anymore.

... It's not even a fucking Chinkpad! Enjoy Lenovo consumer line crap build quality.

Where did you get the "install gentoo" sticker?

School shooter

You can get them after you successfully install Gentoo and use it regularly for a while.

More like gay racist bigot freetard

your stickers make me cringe

nu male detected

minions/10

>stickers

can I buy a "I consent to the search of this device" sticker?

preverse psychology

Have you taken this through airport security? It may as well have a sticker that says "Search deeper, contains illegal materials".

>vaporwave
>furry
>trump
>guns
>rms

Are you me?

>remove all stickers
>remove all traces of stickers with isopropyl
tfw

>>>/tumblr/

> being able to see the back of the computer

For real, I don't understand why people so concerned about surveilance would put giant stickers identifying themselves. Thinkpads are supposed to be utilitarian enough to fade into the background, but with such garish stickers you just stick out like a sore thumb instead.

It's really just the political aspect of it, trying to voice discontent with the state of illegal mass surveillance. The way the NSA is going to surveil you more is likely through the means of analyzing information collected through their programs, not through the stickers you attach to your computer.

I do see your point, the "black business laptop" kind of doesn't seem the computer one would put lots of colorful, political stickers on.

Yeah I see that too... My route is to just avoid the botnet/tracking as much as possible and try to blend in. Then again what's the point being discreet when I carry around a GPS tracker in my pocket?

can I join? need to get more velcro for the newer ones. might just cover the whole back in velcro and freely rearrange them or rotate them out with others whenever.

If you want to blend in, the only stickers that should be on your laptop are one of those anti-theft ones that supposedly leaves a permanent mark if removed, and/or an asset control number sticker. A Thinkpad with those stickers screams "my job gave me this laptop". Then if it's encrypted it looks normal. And if someone makes you enter your password, there should be a generic looking wallpaper and desktop icons. They shouldn't search far if it looks like the encryption is there to hide company secrets.

lenovo

This is bait, right?

That would look interesting.

You could also be very clever and have your bootloader boot a different operating system partition by default, and use a different decryption key for that one. I believe it is possible to configure grub to wait for a few seconds before booting, and only show a menu if a hotkey is pressed.

TrueCrypt does this. You can have one password load a decoy OS, and enter a different password to load a hidden OS at the end of the disk.

Unlike a separate partition, you can't see that it's there when you're in the decoy OS or looking from outside.

I figured it'd look a little less tacky than stickers and being able to change them out is nice.

rate my stickers and my cat

cringe/10

The cat or the stickers

Why? Naked is beautiful. Laptop manufacturers spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to make aesthetically pleasing designs for their products, by putting on shitty meme stickers and branding it you're just shitting all over that process.

>Laptop manufacturers spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to make aesthetically pleasing designs for their products
and it still looks like shit [s]except for old thinkpads[/s]

cat:10/10
stickers: 0/10

Do you want to show off a mass produced globally marketed style that says nothing about you apart from "I can see a thing and buy it", or a style you make up that reflects who you are?

That said, laptop stickers are usually ugly and make a mess of the case when they start to peel.

>Do you want to show off a mass produced globally marketed style that says nothing about you apart from "I can see a thing and buy it", or a style you make up that reflects who you are?

You sound like a faggot

I don't do stickers much, but I do have one of some utter trash.

And you sound like the sort of normie who pays $100 for a t-shirt because it has a logo in the corner.

No, I would buy a $10 plain shirt

Kill yourself queer