Why aren't you buying the AMD rx 480 graphics card for $199?

why aren't you buying the AMD rx 480 graphics card for $199?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Render_output_unit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

but i am

>Subvendor
>ATI

Already have a 390

Not upgrading till card are 3x the power of the 390

My $60 7870 is >never obsolete

>ROPs: 32

So you're looking for the 1080, it's 100% faster in benchmarks and that means it's 3 times faster in real life since AMD never reflects benchmark scores in real life.

Look, I know this thing easily trades blows with my old gtx660, but I already upgraded that.

>shilling AYYMD

lel no it's not even 1.5x better

Seems weird, there's 36 CUs and only 32 ROPs

>he things ROPs means something in gaming

ROPs are literally the most important thing for any kind of heavy pixel work

What people dont know is that under that Polaris chip there's a secret chip that can be unlocked with official release day drivers. It will basically awake like 20 more Tflops and shit on 4k, actually some sources say it can reach ~50 fps in 8k.

Don't wait for benchmarks, preorder now it's a steal!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Render_output_unit

I just came here to shit post

Saw this coming with Fiji. The crossbar arrangement that AMD had been using on prior generation GCN cards was probably too costly to design around, so they started clipping ROP count to make it more manageable.
Though its likely they'll have an entirely new backend with this arch or the next, so who knows.

They directly correlate to pixel throughput for the GPU at a given clock.

The RX 480 rops are special though. I would say 1 RX 480 rop = 5 GTX 1080 rops.

ROPs are outside the CUs for GCN if I remember correctly.

>preorder
there's that word again

Because I'm in Europe. Here they cost 300€.

This is true, ROPs, ACE's, Geometry processors and the scheduler are outside the CUs, so is the L2

Yes, they are.
All the CU are arranged into rows, and the ROPs are between the rows.

Because the GTX 1060 will be a better value card.

>buying shit

which country is this?? I guess you dont have 25% vat like my shit tier country.

because that thing uses more power than the igpu and i dont play new games

I will desu

how the fuck do you let your government tax you 25 fucking percent on purchases? why are you not overthrowing them?

muh free health care

France

>42GPixels/s
I can come close.

>reference version

no.

20% + VAT seems to be pretty common in Europoor. I would be tempted to buy from Germany and pay the 19% VAT, but forget it, they'll just spend my money on rapefugees.

> those specs

Wew lad , good thing I'm waiting for custom gtx1080's to come in stock to upgrade from my 4+ year old 7950.

Good price though.

*forgot pic

Australia charges 7 lots of 25% tax. 100 item from the states ends up being like 560 + 4550 for boarder security to hold it for 3 days + boarder tax + commonwealth tax + federal tax + state tax + not buying austalian made goods tax + carbon tax + nation tax

>I'm waiting for custom gtx1080's to come in stock
Vega will be out by that time desu

Irrelevant really. My 780 reaches 59.6GPixel/s and well over 200GTexel/s in GPU-Z overclocked at 1241MHz, yet it still performs like shit in gaymes.

Dont think I have need for it. Its a 290x

I think your card has issues, or you do. Try turning off the 16xSSAA.

Because it can't even beat a 2 year old oc'd 970.

A 2 year old midrange card with gimped vram, and it can't even beat it

How's the noise on that thing? My MSI 7870 is pretty good -- 68C and 50% fan under Furmark, with just a slight whirring.

Thanks for the advice, random know-nothing moron!

The 780's main issue is that Nvidia completely dumped driver support for it. It performs fine in some gaymes, and like absolute trash in others. Booting up Just Cause 3 is always great fun, with massive framerate drops for no apparently reason and flickering shadows everywhere, because neither Nvidia nor the developer give a shit about fixing it. Then I can switch over to Mad Max, from the same developer (but their A team instead) and run at well over 100fps with zero drops maxed out.

I'm tired of playing the lottery of whether each new gayme will run okay or like garbage, so it's going on eBay by the end of the week.

But I do buy it. 980 performance from a $200 card is amazing.

Not him but my sapphire dual x 7950 has a tendency to get a little squeely after working for a while. Probably just needs a good cleaning though. Temps have been getting kinda high, but I think it's mostly due to the thermal paste I used drying up. If you're ever considering getting thermaltake tg-7, I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to change the paste every 4-6 months. Works fucking amazing at first, though.

>buy shit game
>blame video card