GPU Discussion Sans Shills

Let's talk about this shit like reasonable adults and intolerable Sup Forumsirgins at least attempting to impersonate reasonable adults.

When will AIB 1070s actually retail for at least only slightly above their MSRP?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=697Fzb5ircM
nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1070/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125875
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125871&cm_re=GIGABYTE_GV-N1070G1_GAMING-8GD-_-14-125-871-_-Product&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-Veeralava LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=6202798&SID=NIS_926
pcpartpicker.com/list/
pcpartpicker.com/list/4BCZ8K
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get a 1080

I don't want a 1080.

When they stop selling like crazy which, considering AMD have failed to deliver a compelling alternative, isn't going to be any time soon.

You want two 1080s

Ok, off the new GPU's here
When can i expect things like 750ti's to become sub 80$, and when would 550/560ti's become sub 50$?

im looking at zotac 550ti's or their 750ti's, which are both 60 and 100$ respectively

when it comes down to it, the most demanding game id play is probably terraria or maybe prison architect, my gt430 is holding out just fine but i want a slightly longer term card i can keep for when this one finally poops out

When will gtx680s stop costing A$300+ on eBay ffs. I want to sli.

I... want two 1080s.

not until like august

>mfw

I want you to kill yourself you degenerate weaboo pedophile

>Not knowing where you are

>posting on a Taiwanese cooking forum
>reasonable adults

In all seriousness this "AMD will BTFO Nvidia" and then "FUCKING NVIDIA SHILLS ARE LYING ABOUT AMD BENCHMARKS" stuff has been going on for at least the 4 years that I've been here and AMD has been cheap garbage every single time.

What would you expect from a board of non-developers who constantly shill for Linux? These people are idiots. Half of them just work in IT.

this fall maybe

>implying more than 25% of Sup Forums is employed

EVGA will apparently have enough stock for the card to be readily available in July. youtube.com/watch?v=697Fzb5ircM

you fucking degenerate.

>When can i expect things like 750ti's to become sub 80$
Probably soon, the RX 460 is only $100 and will probably offer better performance than the 750ti, so its price will be forced down.

Depends on what you mean by "Slightly"
I paid $430 for mine, which is $50 more than MSRP, but for that I got a custom cooler, metal backplate, factory OC, a custom PCB with improved power delivery, and meme RGB lights. That's not too bad for $50 in my opinion.
I do agree that things like the EVGA SC edition that just slap a cheap backplate and cooler on the official PCB for the same price are a bit of a rip-off though.

Keep in mind that the 900 series GPUs are 2 YEARS OLD already, and those are only semi-recently dropping their prices to the baseline MSRP for the custom cooled/clocked versions.

The 1080 definitely has better deals than the 1070 though, probably because the 1080 is in its own performance bracket right now while AIBs still have 980 Tis to sell in the 1070 performance bracket. So I guess the answer is once the 1070 is up to full production and the 980 Ti stock is either gone or on its way out we'll see prices come down.

>I paid $430 for mine
Nice.
Current prices are a little JUST though.

get a 1070 or 1080 aftermarket

amd shat the bed and the 490x wont be out for a while

>Sans Shills

nvidiots belong on Sup Forums

The 1070 performs about 20% slower than the 1080 and costs about 30% less (I used $430 for the 1070 and $620 for the 1080), so I wouldn't say the 1070 is a worse deal right now. It's still pretty good for 1440p 60fps. The 1080 is in a bit of an awkward position since its overkill for 1440p, and not good enough for 4k.

i have a 390x how am i a shill?

alot of people arnt content with their 960 or 970 980 they might as well upgrade
>Not owning both cards
faghot

brand loyalists are retards

thats what the 1080ti will be for

hopefully they put 16gb of vram on that fucker

My Asus 6850 just died, and I only play TF2 and Eve Online. I should get the RX 480, right?

MSI or Sapphire for the 480?

I don't give a solid fuck about backplates.

480 but get something with a decent aftermarket cooler

Or a 470. IDK how demanding Eve Online is, maybe you could get away with a 460.

That's... That's my fucking question.

I'm getting the 480. I'm asking which fucking brand I should get.

1060 = 470

sapphire

If you can wait for an aftermarket cooler. Just buy reputable brands like asus or sapphire.

I have a 290. is it worth upgrading if I only plan on 1080p and maybe 1440p in a year?

Gaming at 1440P

will the 1070 do it or is the 1080 the way to go if i want over 60 FPS

EVGA
ASUS
POWERCOLOR

stay away from msi gigabyte and anything reference and or cheap.

i got burnt by a 390 msi/gigabyte with the worst cooler ive ever seen the g1 gaming or whatever its called stay the fuck away from it

Be prepared to pay $50 more for a card with a decent cooler though but its worth it.

reference coolers and cheapass loud aftermarket coolers run hot as well fucking shit

Definitely at least get a 480.

even a 390x will easily go over 1080p overclocked

depends on the game obviously

just get a 1070 aftermarket and oc it

sapphire is generally the best cooler for amd

1070's and 1080's will be in full supply once retailers unload the rest of their maxwell stock.

its slowly getting there. went to my local fry's and they were finally out of stock of 980 ti's with only two 980's and zero 970's. none on back order.

480 will be a massive upgrade for you. it be perfect.

What time zone are AMD using for the NDA lift?

how much are they going for there yanky?

here they are still 700-1200aud+

Should I upgrade my 960 to a 980 for 300 bucks?

well 980 ti's were slashed down to the $400's, 980's around the $300's, and 970's around the $200's.

used i've seen 980 ti's going for $200 in my area on craigslist.

i picked up my asus 1080 strix on newegg a week and a half ago for $669.

the RX 480 will be better and cheaper than the 980

300 is a bit steep for 2 year old card

and dx12/vulkan performance is average and nvidia is about to drop support for them and start gimping drivers.

get a 390 or 480 cheap
fuck me thats cheap

no.

get a 480 for $200 since its amd's 980 equivalent or grab a 1070 for $400.

the 1070 wont be that cheap again until fall maybe

>mfw $400 for a midrange card is considered cheap
>nvidia

Why wasn't it 400 in the first place?

Sapphire, but you can't go wrong with either one.

i've been watching them come and go out of stock on newegg the last few weeks in the $400 range.

keep an eye on them with:
>nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1070/

its how i grabbed my asus 1080 strix.

There's one that goes for $399. newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125875 And MSI has one for $410

gigabyte g1 1070 in stock on newegg

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125871&cm_re=GIGABYTE_GV-N1070G1_GAMING-8GD-_-14-125-871-_-Product&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-Veeralava LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=6202798&SID=NIS_926

How reliable are Zotac and PNY

perhaps try your luck on ebay or craigslist?

if the cooler and design of the board is good and reviews are good go for it.

cheapest brand ive used was xfx never had a problem never used zotac or pny tho
cooler seems ok 3 fan coolers usually have a good design.

do it

theyre usually badly designed hardware that dies or malfunctions often
most of nvidia's brands are trash tier

>ZOTAC
better than they used to be, still iffy
>PNY
almost as unreliable as HIS. Avoid at all costs.

Keep in mind that those prices are scraped from places like Amazon where assholes that don't even have the cards or managed to order one or more are re-listing them at hundreds more than the actual price to scalp people. Look at the prices e.g. Gigabyte and EVGA list them at and never pay a dime more, because as soon as stock isn't so low that's the price they'll be going for.

Well what I meant by deal was "Cost in comparison to MSRP"

The after market 1080 cards are way more on the MSRP side than the Founders' Edition Price side. Pic related. (See above for the response to absurd Amazon and Newegg third-party listing prices.

because its a paper launch

ill probably get a 1180ti or whatever it is cheap in a couple of years when the aud recovers

no point paying $1400+ for a $600 card

GTX 1070 or RX 480 for 60Hz 1080p?

970 owner here.
>inb4 retard
should I upgrade to something of this gen?
my "1080p overkill card" has struggle running heavy moded skyrim at 1080p, sets at 30,45 fps.
>that's the only reason I am considering upgrade.

nvidia new cards really calls my attention with their "faster than Titan" advertising

3.5 is your issue

Then any card with the same performance but more VRAM will fix that?

wait for vega/1080 price to go down

Its a Ausfags in denial about the value of their currency episode.
Protip just because they are called dollars does not mean prices should be the same as they are in burgerbucks.

>1080p overkill card
Nobody but Nvidia shills said that.

R9 390, RX 480, maybe GTX 1060 if you're a willing to waitfag in the name of brand loyalty.

ok so I just bought the parts for my first custom pc

>i5 6600k
>MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Armor OC
>1080/144hz asus monitor

So will this hit 90+ fps on more demanding games like GTA V or Witcher? Feel like I might've even gone overboard with the GPU

It averages 77 fps in modern games at 1440p, so you can easily hit 90fps by like turning AA down and stuff.

my monitor's only 1080 though. So I was thinking it might be overkill for now. I guess it's a long term investment so I don't mind.

also I should add i've never even seen fps above 60, all my old monitors were only 60 hz. Is it as big a step up from 60 to 144 as 30 is to 60?

It's not that significant, but you still won't be able to go back. You get accustomed to the luxury.

our economy is in the shit and our leaders are retards so yeah

Yeah but at least the internet is bad, it's boiling hot, everything wants to kill you, your freedoms are constantly being trampled on, and a huge portion of your population is undereducated.

Why the fuck do you cunts live there again?

Born here

its literally a prisoner island

I just bought an MSI 1070 and there's nothing you can do about it.

>MSI
I'm not even a little upset, I have no interest in any of their products.
Good for you though.

What did you end up paying after taxes? I just bought an msi gtx 1070 gaming 8g, final price ended up around 481$.

Why? Never had any problems with msi

it is a Sup Forums popular opinion that MSI is unreliable

Sup Forums thinks everything is unreliable.

All the engineers at work know literally nothing about computers, I just had to teach an engineer how to replace ram in a cisco 240.

You code monkeys can't even be trusted with root.

>Sysadmin master race

I'm planning on buying a RX480 to replace my HD6870.
I was just wondering if my current specs would be able to handle the card.

i5-760
4GB ram
500W PSU

or should I just save up for a new build? I can build a new rig by december if I start saving up now.

>implying they aren't
i'm implying it's likely more like 35%

Sup Forums is unreliable

My 2yr old Gigabyte GTX 770 lasted only 2 years. Never even OC'd the bastard beyond the original clocks it came with.

Bought the MSI Gaming X and it feels good mang

Yea start saving. As much as that cpu is rather capable, it will hold back the gpu in any demanding game unless seriously overclocked to compensate.

Plus newer systems now just offer so much more than your first gen i5 setup. Nvme, pcie 3.0, faster sata. Support for faster ram. Vastly better performance for less voltage/heat/noise.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for holding onto a system as long as possible. But first gen Intel stuff is getting rather long in the tooth.

Save and get a 6600k z170 build. If you're not an overclocker, look into an i5-6500 and H170 motherboard setup.

What? The G1 windforce is literally the best performing cooler, what are you on about
Or did it die on you

480 will do

Yeah I figured I should just save up since I don't really have anything to play yet.
I put on a build that I would like to buy by December or January when I get enough cash.
Could you take a look and maybe see if it's any good? pcpartpicker.com/list/

I picked the i7-6700 over the i5-6500 for cpu heavy games like arma 3 and gta 5 and because I don't plan on overclocking. No storage too since I'll be using my 1TB from my old rig. PSU and Case is the only option I got since the measurements are exactly what I need to put a gtx1070 in the case.

I'm gonna be staying on 1080p for this build so I hope it'll last me a couple of years.

Shit wrong link. Here's the list pcpartpicker.com/list/4BCZ8K

bought a 670 on release. Sell my pc recently$650

check online and realize 670 alone could have sold for 300+

FUCK FUCK FUCK

Real talk.

I have an i7 2600k. If I go with the 1080 am I going be bottle necked by my cpu?

An i7 is a bit overkill for the vast majority of games, an i5 6600k has a much better price/performance. But by the time you buy your computer, Intel's new generation of processors (Kaby lake) will be out and they'll be another 5-10% performance increase over Skylake.

Also, get a z170 motherboard. z170 allows you to use faster ram and to overclock your CPU. The motherboard is the last part you want to cheap out on because its the part that needs to be the most future proof/compatible with future upgrades.

Never buy a 200-300 card with only two fans. Since those cards are crazy heat machines, a 3-fan design is basically essential - Sapphire, 3x windforce.

I'll probably pick one up on black friday or something.

So, I want a 480. Should I go ahead and pick up a reference model, or wait for the 1500Mhz XFX one with custom cooler?

I haven't been able to find anywhere that compares all the AIB cards. My gut says the 1070 Strix is the best one and I've been tempted to buy one a few times but I want to make sure I am not making a bad choice over an EVGA. That's what I've had my last few cards.