Pre Launch Thread #4 - RX 480: On Par With GTX 970 *OC* - Poor OC potential - More/New Features

videocardz.com/61557/rajas-super-secret-cigar-stash

>Better Asynchronous Compute
>More Tessellation
>Better efficiency
>True Audio
>etc

wccftech.com/radeon-rx-480-gaming-performance-review-leaked/

videocardz.com/61512/first-radeon-rx-480-gaming-benchmarks-hit-the-web

>the Radeon RX 480 is said to cause lots of artifacts with a mere 5% overclock. A 7% overclock will cause the system to freeze entirely. This means that a average overclock of 1350 MHz is possible with the Radeon RX 480 while anything near the 1400 MHz will crash the card. It could be due to thermal instability due to the cheaper cooler design which we had discussed here

Amazon 1st release

>amazon.com/XFX-Radeon-Graphics-Cards-RX480M8BFA6/dp/B01H3P9CKI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467172547&sr=8-1&keywords=XFX RX 480

NDA end: 29th 9:00 AM EST

Other urls found in this thread:

christiantimes.com/article/amd-polaris-release-date-specs-rx-480-rx-470-rx-460-coming-june-29/57962.htm
amazon.com/GeForce-Overclocked-256-bit-DisplayPort-Graphics/dp/B00NJ9BJ8G
ebay.com/itm/MSI-VIDEO-CARD-RX-480-8G-8GB-DDR5-256B-PCIE-DVI-I-HDMI-DP-RETAIL-/301999343232
amazon.fr/Sapphire-21260-00-20G-Carte-Graphique-Expess/dp/B01H01E4CQ/ref=nav_signin?ie=UTF8&qid=1467142293&sr=8-1&keywords=radeon rx 480&tag=affilizr-fr-111-21&
m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16814150771
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for lying slavs

why can't they just put the reviews up now?

I might buy 3

How many hours left user?

What are the best aftermarket brands for AMD? I'm poor and probably won't be able to get that EVGA 1070 I want.

P O O
O
O

Sapphire or asus

fart card for fart people to be quite honest with you all my family amigos senpai

Am I too late to order this? I thought it released tomorrow.

Plz be good there has been nothing but bad news all month.

Why is the read and write speeds of this card so bad

10 Hours, 48 minutes and some seconds

>Sup Forums thinks what some faggy Brazillians say must be fact

GUYS THIS IS THE LARGEST INVENTORY THAT WILL DESTROY NVIDIA

>out of stock in minutes

Because AMD fucked up bad

>classic bait and switch amd

>269.99

What the fuck am I reading?

You can get a 970 for $250 that beats this shit.

>happened so quick i never realized until now
since this happened do i just wait for 3rd party coolers cause fuckin whatever

AMD failed again. Nice "large inventory" goys

>3.5

are the 470's and 460's coming out today as well?

I could have sworn that bitch at the press conference said they were

KEK this cannot be real

>after 8 minutes on launch they're all gone

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH ENJOY THE WAIT AMDRONES

I thought this was supposed to be a $200 card...

>You can get a 970 for $250 that beats this shit.

And use twice the power, larger size, half the VRAM, and gimped VRAM.

There were more 480s than 1080s
this means AMD just sold thousands more than your shitty nvidia paper launch. kek

Because they most likely released a lemon and therefore put NDA on it until the very very last second?

Uhh it uses the same power and is even faster than a 480

There is literally no reason to buy a 480 if it's selling for $250

Classic AMD price inflation, remember this is only a reference who knows how high custom cooler prices go

christiantimes.com/article/amd-polaris-release-date-specs-rx-480-rx-470-rx-460-coming-june-29/57962.htm

let's hope

are you sure those stocks were ever up in the first place, or are those just placeholder pages and the actual launch didn't start yet?

All jokes aside, there are so many leaks showing the 480 being barely better than a 970 or 390. This can't be a coincidence. Amd either fucked up really fucking bad or we're missing something really obvious here.

Also about the pricing, why is it so absurdly high in Europe? I don't recall there being this much of a price difference between US and EU prices with the 390 or 970. There must have been some major hiccup with their sales team or something.

Scalpers are impressed from the 1070 1080 profits so they're making multiple accounts and buying all of the 480s because they don't really understand the tech behind it. I'm in a discord chat with like 20 of them and they're all talking about the 480 like they bought into bit coins at $10 it's fucking hilarious

>Sup Forums calls Nvidia the Jew company
>AMD just had a NDA that was held to the last minute so nobody would find out how shit they are
calls Nvidia the Jew company

>Buying an AMDrone cuck poorfag card

Literally fuck off with that shit waste of money, Only poorfags would waste money on a shit card that barely performs at the same level as the r9 380

You should have gotten a real card that actually works, like the 1080, the MOST powerful card ever made. And fuck AMD, the only shit they have to try and compete is the fucking fury, which barely even comes close to the 1070 in terms of performance, OH and guess what, it's over five HUNDRED dollars, which is a fucking joke considering the 1070, which is better, only costs 375$, and performs better than three of these shit fucking poorfag 480's

>inb4 muh temps
>inb4 muh price
>inb4 muh powerdraw

a 450 watt tpd doesn't mean shit, and most modern cards (Except for AMDrone cards) are designed to perform at well above 100c

fuck off

Why would anyone scalp with a no name brand such as AMD?

The 4GB one is

Pretty sure it's this.

But y'know

Hypers gonne hype

How do you know. AMD is being super secretive right now, closing off the NDA until launch. If NVIDIA did that you all would be up in arms.

I missed the fucking preorder window in amazon, i was at work, however i see this shit here

amazon.com/GeForce-Overclocked-256-bit-DisplayPort-Graphics/dp/B00NJ9BJ8G

i'm tempted to go for this, i am coming from a 9800GT, please advice me. its only 20$ more compared to the 8gb version.

This is sooooo good for my soul...

I told amd-fanboy that this amd isn't the holy grail. I told them they lie as much as nvidia.

I told them it will be more expensive in europe.

I told them it would not perform as good as initially speculated.

I told them it will be wise to wait until the market is more clear.

I told them not to believe in memes.

I told them... Next time they can suck my cock if they won't listen.

T O
O

Oh really, then where the fuck is it?

There's not a single 480 on newegg under $240, this is bullshit

They literally think it's like consoles and this is the "other one". The Xbox to the PlayStation

>purposely waiting to buy a cuck tier poorfag card

literally fuck off with this shit, the 1080 is the most powerful card literally ever made, and it would be a mistake not to buy it. Thanks to BASED Nvidia, you can get an unmatched power from a single card that outperforms any shit tier AMDrone cuck card, especially the fucking firehouse fury, and there's literally no excuse for not buying a superior Nvidia card. Also any jelly AMDrone cuck that tries to rebute this needs to fuck off, one: there's no argument for superiority, two: AYYMD opinion dis""Carded""... Also don't expect anything near as good from AMDrone, the 490x? more like the 490nothankyou

>inb4 muh powerdraw
>inb4 muh temps
>inb4 muh powerdraw

fuck off, there is nothing from with a 450 watt TPD, and 100C is a temp the card was tested to run at, so it literally doesn't fucking matter.

Is there a 4 GB version of the 480? I only see 8 GB versions all around. I want a 4 GB version.

Guess I'll just keep using my 1gb radeon 7850 lol

>DP 1.2
WAT

>Next time they can suck my cock if they won't listen.
What the fr*ck? that escalated so fast

>the Radeon RX 480 is said to cause lots of artifacts with a mere 5% overclock. A 7% overclock will cause the system to freeze entirely. This means that a average overclock of 1350 MHz is possible with the Radeon RX 480 while anything near the 1400 MHz will crash the card. It could be due to thermal instability due to the cheaper cooler design which we had discussed here

Please don't do that AMD, not a Fury X 2.0....

kek
they're about to find out the hard way, I guess.

You should show them the chart with AMD having only 20% marketshare

Hey guys look you can get an RX 480 for only $499.99 on eBay, what a steal.

ebay.com/itm/MSI-VIDEO-CARD-RX-480-8G-8GB-DDR5-256B-PCIE-DVI-I-HDMI-DP-RETAIL-/301999343232

>2 xfx 480s
>one is specifically made for crossfire

Damn amd are really milking those crossfire memes

>buying a a 970-tier card for $500

wew lad

why did you write this

>the only achievement of 480 is helping nvidia clear their 970 stock

So does this mean nvidia isn't finished?

literally only idiots would fall for this

the point of this card was the "low" price. spending more than 250 is just idiotic

Tell me senpai, do i go for the 970 strix right now?

>scalpers foil AMD plans by buying all the cards and reselling for stupid prices that give the brand a worse name
>people in the mid end market just buy 970s

Even spending $250 is idiotic because both the 970 and 390 are $250 and outperform it

>mfw the 490x will just be a fury x with 8gb hm2
we're fucked

Why not get the 3.5 GB version instead? It has been available for almost 2 years now.

>already sold out on newegg
Gaiz, I was promised that AMD is bankrupt. You need to shill more.

>implying amd selling out 20x the 1080 is """bad"""
do you enjoy being retarded

S A M A S U N G 14nm fail

>Manly Tears

kek

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE 490X FURY X REPLACEMENT?

WHERE IS THE 390X REPLACEMENT?

$200-300 FOR POS THAT CAN BARELY BEAT A 4 YEAR OLD TITAN 780 OR 3 YEAR OLD 980 ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WTF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

it had 25x the stock of 1080, and its sold out, assuming it had already launched, which was supposedly to be tomorrow. so being sold out isnt a bad thing lmao

Read the negative feedback for that seller it's fucking gold

>more than 10 available

Well I think we know where all the 480s went

comes out tomorrow little guy

2 rx480> gtx 1080 similar price

shhhh the Sup Forums shitposters hate him they might get butthurt and leave

Oh really? Then why is the 8GB out today? Where the fuck is the $200 480?????

8gb ram vs 3.5

ok then

So are these all reference design?

Doesn't come out until late july

Funny how a 2 year old card with 3.5GB of ram is beating the 480 in benchmarks

>330€

guess europe will keep buying nvidia

>€230 970 vs €330 480

Yeah 3.5 it is then.

right here little guy

You've got to be fucking kidding

Fuck, you stupid

Are you really that poor?

link

amazon.fr/Sapphire-21260-00-20G-Carte-Graphique-Expess/dp/B01H01E4CQ/ref=nav_signin?ie=UTF8&qid=1467142293&sr=8-1&keywords=radeon rx 480&tag=affilizr-fr-111-21&

European monopoly money is down, that's about equal to the states.

Another AMDissappointment
Guess everyone fell for the AMDelusion

m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16814150771

is google too advanced for you?

AMD = Another Major Disappointment

Yes, I earn minimum wage and have a room mate. Been saving for a new GPU for 8 months now. It's tough out here man. I've never even owned a car. Idk how everyone gets them. I need a car to get a real job(I work online) but I need the job to get the car.

Weird how it doesn't show up in new egg search

I might buy 4 just to spite the nvidiots

Even the false flagging here is trash.

new egg is too adanced too?