AMD RX 480 Reviews

Post RX 480 Reviews Here!

First Review from Tech of Tomorrow

AMD RX 480 Review - The Best Graphics Card for the Money?

youtube.com/watch?v=5CJBaZ9V2Eo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r5F9vwxQphM
youtube.com/watch?v=EIPggCgYK38
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you think these things would handle VR properly?

That depends so you want it to explode or melt?

If i had a choice, I'd like it to melt.

>Do you think these things would handle VR properly?

Nothing can handle VR properly because it's a bullshit meme.

They have repeatedly said it meets the minimum requirements for good VR in this generation of headsets, that's one of the main points of the card.

>2014 games
>480 is slower than OC'd 970
>2016 games
>between 970-980

Beaten by the 970 ex-OC in every single fucking game except for just cause 3, in which it loses by 5 frames (whoop dee doo).

Bravo fucking AMD. Bravo. Can't beat 2 years old nvidishit.

Go back to your card games grandpa

VR graphics are at the current moment shit tier -- tennis ball-sized pixes, garbage.

That being said, the rx480 is a complete fucking disappointment.

>Comparing a $260+ card with a $199 card that also has like half the power consumption

Very disappointing.

Looks like Kyle Bennett and Scali were right about Poolaris.

Yup,970 is better.

Help me lads. RX-480 or GTX 960?

970 has been $250 for over a year now (if you bought through goyim-stock or similar deals), the 480 is $230 MSRP. the difference in price is negligible, especially when the 970 is beating the 480 across the board.

The 290x beats it in firestrike, my fucking sides

480. it's pretty much a 390.

Should I buy an used R9-390X or GTX980 for the same price as a new RX480?

lol

how can you be worse than >3.5

fucking kek

wait for 1060. 480 is dead on arrival. if the 1060 is another cut down GP104 chip then it should be solidly 20-30% faster at stock speeds.

>across the board

DX12 is the future, grandpa

>flagship card losing against a 3,5gb card

Myth: AMD comeback in 2016.

Pooo-busted

>video cuts to the case
>amd cooler

>close video

fuck off, vr is pure sex for any kind of cockpit games
youtube.com/watch?v=r5F9vwxQphM

When is the 1060 being released?

He's gonna get into shit for this. He just infringed his NDA. Doesn't lift for 2 hours

First of all we don't know the 970 doesn't beat the 480 across the board, we don't have trustworthy review yet. Secondly, I wouldn't say the price is negligible and thirdly: POWER CONSUMPTION

>it's not noticeably better than the 970 even in dx12 benchmarks and ashes of shilarity

HOLY SHIT, WHAT A FUCKING FAILURE

used 980.

The future of Microshills yes

where the 1070 & 1080s? , all I see are the old gpus there. Not even 980ti

Please tell us how the 3d meme became a huge long lasting success (besides theaters, which have had it since he 70ies or so). Also, please tell us how VR isn't going to die out like a candle in the night because of the exact same problems (inconvenient, hassle with extra specific hardware, not enough autism among normies).

that's not acually DX12.

the 970 already has very low power consumption, the rx 480 doesn't offer anything radical in this regard. Face it, we lost... again.

DX12
it Buttfucks the 970EXOC

RX 480 has 4 GB of VRAM and costs 200$
GTX 970 has 3,5GB of usable VRAM and costs 250$
The price difference is not negligible, also the 970 takes more juice to run.
What is negligible? The performance difference is. This is why RX480 is the better choice for now, unless 970 starts selling at 170$ or something.

Whats the flag ship card? Cause Polaris is midrange....

what a piece of a shit

This. AMD is going to be in his shit for breaking NDA. What a fucking retard

Guys,is this without the drivers?

Also,do drivers significantly increase FPS?

Is this even worth upgrading from my 770?

Yes, every single game except for JC3, except for the ones you didn't mention. What about the ones the 480 loses by

I can get a 970 right now for $240 and then I can actually overclock my GPU without causing a system crash, and I also don't have to throw my chips in with AMD (a company that has had historically bad drivers for 12+ months after the release of new architecture).

$240 is the same price exactly as the 8 GB version of this AMD shitcard.

$240 is also only $40 more expensive than the 4 GB version, which is the same price as a shitty dinner for two at a 3 star restaurant. I'd rather bite the extremely hefty $40 price difference and be able to play my cards with the company that has been beating AMD for years, the trusted card that's been out for 2 years and has known benchmarks and performance, and the card that has good OC potential rather than "2% OVERCLOCK? FORGET ABOUT IT, I'M DEAD!"

>First of all we don't know the 970 doesn't beat the 480 across the board, we don't have trustworthy review yet.

>Secondly, I wouldn't say the price is negligible

$20 is a negligible difference. You will be hard pressed to even find a 480 at the MSRP that isn't reference dogshit regardless (for the same price you can get a 970 with a really good cooler and OC it to >1500mhz boost for stock 980 performance)

>POWER CONSUMPTION

the difference in TDP between a 970 and a 480 is 25W. That's less than the difference between a 970 and a 390.

There is literally no reason to buy a 480 now unless you're buying out of brand loyalty, AMD had a legitimate chance at a comeback here and instead has probably launched the worst product they've made since bulldozer.

Nvidia pays more anyway

>970 performance
>aftermarket coolers will cost more
>UK left EU
>Euro is dropping
>AMD is just releasing it's cards so they'll stay that price for an year
>Nvidia has a ton of old stock of old shit they have to move

AMDEAD.

it's because 1070 and 1080 are not competing int he same market. It's pointless to list them.

if you're really curious, the 1070 would have 1.5 times the performance, at least, compared to the 480, in every single one of these games. in terms of power the cards aren't even close.

So I can get a 390 for 300 yuropoor currency currently in Finland, whereas this will likely cost around 280-300. A 390x is 350€. Even with potential driver optimizations and an aftermarket model (which will cost even more), it seems to be a complete disappointment.

Why do AMD insist on selling these garbage reference cards? It's the 290/X all over again. This piece of shit hits 90c with a 1.5% overclock.

You think it's okay for AMD to release a new card that competes in the mid range market but loses to an already-existing mid range card that has been out for 2 years, created by a competitor? That's why it's a big deal for the card to LOSE by 5 frames on almost everything. Winning 1 game by a small fucking margin shows how shit the card is.

>Guys,is this without the drivers?
Define drivers.
This is AMD we're talking about here.

wait for a board partner cooled 480 or 1060

960 is a relic at this point

I HURT MYSELF TODAY

Nah its fine I was messing, I have a 1080 myslef.

How did you install Arch?

What a bargain.

I FUCKING HATE YOU PEOPLE WHO KEEP SAYING
>"DUDE JUST WAIT FOR THE X CARD,IT WILL COME OUT IN Y TIME"
FUCK OFF,I KEEP WAITING FOR A YEAR,AND THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING TO WAIT FOR
FUCK OFF

WHAT DO I BUY NOW?
GTX 970 OR RX 480?

>mid range card worse than high end

Just wait for 490 if you want 1070 performance for ~300-350$

480. Wait for the prices to cool down, the're hyped up now.

IT'S OVER
AMD IS BANKRUPT AND FINISHED

So this is THE CARD

Haha, fuck me. You poor cunts are sad

Buy an 980 in a month or so when 1060 drops.
Nvidia WILL drop their prices.

Don't get an 970. Just don't.

DX12 IS THE FUTURE

AMD IS OWNING DX12

that's in australia

Neither try to find a 980/Ti for low price.

Yeah Aus taxes are fucked, 250 in usa 450 in aus. I was going to buy it if it was $350 ish for 8gb but na, might try and find a used 980

Where?IN South fucking Korea?
I'm in Europe,980 costs over 400$ dollars.

>490
There won't be an 490. The 480 is their highest bin. Either that or Poolaris bins like an Indian street and the 490 will be rarer than a 1080.

He might as well wait for Vega at this point lmao.

but the card shown was the 8gb model that is at least $230

we have no idea how the $200 4gb model performs

RX480 because you will be playing a DX12 games.

If its price results in a better price/performance than that other card then why not. It also sounds like you're saying it was released as a mid-range card two years ago.
>1 game
So you're saying it loses in Hitman? Tomb Raider? Mirror's Edge?

Alright. Fuck this shit and fuck AMD. I thought this was going to be a good card, I don't know why. From a company so historically bad, I don't know why I expected this card to be any different. System failure at 2% overclock. Brilliant AMD, just brilliant.

I just raged out and bought a fucking 1070 for $450 from MSI. Jesus fucking christ. Anyone know what power supply wattage I'm going to need for this thing? is 500W good enough?

CANT OC MORE THAN 1.6%

SLOWER THAN 390 AND 970

LMAO

>239 USD = 399 AUD

K.

Fuckin lol, how is this good?

I would never buy a 970. Why would you buy a card that is broken out of the box. You can get a 480 for a few bucks cheaper that has the same performance and is much more future proofed

980 should drop in price when 1060 is released.

>already existing mid range card
No the 970 is at the bottom of the high range buddy

good... good goy
hehehehehehehe

So what do you think it will drop to? 300$?250$?

>future proofed
>has the same performance as last gen mid tier cards

What the fuck is this?
This is not at all what I was promised.

Maybe 2 years ago

>AMD
>Drivers
Wew, is this some new spicy Sup Forums meme?

Free fiddy.
About thereabouts.

They're better than nvidia's if you plan on keeping the card for more than one generation

I G N O R A N C E

still too much.

when are custom rx480 coming out?

> Flagship
Vega isn't out yet you mong

THIS IS LITERALLY A BIGGER BLUNDER THAN THE FURY X

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING AMD

HOW HARD IS IT TO FUCKING BEAT A SHITTY 2 YEAR OLD 3.5 MEME FUCK YOU

Basically this

>nda lifts on release day to build up hype for this disappointment

Fuck amd, the guy's doing god's work.

AMD has not discovered "driver" technology yet. Their cards work on an older technical system, known as "plug it in and pray".

>MUH POWER CONSUMPTION

Can't pay your electricity bill grandpa?

> excited for AMD
> not on either side of the fence
> always used nVidia in the past
> might be time for a change
> gettin' hype for 480
> reports rolling in of lower and lower performance
> judgement day
> crashes and burns harder than expected
Looks like I'm staying with my 760 lol

Where is the 470?

youtube.com/watch?v=EIPggCgYK38

thread theme song

Many real senior citizens experience a loss of independence and problems paying the bills later in life. It is insensitive of you to make jokes like that.