Still the best.

I like my 5.1 Lollipop with the minimal permission settings it has

Galaxy S2 with 4.1.2. Represent, this piece of shit is slow but its aight famalam. Also I think the S2 design is the qtest. New galaxy's are fugly, why tho.

That's 6.0, not 5.1.

Can confirm, 6.0 is the bomb. 5.1 sucks.

However, I do agree that 4.4 is timeless. I made the mistake of upgrading to 5.1 on my Droid Turbo, and I'm going to be downgrading to 4.4 this week using Sunshine to unlock my phone.

>That's 6.0, not 5.1.
what
>5.1 sucks
the
>4.4 is timeless
fuck
are
you
on?

>tfw Gingerbread still

I only agree because KitKat was one of the few versions to LOWER the system requirements. It was more or less an update of polish and optimization.

I wish more updates offered improved performance instead of changing shit or tacking on extra features.

2.3.2 = XP SP3
ICS = Vista
4.4.4 = Windows 7
5 = Windows 8
5.1 = Windows 8.1
6.0.1 = Windows 10

>open app
>this app is requesting permission to do access the network!
>accept
>click button
>this app is requesting access to use the camera!
>accept
>click button
>this app is requesting access to write to file system!
How is this even allowed. I can fully read the permission when I download the app. You tinfoil spergs really went over the line.

>tfw still using slimkat on a nexus5

B^]

windows is for fags
android is linux

This is pretty fucking correct

permissions are an extra layer of customization and no, i dont want that app to read my sms, thx

No quite, ICS was alright with it's first update 4.1. No comparison to Vista which was simply shit for the hardware available at the time.

And vista was fine when SP1 rolled around. What's your point?

>Vista which was simply shit for the hardware available at the time.
Hardware at the time was perfectly capable of handling vista. OEMs just chose to ship PCs with minimal specs back then.

>>this app is requesting permission to do access the network!
There are no internet permissions in MM as per a conscious decision by google, what the fuck are you talking about?

>slimkat
You just gave me the feels

upvoted

Nigga, you forgot Jelly Bean (4.1, 4.2, 4.3).

Ns looking to be the best version of Android 2bh

xD

> Hardware at the time was perfectly capable of handling vista
And Vista only. Want to run Photoshop with your high-end 512x2 DDR2 RAM? Forget it, pleb.

>tfw your phone is running 4.1.2

>high-end 512x2 DDR2 RAM
Did you read the final sentence of my post? Congrats you're a fucking retard.

>Fucked up SD card
Yeah, no. 4.3 was the last good version of Android. I wish that it'll die.

Represent.

>Apps can't write to SD card
>Volume warning that can't be disabled
>Open this with which app never remembers your choices even if you choose "Always"

It's shit. It's like 4.1 with malware.

1GB of RAM was not high end.

ics was a pain in the ass, it put me off of android really bad. i switched to iphone. never gonna know what happened after that.

>I never got update past KK therefore I became luddite

They also cocked up USB drives in the newest version. I wonder what useful and defining features will be removed next. MTP is the only thing they've been consistent on and it's the worst thing about Android right now.

Sigh 4.4.4 you will forever be in our hearts

I'm on 6.0.1 CM13 now but 4.4.4 was super goat when I first installed CM11 2years back
While 6.0.1 is smoother and speedier so edays I think about nandroiding back to CM11 just for a day

>no 4.4.4
fml

>using the smiley with a carat nose

That's not BB10OS

marshmallow lets you manually grant permissions, it is literally god tier.

That's actually pretty cool. A bit of a chore for the average consumer whom only wants to touch the accept button and be done with it, but for us users concerned with security is a real step forward.

Can you make it let apps write to the SD card?

but can it run crysis ?

MM is what Lollipop should have been.

> March 2013: Andy Rubin - who has led Android from the start and helped make it the most widely used mobile OS - is replaced by Sundar Pichai.
> November 2014: Android 5.0 Loollipoop is released.

Coincidence? I think not.

Which is fine, if they didn't make the permissions obnoxious. Besides, most of the apps only try to make you think you're in control: they give you the option, but when you decline it suddenly the app doesn't work anymore.