Music Players

Should I stop being a pleb and move on from winamp? I have been using it for decades, even the installer I keep on one of my pendrives is 10 years old.

If yes, which one?

musicbee
foobar

or just stick to winamp, no one gives a shit

>>>/sqt/

C L E M E N T I N E

clementine is ugly as cancer and takes up too much resources compared to musicbee and foobar

Why switch if it works?

Mpd+ncmpcpp

Are you happy with Winamp's functionality? If so, there's no reason not to keep using it.

I use Quod Libet.

I'd still be using Winamp if it supported modern audio formats. I'd gladly drop MPC-HC and go back to it if it played AAC properly.

>posted from 1337-XXXgaymingXXX PC with i7 and 16GB ram

>using a video player for music

I don't know if you can necessarily find modern plugins for WinAmp. If you need extendible format support, then foobar2000 is a popular choice. If you just want to play common formats out of the box, then it generally doesn't matter what you choose, unless you're also looking at factors like memory usage / bloat.

I use Winyl, but it's not extendible.

I tried foobar once, It felt sluggish with all that media library crap, I like the basic stuff more you know (suffle, repeat, the list, play, pause, stop).

I used it on mint it's not bad I guess I could try on windows too.

This is kinda what I was thinking but since I haven't used anything else for a long time I kinda got curious about what's the best one you fellas use now.

It's for a windows machine sorry bro.

I am, it does what I want which is play a random song of a huge ass music library without filling half my screen with useless data.

I think I'm lucky here since I'm a pleb and only listen to mp3 from old as fuck stuff I downloaded back in emule / kazaa era with some newer downloads from private trackers.

aimp3 / aimp4
aimp is the modern winamp.
it even has custom winamp skins if you want to feel at home.

MPC literally means Media Player Classic. Media player, not just music player.

If it werks goodd ure goodd

Try Winyl. It sounds like it might suit your needs.

Winamp is great. Why would you switch?

Also
>dat milkdrop mane

>I tried foobar once, It felt sluggish with all that media library crap, I like the basic stuff more you know (suffle, repeat, the list, play, pause, stop).
so don't install the media library crap, you don't need all that stupid ricing to have a functional foobar install

And it imitates the look of Windows Media Player Version 6.

>Why would you switch?
Well since I was going to do a fresh install and sort some stuff I decided to check what's new with you guys since I have been stuck in time for the past 20 years.

I will put it on the list with the others to check then.

Can I even do that? I Will check it out then because when I tried it ages ago I just used the most basic installation.

Personally I use fb2k because I found a skin I like and it makes managing my library a cinch. I tried Musicbee but it felt like a chore to re-adjust my "flow" after I'd gotten comfy with foobar.

last time i checked (about 2 years ago) the latest (last?) v5 was as light as v2 if you get the 'lite' installer, advantage being bug fixes and maybe the odd security fix

Try aimp3 then. Tons of customization and plugins

This is my foobar2000 from a while back...

I also should have told you anons another reason I try to run away from foobar is that it has a fuckhuge interface.

Look at this example pic, this is all I can handle. I know I'm a pleb.

Can I make foobar look like my pic? Just the controls and a simple list? I really hate all the images and big ass interface.

I still use winamp for playlists, because I just don't care.

sure. here's a quick and dirty thing i threw together in five minutes with the built in layout editing mode

MPC-HC is perfectly viable for music, so long as you're not some millennial that only ever listens to singles and has to micromanage their playlist.

I still keep Winamp around for MIDI files though.

if you were tinkering with winamp i would recommend foobar but if your the kind of guy that installs winamp to just play music use Winyl. Its lightweight and plays everything

How do I make foobar not look like shit?

This desu.

>caring about the visuals of your audio player
it's like going to the theater and complaining about the color of the walls

I stopped using Winamp a long time ago because it bugged out and didn't work anymore. Been using MusicBee for a while and it's pretty fucking good, don't even miss Winamp anymore.

Or like going to the opera house and it looks like a trashy football stadium

That's pretty much happened already.

Just try them all out one at a time, and you'll learn for yourself whether or not you want to switch.

I recently looked through all the various Music Players, and Winamp ended up being my favorite, even though I had never used it until that point.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Does AIMP3 have a Milkdrop or ProjectM plugin?

fucking this, milkdrop is visual sex

SPEED SPEED LOVER
GAME'S NOT OVER

MPC-HC works fine for MIDI playback, though it offers no real-time adjustments. For that I use an old 16-bit Voyetra MIDI sequencing program that came with a similarly old ISA soundcard.

MusicBee because it's sexy.

Winamp is the best if you don't want to use foobar2k. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it and you shouldn't force yourself to use something different because some user called you a pleb.

All these years and Winamp is still the king of music players. I guess times never change, won't they?

here's my mini-foobar setup, it might be what you're looking for

if you use mac os x/os x/macos itunes is decent

>what are themes
oh wait, you're probably a windoze fag

so much wasted space, truly disgusting

OP here, I tested foobar, clementine and AIMP.

Of the three AIMP was the best for me in terms of giving me that winamp feel. I just had to configure some things to simplify it a bit.

Only issue I had with it was the fact it took a considerate amount of time compared to loading the same music directory in winamp.

For the things I do with it, I still think winamp is the best but I will keep on testing instead of running back to my beloved music player.

>ctrl+f audacious
>no results

Aimp is pretty comfy

this

i have found gmusicbrowser a good alternative to foobar on linux

>mac

You've improved it a lot, but I still think Clementine is generally ugly as fuck, especially out of the box.

Also here's my winamp setup that took 2 seconds and doesn't waste screen space.

>You've improved it a lot
I didn't do shit... This is my system's GTK theme (Adapta)...

>my winamp setup that took 2 seconds and doesn't waste screen space
It took me 0 seconds
>a playlist that strips off track names
>can only read songs from filesystem
>DVD Drive
>Video, Visualization, Browser

i don't have a Mac and anime is trash

I use google play music tbhfam.

I care about the botnet and all but I don't care if google knows I listen to royalty free synth loops for commercials from 1991.

Something like this? I switched to foobar when they announced that they were discontinuing Winamp. I found out a few months ago that someone else picked it up and is more or less continuing supporting it, so I tried going back and I found that I'm already too used to my current setup to bother going back.

Why? Winamp 2.95 is fucking great, and it barely uses resources at all.

There'll be no players like Winamp, XMMS (the original) and audacious OP, fuck all the bloated useless new players