I made an anonymous git hosting site!

I made an anonymous git hosting site!
There's no registration, so you can push to any repo without limits.
Think of it like ephemeral git hosting, like Sup Forums, but for git.

The repos get pruned after 24 hours of inactivity, and I saved myself the hassle of moderating by rejecting any commits containing binary data.
Tell me how it works, and try to break it so I can fix it pls.

tempgit.mooo.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

primercss.io/)
repo.or.cz/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>The repos get pruned after 24 hours of inactivity,

sounds useless

Why?

I can make it longer.

The point is, people on Sup Forums are less willing to collaborate on anything because they're lazy and half of them are too autistic to use github.

This way, there's no barrier to entry!
You can make quick throwaway repos and start writing code immediately.

Yeah, the barrier to making huge software projects is git. Thanks for clearing that up, fucking retard.

Why not make it a week?

How does Git work?

I've been looking to release some scripts I made just to establish that they're licensed by me under MIT but I'm not sure where to go.

thanks for free cp storage

he rejects binary data

How about making it 24h of no activity?

DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS

Eat shit and die.

>so you can push to any repo without limits
This might be an issue.

I'll make the logo.

This is a great idea for hackatons!

Making a logo sounds like quite a big project. We should start a Project L for making the logo.

I'll make the logo for Project L

this, actually

At least you did something.

Can I make repo for smug anime faces?

Yeah... I also like this for projects that I want to mess around with, but I dont want cluttering up my main git repo.

Also might be useful for lazy coders who need something to force them to make frequent commits.

Yes, please upload your code to this anonymous site so I can claim I coded it myself and use it in my portfolio to get a job.

AKARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNN~~

literally who?

oh u

To be fair, you can do this to any open source code, nobody will call you out on it.

I had this idea like 2 years ago. I was going to call it 4git, as in "4git about it".

But I realized it was a shitty idea and never made it.

The limitation on the repo name is retarded, but at least put a maxlength attribute on the tags so I don't have to redo that godawful captcha (which you should also get rid of)

Also cgit or instaweb or whatever the fuck is fine for prototyping but literally no one ever liked that shit, either make a custom design or copy github (shit they even have this for you to use: primercss.io/)

Also you should accept that repo.or.cz/ got there first and is literally the perfect incarnation of this idea.

Good luck!!! ;D

git init
git add
git commit
git push

>too autistic for github
but that's what gitlab is for

>what is base64

so... are there any protections against forced push? are the reflogs at least protected?

Thanks Akarin

>are there any protections against forced push?
Not really.
The system even force pushes a hard git reset to get rid of unwanted commits.

>what is base64

It's not binary. Binary is base2

>why are there so many 50MB text files?

there are a few ways to do it like using the github app, but chances are you just want to do what says. a maybe more straightforward way would be

- go to github (assuming github) and make a public repo. when you've gone through the process, find the link for cloning and copy it.

go into your terminal and say
`git clone [path]` where path is some optional folder name. if your repository is named "useful-shit" and you don't specify a path field, it'll make a folder called "useful-shit". it honestly doesn't matter. you can rename it later if you want and it doesn't cause any problems (unless you're doing something really funky).

move your shit into that folder. yes, there's a better way, but it involves adding a remote and branch and shit and honestly it just feels a little more involved to me.

type `git add .` to add everything in the current directory (here's a fun note: don't commit something with passwords or other sensitive shit; read more about "gitignore" if you're worried, and you should be).

type `git commit -am ""`

type `git push origin master`

in the above case it's somewhat useful to think about what these mean, but if you're just starting out you'll probably only use the origin and probably only use the master branch.

but i can't emphasize enough that you're really only tapping into git at an incredibly superficial level if you just stay here. it's fine to stay there if that's all you want to take on cognitively, but i *promise* it's worth learning more about how to really use git to its greater limits.

>there are people on this board who don't know how to use version control

What's wrong with neetco.de?

You need a better logo

requires registration
offers no guarantees of persistence because it's hosted by one guy in some rental VPS which they'll just stop paying when they get bored

What do you have in mind?

1) nobody knows at birth

2) there are lots of faggots on Sup Forums who don't know how to code (and some who don't even want to learn) - how would you expect those people to know how version control works?

3) we all have to start somewhere. my hunch is if we looked at your bitbucket/gitlab/github profile you would predominantly use the master branch and not really have demonstrated any competence at collaborative work, which is a whole dimension of version control that you mostly learn from doing.

tl;dr: don't be a dickbag.

>i know how to use git checkout!!
>i'm better than you!!!

holy shit, settle down

>neetco.de is kill

haha