Sup Forums PRINTER THREAD

Sup Forums PRINTER THREAD

I need a fucking printer. I hate fucking printers, they're all pieces of shit.

What do you use?

I'm looking for something cheap, and that I can get cheap bootleg ass ink cartridges for.

I print in black and white only (shipping labels).

Laser? Inkjet? Please suggest something that doesn't suck dicks

Other urls found in this thread:

store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/printers/deskjet-308536--1#!&Tab=features
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

atleast it's not a GPU thread, thank you user. Also get a printer that runs off FOSS software and doesnt transmit everything you print to fbi.gov

BUMPING

Look for a Brother monochrome laser printer that also does photocopying/scanning in the $100 range. Buy third party toner that gives high yield (2600 pages) for around $20.

Printers are dead bro. There's not much reason to use one anymore. If you need to scan something just take a picture of the page with your Android phone @ 400-1600 ISO and crop/correct perspective later. If you need to print something then just go to staples/office depot, I think it's like 10ยข a page.

I haven't used a printer since 2012. Still have an old HP deskjet collecting dust somewhere, maybe I should sell it on ebay or something.

just get an inkjet epson

>get laser printer that has an ethernet port and supports PostScript
>never worry about drivers or inkjet shenanigans ever again

old HP laserjet from early 2000s

1. Don't bother with inkjets. Either you print enough for them to be economically worse, or you print rarely in which case they will keep drying up and still be economically worse.

2. Don't buy anything modern. Printers still exist that were before the planned obsolescence era. Try and get a second-hand laser printer from a small business, that thing will last you a lifetime.

HP or die motherfucker

might just do this.

Can confirm that Brother is an excellent printer brand.

HP printers are absolute garbage tier

Get a brother color laser. The $200 one on Amazon.

>I hate fucking printers, they're all pieces of shit
>I'm looking for something cheap
Found your problem. Good luck..

The first thing to consider is if it's properly supported on Linux-based operating systems. If not, definitely not printerwife material.

What's the purpose of using a printer?
Name one.

Consumer-grade HP products are pure kanker. To be avoided like the plague and ebola.

>buy cheap brother monochrome laser
>buy a raspi ike thing off ebay
>attach to cheap brother
>set up CUPS in raw mode
>install driver on actual computer
>Total cost: like $60 idk

i sell stuff on the internet and am my own post office - i print shipping labels daily. black and white only.

Work
School
Phone images aren't as accurate as scanned copies

Get a HP or Brother. Most reliable brands.

Printing useful stuff you can make notes on later.

Printing useful stuff to carry around for studying. Talking about a few sheets here BTW. Very light. No need to worry about battery. Can treat them like old-school Catholic nuns treated misbehaving pupils and nothing breaks.

Printing out schematics and other things that can help when doing this and that.

Printing labels etc.

Printing out Sup Forums threads and archiving them in tangible folders.

You are obviously not an adult.

OP, I know your pains. I felt the same way. So I bought this cheap $30 HP printer. It's the HP Deskjet, you can get it from their website.

store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/printers/deskjet-308536--1#!&Tab=features

I just stuck with HP because I worked for HP at the time, now HPE. It works, it prints, and it's cheap to use. It works for the times that I need to print things out beautifully, and the ink is dirt cheap.

you could thank me now - go ahead

That looks exactly like my printer

where do you get the ink from? ebay?

"Uhhh what do you even need a printer for, you just go some where and get it done." Really fucking top notch boys.

it's cheap enough from HP. Just buy black ink. Set your printer to only print b&w (not grayscale) and you're golden. It's cheap enough.

I have owned high end printers that cost $60+ to replace and used to do the replacement cartridges / refill with ink .. just not worth it. I think I pay like $10 for a new cartridge, which lasts me about 4-6 months. I print relatively infrequently but do the same kind stuff as you ( sell stuff online, print postage, etc.)

if you are printing regularly, at lest 1 time a day, or for a business, I would suggest looking into laser for sure.

Printing legal documents, handouts, music sheets, and songtexts, etc.

Just get anything but a lexmark. HP or Sharp I have had the best experiences with.

Never ever purchase a new inkjet printer.

1) get a job
2) use workplace printer

exactly what i'm doing currently... but i like handling shit all in one place from time to time to keep my orders straight.

still want a fucking piece of shit goddamn printer

>tfw bought a workplace printer
I'll never go back to regular printers

>brother
>not Ricoh
[VOMITING INTENSIFIES]