composter.com.ua/documents/PCI_Express_Base_Specification_Revision_3.0.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>192bit bus
>shitty yields
>no cards in stock
>$339
>$389 for founders
GTX1060

I got the 480 4gb yesterday. After some tests i will send it back because the reference cooler is bad

I found a lot of reasons why this card can't overclock.

Cooler. Even on stock is throttling heavily. I dont know why not all reviews said about this problem. They dont even check their stats?
Vrm temps. Its over 70 all the time. A big limit on the overclock just there
1 6 -pin

I will wait for a proper AIB version. First time that i got a bad reference from AMD. The pcb is fine but the cooler and the 1-6pin really limits what this card can do.

On the positives, the card can undervolt really well like i can save 0.1V and still maintain the stock clocks while saving 20-30 watt.

Well i have to go to work now . If i have time tonight before i send this card back i will upload some tests

since the rx480 is out of stock right now im gonna wait too see what the 1060 is like

anyone know how long it usually takes for cards to come back in stock?

kill yourself

>Vrm temps
Was afraid that'd be the case with that shitty stock cooler.

>undervolt really well
Certainly supports an user's belief that these are overvolted chips because they're pretty much unbinned scraps.

And now we wait for the partner boards...

Don't forget
>only 3GB vRAM

1060 is DOA

It's 3 or 6.

And despite all this... The GTX 1060 will destroy the RX 480 in actual performance because non-shit drivers. It also won't fry your mobo.

>whining about bus width, RAM size, amount of cores etc.
>not caring primarily about actual performance and secondarily about power consumption
How to spot the AMD shills

480 is cheaper. AMD won.

Really, did Nvidia do a last minute modification to pascal and now fully support async compute? :^)

see Nvidia is a joke. I'm selling my 970 and buying an Rx 480.

I can't see how 3 GB is acceptable by today's standards. 4 GB you can make a case for 1080p but 3 GB? The way games are hogging up memory these days that seems awfully small for a card worthy of the x60 Nvidia line. Even the 960 had 4 GB versions available even if the GPU wasn't able to push it. The 1060's GPU should be strong enough to take advantage of more memory.

You can only mask VRAM limitations so much.

Both are fine for 1080p/60fps. The 480 is the better value tho.

The 480 is literally a fire hazard, so wait for the 1060.

I'd be all for getting an RX480 if AMD drivers weren't shit. Literally the only graphics card I've ever had driver problems with was an R9 290x. Never going back.

Waiting on 1060 because it's better than what I've got.

0.5 rupees have been transferred to your account rajesh

see

Overvolting is omnipresent. My Intel i5 750 is overvolted by about 0.15v out of factory.

The RX480 is WAY out of spec for the PCI-E slot and draws about 40 W more than promised.

Seems like AMD is getting tired of competing, so now they have upgraded to literal housefires.

>inefficient twice
Quality.

NV really did fumble DX12/Vulkan, though.

>192bit bus
Did nvidia learn nothing from the 660ti? 192bit cucked it hard. Also anyone remember that 660ti tripfag?

>You can only mask VRAM limitations so much.
What does that even mean? A higher fps count is a higher fps count, if 1060 has better or comparable performance (and most likely it will) than the VRAM amount doesn't matter at all.

Nvidia already seeing rx 480 benchmarks rebranded gtx 1050 to 1060 and 1060 to 1060ti
acording to new leaks

1060 that will see the shelfs will cost 250$ and have 3gb ram as the only option
1060ti will be sold for 300$ and have 6gb ram

those two will use different chips (variants of gp106)

considering pricing i can gess that 1060 will be more or less equal or bit better than rx480 (aside from insufficient ram in some games)
and 1060ti should be around gtx980 may be even 980ti

There is a 6GB version. Shut up.

paid shil are on it again
literally one random site showed 192 watts on torture
not a single one could replicate it
tom had it on 164
and tech on 166
meanwhile 960 was spiking from 75 to 150 constantly
no one said a word
face it paid shills your time has come pack your gtx 480s and go burn a forest or your basement

no there isn't it will be 1060ti or 1065

>even NVidia is disappointed in the RX 480's performance
fucking kek

source?

>drivers
>Superior performance
>The way it's meant to be played
>Power consumption won't drain your wallet then burn your house down

t. currytech

Benchlife (chineese) my source that quote it also isnt in english

alos they just reveled that there will be two 1060's the only logical conclusion is one of them was originally suppose to be 1050

>Its over 70 all the time. A big limit on the overclock just there
>On the positives, the card can undervolt really well like i can save 0.1V and still maintain the stock clocks while saving 20-30 watt.

That's because AMD is essentially pre-overclocking their outdated architecture at this point.

GTX1080

The reference cooler is clearly bargain basement tier engineering, but the thing I have to most question is why the fuck they only went with 32 ROPs on this card.

Sure maybe being more shader heavy will be great for future DX12 titles or whatever, but it would seem to hurt the card in older titles used for benchmarks at release.

I'm not sure what Fiji's bottlenecks were, but it was underwhelming given its shader and memory throughput, and the 64 ROP count there at least looked fishy as fuck too.

AMD just released new drivers for the rx 480 amongst other things.

You mean the drivers that reviewers got a day early? They won't change the PCI slot power draw.

gtx1060 will be cheaper AND faster

$250 ,3gb
$300 6,gb
So no

One exist.
The other doesn't.
Funnily enough I see the RX480 as a GTX970 with 8GB. I did not get a GTX970 due to the 3.5 shenanigans but I am seriously considering getting a RX480.

390 > 480

rx480

No shit, the card is only $239 for the 8GB version.

960 was even worse about it.

That is a containment thread.
We are edgelords here.
We do not follow the rules.
We never forget and we never something else I cannot recall right now but be scare.

>2.5gb*
the way it's meant to be shilled(TM)

Only the Asus Strix, which wasn't a reference design.

>dx
>still relevant
>not going with superior opengl

It's much cheaper for like a five frame difference. Hell just lower the AA or something.

>haven heard of compression

checked

Let them know who we are!!!

>has faith nvidia can into compression

prediction
314 mm2 1080 2560 cuda cores > meme card so nvidia would have something to sell in the 980 ti price bracket.
314 mm2 1070 1920 cuda cores > actual gtx 980 replacement.
230?mm2 1060 ti 1536 cuda cores 6gb > actual 970 replacement $330 performance between 980 and 980 ti.
230?mm2 1060 1280 cuda cores 3gb > 960 replacement performance between 970 and 980 $240.

I don't think compression can ever be a good thing, just throw more vRAM into the problem and call it a day.

Compression means GPU/CPU resources will be used and lower the FPS unnecessarily. With things like the $239 8GB (not 7.5 like on the 1070), not having enough vRAM isn't really a problem nowadays.

Delete your post and try again.

One of these two cards can get a PCI-E certification.
The other one cannot.

Nvidia bribes game studios not to use DX12. They will use DX11 until there is DX13 or some other next gen API where Nvidia has the edge again. DX12 will end up like DX10.

The way I see it 1060 will be a 980Ti performance wise for 300$.
There really isn't reason to make it slower for less money because aftermarket 480s will cost around 300$.

AMD managed to fuck themselves over yet again. Lets hope they lose this gen so hard they sell Radeon to someone at least partially capable.

Nobody would want to buy such a tainted name.

>someone at least partially capable.
such as?

How do you know? the 1060 isn't out yet

wut

Nvidiots are proprietary, enough said

Because not getting a PCI-E certification is the equivalent of not getting a drivers license 5 times in a roll. You'd have to be a fucking retard to manage that.

>Nvidia bribes game studios not to use DX12.
Source?

>On the positives, the card can undervolt really well like i can save 0.1V and still maintain the stock clocks while saving 20-30 watt.
Proofs, please. I was actually thinking of doing this, since I don't need the overclock, but the wattage is too high for me. It'd be pretty close to what I expected from the card.

Hard to tell to be honesto, famillia.

I heard the 1060 is powered by the PCI-E slot only, no 6 pin. In which case it will probably be a shit.

The 480 didn't turn out to be so great either, between the shitty cooler and the PCI-E power fuckup.

I need a new card and have about £250 to spend, should I wait for 480 aftermarket, the 1060 or just get a R9 390 for £200?

actually some of them was using the 6.1 and other was on 5.2

also i think people already found the cause its because the vbios doesnt reduce the voltage once the card is out of the boost mode so it keeps it on 1.3 instead of 1.1

>RX 480 vs The World

Wait for the 1060 or just grab a 970 when they go on sale.

You do realize that 980ti is just a brush below 1070 right? An overclocked 980ti actually beat 1070 on both stock and OC due to the fact that 1070 OC scaling is shit.

PCI-E certification's is not enforced.
And on PCI-E 3 the minimun wattage is 75 watt, its basically the bare minimum wattage the board needs to supply the lane for it to be PCI-E certified.

Seriously, this shit have been overblown too much.
Also, Reminder that a fucking 750ti constantly draw above the min PCI-E wattage and not a single report that this shit frying a mobo after years in the market.

We don't know anything about the 1060

>overblown too much.

Just like the mainboards we will be seeing in the coming weeks that happened to have a 480 attached to them!

It hasn't been overblown.
Tom's said they stopped the test early because the card started drawing enormous wattage up to 200W.

I don't think they've ever had a card do that. Otherwise they wouldn't have noted it in the review.

The 1060 is just gonna be the 970 replacement that Nvidia can sell for tons of money with even lower production costs. The 6GB card will probably be $300, have a decent reference cooler, have 970 performance at 1080p and shit the bed at anything higher because it will have either a 128-bit or 192-bit memory interface (fucking kek). I don't know how anyone can believe Nvidia can ever offer good price for performance when their track record has proven that they're just going to keep hiking GPU prices up, because they have all the mindshare and they can. The 1060 will be worse than a 480 for more money and will still sell fine because it's Nvidia. AMD is guaranteed to gain some market share with the 480, it'll just go from 15/85 to 30/70. Nvidia can't lose.

Wrong. We know it is a paper launch same as the 1070 and 1080.

>enormous wattage
Combined wattage, shared between 6pin and PCI-E

How exactly do you know that?

That's still well over 100 watts from the PCI slot. Hugely out of spec.

I'm seriously impressed with this card. It's only $240 but shits on the 970 and 980 sometimes while having a 150W average in-game power consumption. Holy fuck, you can literally use a 430W PSU and an i3 with 0 problems.

200 watt combined
>enormous wattage
paid shills are on overdrive today

Because it is the nvidia way.

No. It said in plain English it was drawing 200W peak from the PCI-E slot. And 142W average as you can see in this image.

It's a faulty card.
Now wheter it's how ALL 480s are or just theirs ... I'd say all. Because giving a faulty one by pure chance to one of the few good reviewers with proper equipment out there is a fucking joke.

How fucking retarded are AMD with their marketing?

Feel free to cry me a river.
i.4cdn.org/g/1467306775276.png

It's not the first card to do it, not the worst offender, and it's never been an issue even with those cards. But keep shilling.

Great job, 10 (ten) rupees have been added to your account.

hold on I'm just listing all the wrong things in your post
>It's only $240
>shits on the 970
>and 980 sometimes
>while having a 150W average in-game power consumption
>you can literally use a 430W PSU and an i3 with 0 problems
the rest seems ok

Nvidia has done a much better job of garnering the "pc master race" kids than AMD, the 1060 will outsell the 480.

Look at the 960, that card had absolutely no business existing but it still sold fine.

you idiot the pcie cant physically provide 200 watts unless the motherboard brakes some major physics rules as we know it
you need 5mm to provide the bare minimum for that kind of current and you think a motherboard will provide it having lanes on 0.3nm?

That's why the stopped the test.
READ.
THE.
FUCKING.
ARTICLE.

AMD retards, do you only read shit when you're paid to do so by Pajeet?

You may want to learn how to read
You see that 142W number? that's the max.
The average is 79W.

you literally said the pcie was providing 200 watts
200 WATTS FROM THE PCIE
its physically impossible end of story the capacitors would have blown up

200W peak. Yes I said it.
It's says so in the article as well.
Do you not know what peak means retard?

And yes the caps would have blown.
And that is why they stopped the test.

You AMD retards are pretty retarded. And you still won't read the article because you're shitting your pants right now realizing what a piece of shit you bought.

It is better than the 970. In a few months at most, it will outperform the 980. It will overclock well with more power and better cooling, giving it ridiculously good performance. You can definitely run it on a 430W PSU if it's good quality. The prices in Europe will eventually come back to normal. And the card itself is gimped to hell to be so cheap! It has FUCKING 32 ROPs. Vega is going to shit all over the 1070 for less money. The reference card is already doing pretty well for the money at day 1. Buttmad nvidia manbabies with no lives have to shill and talk about non-issues to try to hamper the success of the card. But it's OK, I'm sure they do it because they have nothing else going on in their pathetic lives :^)

Toms are the only reviewer overblowing this shit.
Also, the pic that I just posted is from themselves.

They have tons of experience reviewing cards that suck over 75watt through the lane, but somehow they chickened out from this one.
They also seems to do not know that 75 watt is the MINIMUM current a PCI-E lane should
draw.

50 watt over the MIN power draw is still fine.
Not to mention that the spike is actually less than some GPU that they tested before.

Try to read the fucking chard that you just posted idiot.

obviously you dont know anything about computers parts..
composter.com.ua/documents/PCI_Express_Base_Specification_Revision_3.0.pdf

read as to how they suggest reaching the maximum 300 watt potential of the pcie..
then come back and tell me if you can find any fucking consumer motherboard that actually has 3 level spi industrial capacitor along with adjustable frequency stabilizer in order to elliminate the harmonics since they say it started from 150watts and above

Impossible, eh?

those are spikes idiot if you wanna shill at least do it right

there is a big difference between constatnly spiking to the moon and back
and being constantly stable at a point