/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>Adnroid N is for Nougat!
plus.google.com/ android/posts/JZjsauajfcN

>Samsung Galaxy Note7 cases confirms it will have a curved display
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_7_cases_confirm_it_will_have_a_curved_display-news-19115.php

>Vvo X7 and X7 Plus are now official: Snapdragon 652 and 4GB RAM, but Lollipop
gsmarena.com/vivo_x7_and_x7_plus_are_now_official_snapdragon_652_and_4gb_ram_but_lollipop-news-19137.php

>Xiaomi announces MIUI 8 globally
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_announces_miui_8_globally-news-19132.php

>Amazon has started offering slashed prices on selected unlocked phones with ads
gsmarena.com/amazon_has_started_offering_slashed_prices_on_selected_unlocked_phones_with_ads-news-19114.php

>New mysterious Xiaomi "markw" device spotted on Geekbench
gsmarena.com/new_mysterious_xiaomi_markw_device_spotted_on_gfxbench-news-19112.php

>Purported Xiaomi Mi Note 2 specs include all the 2016 flagship goodies
gizchina.com/2016/06/30/purported-xiaomi-mi-note-2-specs-include-2016-flagship-goodies/

Other urls found in this thread:

willmyphonework.net/
anandtech.com/show/10445/revisiting-the-oneplus-3
amazon.com/Caseology®-Parallax-Textured-Pattern-Samsung/dp/B01BE994B6/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1467311876&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=galaxy s7 case&psc=1
amazon.com/i-Blason-Kickstand-Samsung-Release-Holster/dp/B01BLCDWSW/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1467314033&sr=1-1&keywords=i-blason s7 case
amazon.com/dp/B00G26XWDI
amazon.com/Nano-Sim-Micro-Standard-Adapter/dp/B009AQLWMA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Upgrading phone today or tomorrow, budget is not a concern.

Shortlist: S7, S7 Edge, HTC 10, Moto Z

Which phone would be best for a 9-5 office jobber and heavy drinking w/buddies on the weekends?

>dual edge display on the note7
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
i just wanted a note edge 2 with a single edged display.
i wanted a tool for daily use not a fucking design meme

>Android N naming contest was just a marketing stunt, Nougat was the predetermined winner.
Called it.

Regular S7. Edge is a meme. HTC if you hate touchwizz.

Anyone want want some weeb /spg/ OP images to be made? I got some moments to spare making them; no Maki though

S7 Edgy, Xperia Z5 or better yet wait to get that S7 Active. Since you said heavy drinking all these phones are waterproof, but the Active is better since it can survive some smashes and hits.

S7 isn't a bad choice but the battery life is a lot less than the Edge.

posting from an iPhone 6s Plus right now
guys what is THE absolute best Android device I could consider switching to?

Need to replace my Z3 (falling apart).
Using T-Mobile.
I can get a M9 in exchange (meh). Was also thinking of getting Zenfone 2 Deluxe (them triangles). Opnions?
not interested int he redmeme

Thanks m8's.

Found out the 530 has a oldass CPU, between the 2 left what's better

>Anyone want want some weeb /spg/ OP images to be made? I got some moments to spare making them; no Maki though
OP here. sure, why not. I've been recycling old images from the archive so far. bear in mind that /spg/ is quite slow general. thanks for the effort.

Edge has better screen and battery life

What's the general opinion on Oneplus 3? I heard good things about it.

J5.

would it be worth to upgrade from first gen moto g to Homtom HT7 Pro?

Yes. also consider the Doogee X5 Max Pro. it's around the same price but with updated specs. smaller screen though.

I have a chink phone from 2 years ago or so ((Huawei Stream S 302HW)

Can I deebloat it? Like removing Google apps, yahoo mobile splash screen and so on?

alright thanks. are these better than the similarly priced blu phones? i'm trying to find the best phone for $100 basically but i dont know too much about phones

So is this $20 phone just done? I've done a factory reset and there's still this pop up on it, I have a back up to use, so no major issue there, but I'd still prefer to save it if possible

They have very similar specs, but Blu phones have American carrier compatibility, and the chinks mostly don't. Vernee Thor and Leagoo Elite 5 are also good options at $100. check which ones work on your network..
willmyphonework.net/

Edge S7

Oneplus fixed their shit. Oneplus 3 is great phone!
New tests with sRGB and RAM management
anandtech.com/show/10445/revisiting-the-oneplus-3

Do chink phones get xda support?

>2770mah
>not just rounding up to 3000mah
>jewgle

Why don't more people just buy last year's flagship instead of settling for some mid card chinky shit?

some

Still curious as to whether I can do this. I've never tried to do such an underhanded thing.

Should I get an Meizu M3 Note, OnePlus 2 or someone have a better phone for less than 300€?

>sd810

Had windows phone for 2 years.
Only issue was no snapchat for nudes-getting

Switch to iPhone for a month, screen shattered cause I dropped it off my couch onto my carpet.

Been with android for a year, phone is slowest phone I've ever had and batter dies 5-6 hours before bedtime regardless of how much I use it and app load time are retardedly slow.

Gonna miss snapchat but I'm going back to Windows phone because they are all around better than the competition in every way except for a couple of the apps.

Is Google's own 'pixel' phone a real thing?

The only sauce I could find was a Daily Telegraph article saying that in addition to the Nexus line there would be a Google made phone this year.

Here's some smartphone advice...every fucking one of them is exactly the same.

I'm eyeing LG G2 from aliexpress. Judging from youtube it's still holds up. Good/bad idea?

I flashed cm13 onto my note 2 and I noticed that the screen is really over saturated and dim, I went to livedisplay and turned down the saturation, but now things are even dimer.
Outdoor mode makes the brightness a bit better, but again, outdoor mode really overblows the colors and make it hard to look at. Is there a fix for this or something?

Or, you know, buy a good Android phone. What did you have?

Get the G3 for the replaceable battery.

or maybe even a blu?
limit is $250 usd

>tfw yesterday you thought you were gonna need to charge as you might make it through today (Thursday)
>tfw didn't charge
>tfw low battery mode, get orange color theme
>I'm no better than an average wallhugger now

Will definitely charge tonight
Any other /marathon/ phone users here?

It's a real rumour.

What are some good apps and such to install on my iphone se?

>inb4 scrub
yeah k

Galaxy s6

I like the UI a lot better on WP so I doubt I'll give android another chance.

Really tempting me to buy that G4 battery

>I doubt I'll give android another chance.
No one cares. enjoy your deprecated, app-less POS, Microshit shill.

Redmeme Note 3. works on T-mobile.

I like WP's UI too (though I think it peaked with WP8 or maybe even 7.8 -- W10M's worse) but I wouldn't get too attached to it. Microsoft seems really intent to kill it. If I were you I'd pick a refurb HTC One M8.

>fixed
>fixing hardware with software updates
No.

i just got an s7, is this a good phone case? if not, then what is?
amazon.com/Caseology®-Parallax-Textured-Pattern-Samsung/dp/B01BE994B6/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1467311876&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=galaxy s7 case&psc=1

halp pls

Has the behavior of the back button in Chrome Android changed recently? When text was selected, I used to be able to press Back to cancel the selection, but now doing this just closes Chrome.

Upgrading from GS3 what do I buy

I second this. Make the weeaboo OP. Maybe we can reach the programming thread's level of kawaii.

Phone cases are for human trash.

Are you such a gorilla that you can't hold on to your phone? Mine has a case but only because the stock back isn't big enough to hold the upgraded battery.

>case
That's a backplate my man.

I have an S6 with a case by a company called i-Blason and I know they have an S7 line. I recommend it.

Yes, but I don't care much for them.

can I put a nano-sim in the Moto G4?

you just spent a gorillian dollars on a phone, I would hope it's good

would this be it? looks good
amazon.com/i-Blason-Kickstand-Samsung-Release-Holster/dp/B01BLCDWSW/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1467314033&sr=1-1&keywords=i-blason s7 case

No 800 hz 4G, can't use it in yurope QQ

No. needs a Micro-SIM.

That 2GB RAM/ 720p screen Boost Mobile budget phone a few threads back just went on sale on amazon. Thought i'd let y'all know.

It's basically a Moto G with a bigger battery and more RAM.

is this carrier locked? I want to use it on Ting (sprint)

can I use an adapter or something

lmgtfy: amazon.com/dp/B00G26XWDI

Iphone 6s if money isnt an issue.
Lagdroid just doesnt cut it in 2016

I think so yeah. It does have a SIM tray but it's probably locked. It does however use the same Sprint networks as Ting though. Plans aren't too bad, I pay $30/month for 4GB of high speed data then unlimited data at 2G speeds and unlimited talk+text with Boost. Though I had to wait a while for the data to grow to that amount.

Dont. 2gb freezes up and constanly reloads pages.

amazon.com/Nano-Sim-Micro-Standard-Adapter/dp/B009AQLWMA

lol

I don't like iPhones but I always thought they had an okay screen.
The only redeemable thing about them.

Important question: does anyone here actually have the OP3?
If so, is the shit-tier pentile display noticeable in real life usage, is the audio output via 3.5 good and how long does the battery last?
Reviews and benchmarks are one thing, but i'd like some real life experience, too.

Nexus 2016 when?

August, September or October?

Oh god. Imagine trying to do VR with a pentile display.

Aye, got six of them ready now

Underrated advice

>applel will never reach $700 again

I thought photographers and hipster shits dig the camera on that, never really looked at the specs.

Should have mentioned i don't care about VR, at all.

>I don't like iPhones but I always thought they had an okay screen.
They don't.

>The only redeemable thing about them.
Not really. iPhone screens are still miles behind super amoled screens.

I can't decide between a Nexus 5x (on sale) or a Moto G4 Plus.

I am deciding based on how life-proof the phones are; and have no accurate answers for it.

I am mostly concerned on its ability to handle heat, humidity, and occasional splashes.

And last.

By the way when you're asking please be more specific. 'durr which phone' will get a lot less replies than this one Which on that note, you should really buy dedicated waterproof phones. S5 is real cheap nowadays, or the Xperia Z3 if you're looking for something near stock.

Verdict on the Galaxy S6/S6 Edge?

>

"Our margins have always been thin, and our expenses are mainly in USD. This being the case, sudden drops such as the one that the Pound has recently experienced could have a direct impact on our prices," OnePlus explained. "We're telling you this now because we don't want you to be blindsided. If you're thinking of buying, we recommend doing so sooner rather than later."

lel britfags

It's just a meme. Those too retarded to buy a entry-level DSLR for ~$300 will buy a Sony Z4/Z5 phone for the camera it has. Then they set the ISO, exposure and whatnot to get the best photo they can. Then those brain dead pay $1000 for an iPhone because they think it has a good camera, which you can't even control the ISO on.

Get the S7
It's the only one I've seen survive after being dunked inside a recently boiled water

Looks like it. I seriously hope you're not planning to use the belt clip, though.

s7 looks good, but it's so fucking expensive. Maybe we will see a decent drop in price on the prime monday of amazon

i wouldn't expect much, prime day has always sucked donkey balls

eh, that's true.

i'm not
thanks

Cheap smartphone?

Talking the basics, nothing special. It's just a second emergency phone that's all

Is this a good benchmark for the redmi note 2?

Thinking of getting the Oukitel K10000; anyone here got one?

It's literal chinkshit

Have you got one? The battery life seems like an attractive feature.

see