Are mechanical keyboards a meme?

Are mechanical keyboards a meme?

Pic related:
>Expensive hardware
>top tier peripherals and
>multiples of the same kind (joysticks, headsets)

And the fucking keyboard is a thing using archaic tech that is bulky, hard to produce, and maintain. Only gamers have been using such keyboards after the 00's and even pro-gamers use Dome-switch.

Other urls found in this thread:

csgoguru.com/pro-gear-astralis/
play.typeracer.com/?rt=1jikogw5qzx51
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

More from plebbit

Nah.

We just enjoy the look and feel of our stuff, and a custom built piece of hardware that we use for everything is worth some time and money.

Mostly a meme, there's only few games/scenarios where regular keyboards actually result in hindered performance.

Mechanical keyboards are great for longevity. Every computer kiosk, machine shop, or anywhere a computer is used in a environment where noise is unimportant with a keyboard has a rubber dome. They are always worn out, the awful key labels worn off, and barely functional if at all.

Anyone who uses a keyboard for long periods of time whether it be typing or data entry knows how fast rubber domes wear out. They wear out long before they actually break so no one wants to replace them. You are stuck with some mushy piece of shit for months before it gives up the ghost.

Not gonna lie that looks cool as fuck. It's got a cel shading effect going on.

>And the fucking keyboard is a thing using archaic tech that is bulky
thin != quality, enjoy you iSheep 7plus with no jack, retard.
>hard to produce
Same goes for almost every high quality products. Note that I don't say luxury products as they often are snake oil for rich shit eaters.
>and maintain
uwat? you can customize everything with a mechanical keyboard. They are easy to clean too.
>pro-gamers use Dome-switch.
Bullshit, you won't see anything else than mechanical keyboards.
When you want to make a living of progaming, you need a good and reliable keyboard, so you go mechanical.
>inb4 counter example screenshots
There is always a counter example, some dota players play with trackball, they still are a minority.

Only downside of mechanical is the sound, in a open space, it's not a good idea as you may disturb the others.

I prefer the look of a 2kg mastodonte, ready to shit post for the next 20 years than a $5 cheap thin manlet keyboard, ready to break whenever you want to clean it.

can you hold both SHIFT keys and type
THE BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG

psssh
didn't think so

Mechanical keyboards costing $100+ with special keycaps, niche switches and form factors are indeed a meme.

But a plain keyboard with some Cherry MX Blues is a considerable improvement over rubber domes, and can be had for like $30 (Cherry G80). More comfortable to type on but there isn't any improvement in typing speed. It's just about preference.

Fucking hell

Blues are the light tactile switches, right? Might have to order that. I type heavily and kill rubber domes to where theyre just as loud if not louder than a mechanical anyways. Want that smooth tactile feel.

Pro gamers use dome-switch exclusively unless there's a sponshorships. In such scenarios dome-switch keyboards can be reskinned to look like the equivalent mechanical one.

The unreliability of MX keys is simply unacceptable for pro gaming. I've won several tourneys and know this from personal experience. Everyone avoided mechanical keyboards like the plague. Sorry to tell you user, but you fell for the meme perpetuated by false advertising. I mean seriously, 10$ DS keyboards are better than the most expensive mechanical one (produced after 2000 and targeted to gamers people you).

ayy running a k70 here with cherry blues

they're a stupid fucking meme

but i've got three of them and i can't stop buying them someone help me

>unreliability of MX keys
>I've won several
can't tell if talking out of your ass, or you genuinely believe this
maybe some like, facts with your opinion would be cool

Couldn't tell you
All I know is the sound of any and all Cherry MXs being released makes me gag

I have yet to see someone who had a problem with mechanical keyboards, I have yet to see a pro-gamer having a game breaker problem with his keyboard, atleast in cs go and sc2 which are the only scene I follow.
I've never try razer and steelseries keyboards and I wouldn't be surprise if the problem was on their end instead of Cherry.
>I've won several tourneys and know this from personal experience.
It does not add any credibility in your arguments, your momo lans in your mom's basement don't count.

Top tier pro gaymen keyboard
Hard wearing for a rubber dome
Only downside is the numberpad

>autism.jpg

used one of those before
spongy as fuck, literal trash

I can see there only one joystick and a thrust controller. Both come in 1 set. Both are used simultaneously in flight simylators.
My brother have the same thingy.

Literaly everyone in the pro-gaming scene avoids MKs like the plague. It's not worth it for me to tell you who I am but if you're in a country with a pro scene it's easy for you to confirm this on your own by getting out of your basement and using your eysight.

The shit you see on the internet about what KB pros use is all astroturfing and sponsorships.

>people question credibility of someone making claims about pro gamers while providing no credibility or evidence of their own
Never changes.

All of you are fucking fags and most gaming teams I've seen on streams and in tournaments do not use mechanical keyboards. This is from league, cod4, and as far back as medal of honor tourneys. The added resistance slows down keystrokes when performing things that require ms reaction times.

The point of a mech is it feels good to type on. You don't have to get a large one. I have one of these RGB80s. It was the best value I could find on something with Blues.

I've been eyeing one of the filcos. They seem to be non epicgaming and sturdy. Expensive as hell with shipping, even without.

I like the idea of my keyboard lasting millions of key press but inside I know that in 3-5 years I'm going to spill an entire glass of red wine on the keyboard and likely ruin it....

KBs aren't good for that either. MX switches are about the most sensitive thing you'd find in any kind of keyboard. Springs lose their flexibility with some months of use and replacements are so expensive that you'd better off buying an entirely new keyboard unless you'd gotten used to dealing with key slowness.

>It's not worth it for me to tell you who I am but if you're in a country with a pro scene it's easy for you to confirm this on your own by getting out of your basement and using your eysight.
ho boy dat damage control.
You're not a pro gamer and you never was, you just read somewhere a "big boy of da esport" talking shit about mechanicals and now you're spouting non-sense without any arguments.
>Literaly everyone in the pro-gaming scene avoids MKs like the plague
Why? tell us something more specify than
>The unreliability of MX keys is simply unacceptable for pro gaming.
What is unreliable? the switches break by themselves, the responsiveness is bad, they can't handle your rage when kevin 13yo rape yo ass?
ATM, I'm looking for proofs as it is unusual to hear that, for now I can't find any. I'm not part of le sekrit esport club sadly...

Where is your proof that they do use mechanicals?

>Are mechanical keyboards a meme?

It took you a while.

>multiples of the same kind (joysticks, headsets)
>joysticks
Donkey brains much?

>multiple GAYMUN headsets
>meme resolution monitor
>LED fans in case
>case right next to monitor when there is clearly enough space underneath the desk
>windows start button customized to a skull
>reddit
>literally all tabs are subreddits

yeah, chances are whatever this guy uses is a "meme"

I went to Dreamhack twice (as a spectator) and all I saw was mechanical keyboards, on the main stage where the cameras are and behind the walls where most of the matches are played.
Meanwhile in the BYOD zone, I must admit that I saw a lot of traditionnals and chiclet keyboards (on laptop).
On streams, most of them, even the streamers without teams.
When you need responsiveness, mechanicals are unrivaled.

It's a meme if you buy one without trying one first, IMO.

After trying both a mkb and a 2016 Dell chicklet keyboard (KB216p), I found that I liked a nice-feeling chicklet keyboard with enough resistance and key comfort over a mkb.

For me it was about key travel and my speed of typing. With the mkb I liked the tactile feel but it felt like typing in quicksand.

>you state a personal experience
Then why is the other fags experience showing the opposite "bullshit"?

I really don't give a fuck either way, but you get what I'm saying here right?

It is the 12454684 thread where we write the same arguments for mechanicals
and as usual the negationist comes out saying it's shit but won't say why because he doesn't have to.
We've got shit load of examples saying the exact opposite, YOU have to prove us mechanicals are shit.

I got one for full NKRO support. It's lasted a long time actually. Need to clean off the keycaps, they're looking shitty.

Yeah, the guy poured alcohol on the keys so it looked like that.

>$30

lol, what

In all seriousness, I can't find one for less than $80, but I'm sure there's cheaper ones out there. You can even get something like a Redragon K552 for only $40, if you don't mind having Outemu Blue switches.

>$30 logitech gaymer headshit
>Saitek '60 degrees in a circle' HOTAS
People disgust me.

Look at literally any relevant game.

Csgo dota league sc.

You can often see their keyboards on stream. And they are always machs.

Even pro player personal streams they only use mechs.

Jesus youre fucking delusional. What torneys you won? Some farmvile shit? You literally have no idea what youre talking about

Pure alchohol, which also ruins the sourface.

Utterly unacceptable.

I like them for aesthetic reasons. The look, the sound, the weight, the feedback.

And just to add on to what I said.

you bring up that the only reason pros use MKs is because of sponsors

See: Astralis

They don't have hardware Sponsors
yet EVERY member on their team uses MKs

csgoguru.com/pro-gear-astralis/

Also see: Team Secret

Every member on their Dota2 and CSGO teams only use Mks
jesus youre a fucking retard.

Is this any good?

Ali express has alot of chink shit MKs

and DESU they are pretty good.

>Are mechanical keyboards a meme?
No, they have great tactile feedback. And the RGBs are fucking dope

Yes.
There are some autistic newfags here, that fell for it and are so into the meme they don't even realize it if you tell them. They are going to spout
>hurr durr rubber domes
>herpaderp cherry mx switches
>dem feels
when they actually just want to deny their newfaggotry

>They don't have hardware Sponsors

That's what they'd like you to believe. Falling for the meme eternally.

>Oh no someone answered me with facts
>D-d-d-damage control

Nice counter argument.

Fucking mong.

That's how sponsorships work. You, the consumer, don't have to know it's a sponsorship. It's more effective that way.
>facts
The above is a fact too, fucking moron .

OP claims to have expensive hardware but uses that cheap shit LG monitor that isn't even 1440p. Fag Alert!

I think that the image is from plebbit.

Yes, mechanical keyboards are for people too POOR to buy real keyboards :^)

>That's how sponsorships work. You, the consumer, don't have to know it's a sponsorship. It's more effective that way.

thats why nearly every team jersy is plastered with sponsors

Jesus you are a complete retard

And just because I enjoy shitting on you this hard.

If you check the current TOP 10 CSGO teams.

There is ONE person not using a MK

"Literaly everyone in the pro-gaming scene avoids MKs like the plague"

O K A Y, just because you don't use something doesn't mean everyone else doesn't use them as well.

I hope they test you before they let you procreate

It's a meme, but heck your opinion is shit. There are shit load of youtubers using MK without a sponsor.
On the other hand, pewdiepie, who have tons of sponsors, still uses a membrance kb, just because of the noise

>we
>us
Tip that fedora.

>spurging out
>thinks everyone is the same person
>shitting on you
>you
???

he is right tho...

I spilled some wine in my keyboard and was able to pull the affected switches and clean it out.

>springs
>expensive
wut? you can buy a hundred actually motherfucking gold springs for $20

>he is right tho...
About what?

Oh good. should I mark this as multiple arguments won?

There shouldn't be this many retards on Sup Forums

I'm right about Pro Gamers using MKs

only ignorance would stop you believing all the proof.

I saw that thread. That picture is a guy who dropped out of college to "get into coding JavaScript." kek.

its not true that all of them use mechanical keyboards, for example kuroky on team liquid uses not only a rubber dome, but a low profile rubber dome similar to a laptop keyboard, there are also multiple chinese players that use similar keyboards though i dont know the names off the top of my head.

>gaymers plz

the whole point of developing better tech is gaming you fucking idiot

Fuck up idiot. He used pro gamers as a form of evidence I merely responded.

If you have nothing of value to add

All I did was ask you what you were basing yourself off of, autist. I wasn't arguing with you nor do I give a fuck what pro gamers use.

I'm the guy that said you were trying to shoot down someone with essentially the same evidence only reversed while providing no actual proof. You provided a small sample, he provided a small sample. At this point it still appears that it's preference so both of you are in the same spot once again.

I like how you think that you are "winning something".

kek, gaymers are just the source of consumer dollars so that the menfolk can do actually cool shit.

user I'm not an Apple Genius or a Geek Squad technician but I think that might have been satire.

I am not the person that gave the Dreamhack response.

anecdotal evidence is stupid

hence why I listed the TOP 10 CSGO teams as a form of evidence

No, they're simply for different preferences.
>a device you use hours a day, day after day, for years
>not spending $100 or so for one that you prefer to use

If you use a dome keyboard in 2016 you might have autism

gaymers subsidize R&D for tech that ends up in the massive parallel compute clusters that are doing gene sequencing, protein modeling, climate modeling, etc. etc.

Well nigga, I never provided any evidence I just asked why that dude was shooting down the other one when they were saying the same shit essentially.

No need to fucking spurg on me like you just caught me fucking my sister or something.

The gamer niche keyboards with all these stupid little features that ups the price are pretty much a meme. I rarely game like I use to back in highschool, but I do a lot of typing because of college courses and work. Within 6 months I found my self constantly buying a new keyboard because I've killed the rubber in them. Tomoko makes a decent little tkl keyboard if you can sacrifice giving up your number pad, or don't even use it, it's not big and bulky, but it has cherry blue clones in them and it feels amazing to type on.

I suggest you find out by yourself by comparing the cherry browns, red, blues etc. by ordering one of them each.

You can send them back then of course.
It's what I did and no regrets so far, even kept them.

I'm sorry, OP the stupid idiot T I L T E D me into oblivion

>added resistance

Someone please respond to this with a confused wtf reaction image

Can someone recommend me good rubber dome I'm sick of the meme

any of you fucking homosexual fagits who think mechanical keyboards are a meme,

race me cucks

>Apple

Apple's scissor switches are better than any Cherry switch I've ever used. The only thing that trumps them are buckling springs. Can't speak for the butterfly switches though, but I've heard they're abysmal.

IF U WANT 2 RACE GO HERE

SEE
i will still rekt u with that keyboard

Dear Christ no. Out of everything on my computer, my keyboard gives me the least buyer's remorse. Every time I hear the clickity clack of Cherry MX Blue keys I start cumming from how h4x0r I feel.

ew what the fuck

sounds like a waste of money desu. maybe if i was a lot younger id be into that shit

>tfw no tkl mech with trackpoint
60% doesnt count

Lmao that damage control, I guess admitting you flushed more than a hundred dollars for a meme piece of shit tech is a hard pill to swallow.

>it's hard to understand how mechanical switches have more resistance than a rubber dome

IF YOU DIDN'T LITERALLY IMPORT A TOPRE-SWITCHED HHKB FROM JAPAN YET ARE YOU SURE YOU SHOULD BE POSTING?

>ywn get to have sex with the apple wireless keyboard

We've replaced all of these in the office within a year. I'm not saying mech aren't a meme, but anyone who can actually type uses them.

>coworker finds old ibm model m in his attic
>knows i want one
>gives it to me as a gift
Second best keyboard i've used so far. The best one is a mechanical one i got my dad for his birthday, but that was like 100$ and my model m does just fine.

Buckling springs are glorious

nice dildo