Intrusive DRM

>intrusive DRM
>track everything you do and watch and for how long and share with third parties
>terrible, lacking selection
>no HD playback via browser
>content providers don't allow HD for PC, only via shitty apps
>other content not even provided in HD regardless (e.g. abysmal DVD source when BDs exist)
>dumbed-down default controls for the retards who "netflix n chill"
>click & play literally its only marketable feature
Why do people used this piece of shit again?

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/netflix.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

stallman.org/netflix.html

1.Cheaper than cable.
2.Video on demand with pause, rewind, etc.
3. Good pretext to "chill" with OP's mom.

>not using kodi

You can get HD in browser.

But 1080p is only available through Microsoft® Edge® on Windows® 10® (and IE on Win8, but shhh)

Got any evidence for those claims?

Because they don't know better

A friend once asked me to watch a video with her, that she was going to display on her computer using Netflix. I declined, saying that Netflix was such a threat to freedom that I felt uncomfortable with promoting its use in this way.

Back in my day we had to mail dvds back and worth.

Why the fuck do I need Netflix when I have HDBits? Plus I enjoy nothing on Netflix anyway

>Why do people used this piece of shit again?
But I don't :^) Most people don't either

>not being established on private trackers
>not using kodi/plex and streaming it on your TV

>I was alive in 2007
>look at how much of an oldfag I am

Go

>not just hooking up your projector to your computer and watching remuxes.

streamkiddie pls go

>private trackers
i once was 12 y/o too

Like 99% of subscribers it's too cheap to give a fuck.

>intrusive DRM
Nothing fucking intrusive about it.

>track everything you do and watch and for how long and share with third parties
Well duh, you stupid motherfucker, what did you think would happen when you purchased something from some company in today's world?

>terrible, lacking selection
That's the fault of the movie and TV studios restricting what Netflix can license, you stupid motherfucker.

Works fine for me, always has.

As noted, that's not because of Netflix which doesn't own the content except the stuff they create themselves (and works fine in HD in a browser).

>other content not even provided in HD
regardless (e.g. abysmal DVD source when BDs exist)
And again, you stupid motherfucker, it's not Netflix that actually has any control over that - the studios limit what they can and can't show based on licensing.

Like you need anything more than Play/Stop buttons to watch a god damned stream, you stupid motherfucker.

>click & play literally its only marketable feature
You stupid motherfucker, what were you expecting from a view-on-demand streaming video service?

>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

You forgot:

> Uses made-for-service pressed dvd's with removed bonus features.
> CEO is a horrible human being.
> Horrible selection that's constantly cycled yet some films have been there since the day they switched on the servers.

i get that netflix is bad but it's seems a lesser evil compared with american cable companies

> Uses made-for-service pressed dvd's with removed bonus features.
Like anyone gives a fuck.

> CEO is a horrible human being.
Welcome to the party, pal.

> Horrible selection that's constantly cycled yet some films have been there since the day they switched on the servers.
And again, Netflix is not the one in control, the movie and TV studios are.

>Giving hollyjew your moneys

>Video on demand with pause, rewind, etc
Amazing. Truly the future, I'm impressed.
>You can get HD in browser
For Netflix originals and some others, but content providers like Sony restrict HD to apps.
For what? DRM goes without saying, can't access video without it.

Privacy policy states they share user data with their content providers and other third-parties.

And I tried watching an old movie and it was an terrible SD source, so bad that you could barely discern the opening credits. Manually overriding the stream bitrate maxed it out at 740 kbps. Meanwhile, there's a crystal-clear BD out there, but Netflix offers this crap instead.

>i'm anally raped on a daily basis and i'm proud of it. the post. motherfucker

Yeah I'm not even sure if they still offer dvds or not but pissed me off quite a bit when I first tried it.

The other end of the issue is retarded release groups that keep third world language tracks but drop the commentary.

>pay 10€ a month for ul.to account/VPN for torrent
>download anything I want in 1080p
>save and play forever on any device that supports H.264
wew lad that was hard

>>pay 10€ a month for ul.to account/VPN for torrent
>living in cuckland

DVS are still very much a part of netflix

you can actually get new releases.

if you're not getting DVDs you're not getting much use out of netflix

Since Netflix is hardly popular in my country (probably because it's not available natively in it) I have a theory about the whole "netflix and chill" meme being yet another very successful marketing campaign like the diamond engagement ring

So it's a piece of shit and not worth paying for, much less wasting your time with? I mean, I've had this for months now and am yet to watch a single movie on it, because it's just that useless as a service.
>Nothing fucking intrusive about it
>nothing intrusive having to run proprietary decryption and content protecting modules for content you're paying for
>nothing intrusive about having your every click and minute watched tracked, aggregated and sent to third parties
>nothing wrong with the company doing everything it can to secure more licensing at the sole expense of its users
>profiting not only from the users money, but from the data of the users itself
Netflix is at fault for basing their business model around this and tricking their customers.

>Needing a Vpn to torrent
America the land of the free!

I put my money towards usenet service. This mixed with plex, sonarr, sab, and couch. I have no other entertainment needs.

>being freetard

Because I'm not a NEET and I leave my house and Netflix syncs where I'm at across all my devices

So then how did you Netflix and chill?

>€

$1.00 has been deposited into your bank account.

What should I use then, faggot?

Is he ever wrong? That's the proper way to respond. Not to mention that there's few things more obnoxious than watching a shitty flick with other people; film should be studied, meditated upon, savoured, and not consumed like some trite social outlet.

>not torrenting movies and chinese cartoons to your computer.

This nigga doesn't even realize that Netflix is only good for streaming on your bideo game console.

Doesn't matter to me, only streaming app I use for my Vita and PS3 is Crunchyroll. I used to be subbed to Hulu, but I quit last week after they purged a vast majority of their anime library. Now I have to resort to Kissanime for my ancient chinese cartoons.

I torrent some movies, but that's getting rare now.

I buy almost all my media on DVD because blurays can't be decrypted 100% with free software, so I don't spend the money on a player for them.

Not to mention that there are still bunchs of anime and old movies that suffer from terrible quality loss in being stretched and upscaled for bluray release.

>streaming anime
>streaming old, grain-heavy shows

actually germany sadly

>That's the proper way to respond
if you're autistic

Thank you. Read my mind. Kids ruined the Internet.

>I can't get anything when I feel like it, closed library
>no offline
That's enough for me to not even consider it an option.

This isn't true, you get 1080p with Edge

Also to answer your question I use it because it's $12 with up to 4 streaming screens simultaneously. My family share an account so it ends up being practically free ($3 a month each). Why would people NOT subscribe at that price? Even if you watch like one item a month it's still good value.

>his isn't true, you get 1080p with Edge
>having to use proprietary garbage to access HD video.
I can get that with torrents or bluray.

>I can just stream everything!

When will the streaming meme end?

Yes but torrents are immoral and bluray is expensive.

This is the part where you suggest alternatives... Not even trolling, if you dislike it i supoose you like another company that provides similar but better services.

>That's the fault of the movie and TV studios restricting what Netflix can license
It's funny because you're probably one of the same shills who says Linux sucks because it "has no apps," even though that's the fault of software developers restricting which programs can be ported

>had this for months now and am yet to watch a single movie on it
So you paid for it and didn't used it? Uh, that's pretty stupid of you.

>A friend once asked me to watch a video with her that she was going to display on her computer using Netflix. I declined, saying that Netflix was such a threat to freedom that I felt uncomfortable with promoting its use in this way.
Stallman literally doesn't give a fuck.

popcorn time

Linux sucks because Linux sucks. Nothing can make it worse and nothing can make it better - I've used it since the days when Linus first released code, then Slackware 1.0 (the original distro) and multiple times since and it's just shit now like it always has been.

If you love shit, then Linux is for you, you fucking scat lover.

Cable TV sucks and the wiiu app is way better than amazons.

Good argument.

Can be used to recommend you shit. Not every kind of tracking is bad.

Exactly how it should be. You're not working on a project, you're watching a shitty movie/series, so it should be as simple as possible.

Anti piracy propaganda working. Also it's simple, I guess. Never touched it. The idea to pay for media makes me cringe.

The quality is perfectly adequate, whether it's 480p or 4k will barely affect the enjoyment unless you're some spoiled kid.

>enjoyment
It's not about your childish notions of "fun", it's about experiences the film as the filmmakers intended, as art should be. It might be enough for your cheap flicks, but then your opinion is irreverent.
>perfectly adequate
>worst than an upscaled dvd
>cropped

>it's about experiences the film as the filmmakers intended
Hope you have a home theater then; not like you're going to find filmmakers who have any vision beyond making big bucks.

>worst than an upscaled dvd
But way better than VHS which was fucking fine for 3 decades.

blurays are getting cheaper and the free software to make decryption of all blurays easier is getting better. But I'll bet you think it's immoral to break encryption of something you own?

>intrusive DRM
>intrusive
You don't know the meaning of the word intrusive if you think Netflix uses intrusive DRM.

>nothing intrusive having to run proprietary decryption and content protecting modules for content you're paying for
No, there isn't, because it either runs isolated in the browser or isolated in the app.

Your other "intrusive' complaint has fuck all to do with DRM. You want to look at intrusive DRM, go look at the DRM that game companies have used like SecuROM or StarForce.

What Netflix does isn't even remotely intrusive, it's completely seamless. It's DRM, yes, but not intrusive by anyone's definition who isn't autistic and/or retarded.

Normies Reeee: A Sup Forums Story

I'm sorry you have no friends

>YIFY Time

It's easier than pirating, seriously

Also don't forget about the internet. You shouldn't use the internet because it is a botnet. Additionally, your ISP tracks everything you do.

GASP

>underrated post

Pirating got extremely easy the last decade though.
Bet even my 4yo nephew could do it.
Too bad the newest generation just watches youtube recordings of game players all day and nothing else.

When are you people going to learn that all of the software that turns a web browser into a media play sucks? HTML5 just sucks the less. Media players for media and web browsers for browsing the web.

Get out of here Vwestlife.

You are just poor.

I tend to prefer torrenting for movies but unfortunately live action shows don't compress nicely like anime, which means torrenting any show longer than a season or two in a decent quality means having to contend with shit eating up hundreds of gigs of disk space. I tried torrenting the HD remaster of Star Trek: TNG recently and gave up after the first season because it's so fucking huge. Way easier to pop open netflix on my TV and watch it that way.

it started organically, i promise. somebody coined a phrase that captured what everyone was already doing 》it stuck

stallman literally too autistic for netflix and chill