/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UiUeEuVBfXY
ebay.com/itm/vintage-russian-watch-luch-quartz-soviet-ussr-mens/262483957698
youtu.be/FZYNB3eZSVY
ebay.com/itm/Bulova-Accutron-Spaceview-M8-Cal-214-Big-Insert-Working-Great-S-Steel-/401143705286?hash=item5d66072ec6:g:MrMAAOSwUuhXcHLu
ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Seiko-LM-LordMatic-5606-6040-Automatic-GREEN-DIAL-KANJI-Japan-1972-/111975358217?hash=item1a12405f09:g:l9oAAOSwiYFXGOmM
seiyajapan.com/collections/casio/products/g-gw-5000-1jf
seiyajapan.com/products/casio-g-shock-gb-5600b-1jf-bluetooth-v4-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for Nineball is a faggot

Quick, post qt JDM pieces the digi digi shills start shitting up the thread.

3rd for nineball has actual diagnosable autism

What an exclusive set of Creative speakers. Any pair of my running socks cost more than those and I dont even run.

No argument on that one, they are pretty terrible but you don't throw away gifts.

Nor do i really use them, i got a HD650, 598 and a spare 439.

Detroit Watch Company and Niall are assembled in America and Keaton P Myrick is an independent who makes as much as he possibly can in-house by himself just to name a few. youtube.com/watch?v=UiUeEuVBfXY

Thats cool then. My current pair of headphones is taped together (Denon D5000) and my genelecs and bowers/wilkins sub are just background noise to drown out loneliness.

8th for vintage meme Seikos

Long live the 5216

Well i'm in the process of moving and i'm likely going to get a pair of decent bookshelf speakers for my workstation since i'm going to have a lot more space for them.

Guess i'll stick those onto the soon to be added kitchen PC/Raspi etc.

he beat you to it.
he got the first post.

>not using your raspberry pi to directly flash BIOS chips.

Who else /cozy/ here

Got this Casio Vintage today, 29 Euro

*yawns*

>Hey is that a Vostok?
>Yeah.
>I've been meaning to get one of those, they're great watches.
This literally happened today. I was fucking stunned that some irl stranger recognized my autistic wrist vape.

Truth be told this was at the place they change overpriced batteries for adult babies/scratch your caseback/seal your watch without giving a shit about the worn-out gasket, AKA the watch repair shop. I work there.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

>leather on water
>not even a diver either

can I get the battery in my solar gshock replaced? will the average watch shop do this

>he fell for the solar g-shock meme

>make a fine watch
OK, why not run with this.

Your country is about to go (back?) to the Moon! What will the astronauts need from a moon watch?

Be creative!

The fuck is this?

>grey suit
>brown strap
>not steel grey dial orient or platinum Vacheron on a custom grey gator strap

Why would you wear that kayaking? Shit dude, I wear some beater Adidas digital watch for watersports, not any of my leather strapped watches

Solar watches have capacitators, not batteries and they cost quite some to replace aside from being significantly more difficult to replace.
You got memed.

>monochrome accessories
Your suggestion works if you're going full monochrome and wearing gray/black belt and shoes and white/gray shirt. Otherwise brown is the way to go, especially if you're wearing blue somewhere, imo.

On the other hand, that'll look great with black suit and white shirt. The gray will match the black and white in the sleeves, but not be buried in a sea of gray.

DW5600 with an anodized aluminium case and oil submerged A660 based movement .

Remember the Autodromo Group B from earlier this year? None of us got it because of the price. Now for $30 you can have something that looks kinda similar.

ebay.com/itm/vintage-russian-watch-luch-quartz-soviet-ussr-mens/262483957698

Time, Chronograph, lume

>creative
All fully mechanical including an alarm function.

Not a watch many have made. Fortis has made mechanical alarm chronos. Could use a re-design for legibility.

You never get any (You)s, so here you go.

hours in ms paint

I'd also make all the chronograph hands one color, a separate color from all running hands.

Also thin the hands and then fill with lume.

How much is the cost exactly?

I was literally just about to buy a multiband solar g shock, but you've stopped me.

>What is Google?

Trying this baby out for the first time.

2big4u

The band makes it a bit bulky.

You can do it yourself. I originally got this thing around '03 and replaced the dead battery and the strap myself a little while back. First solar atomic G-Shock from what I remember.

xD

youtu.be/FZYNB3eZSVY

trying so hard it hurts

Kind of reminds me of (you).

I put forth no effort on you faggots.

If that was true you'd stop coming here. Go ahead and prove me wrong.

Pls don't bully but is that one of those ~$10 bracelets? If so how is it?

>If that was true you'd stop coming here.
That's not how words work

>Myrick
>small seconds 3 hands
>18000 bph
>hand wind
>stainless case
>21,000

I am sure they are fine pieces but I'm not dropping that kind of scratch on a watch for those specs. then again Ito might be comparable to a royal oak or calatrava, I'm not super familiar with that price range because I am a poor cunt that has no room to complain about something like this.

if I came into money I might buy one just to support a genuine American watchmaker

Bronze age with a custom italic 0.9

Actually it is. Got any more ad hominems? I'm sure you do. You put forth so much effort in order to think you're right.

Yay or nay?
ebay.com/itm/Bulova-Accutron-Spaceview-M8-Cal-214-Big-Insert-Working-Great-S-Steel-/401143705286?hash=item5d66072ec6:g:MrMAAOSwUuhXcHLu

That is the stock bracelet. Don't really know how much it would cost on its own. Maybe more than average since I think it has a 23mm width.
I can't really comment on how it compares to other metal bracelets, since I dislike them swap out for nato or leather as soon as possible.

If I come into money i'd get an RGM for sure. Weiss watch is much more reasonable price-wise, and they manufacture everything in the US except the movement (Unitas imported in parts and assembled/modified in the US). They just announced that they're developing an in- house movement, however. But I expect the price to shoot up accordingly (currently $900-$1,500).

Okay I mistook it for something else. Thanks anyway.

>Actually it is.
It isn't, try reading it again.

>ad hominems
You also do not know what that means

It says 100% authentic, but shouldn't it have printing on the crystal? And shouldn't it have lume?

Maybe an accutron enthusiast can tell you if it's real.

They use a recharagable battery you mongoloid.
Look you model up on pacparts and it'll have the battery listed. You replace it like normal but make sure you short out the board.

ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Seiko-LM-LordMatic-5606-6040-Automatic-GREEN-DIAL-KANJI-Japan-1972-/111975358217?hash=item1a12405f09:g:l9oAAOSwiYFXGOmM

Can you buy a LM any cheaper?

On sale

The movement/case is probably real. The chapter ring, hands, bracelet, and probably the crystal aren't original. The movement does look dirty as shit, which means it could use a servicing. I'd avoid it if I were you.

shit

Repetition is another basic fallacy. Godspeed, ninefag.

Nice child's toy in the background to go with your child's watch.

Bruv

>fallacy
It keeps happening.

What is your first language?

(Sidenote: Also insanity)

> 60 to 80 seconds a day

To stop retards from memeing again
Casio solar watches use a standardized rechargeable battery that can be replaced if needed
They will NOT need a cap or any actual modification, unless there's water damage
If you keep the battery on medium or high throughout it's life it'll last longer, generally batteries should be fine for at least 10 years. Tough Solar watches charge under any kind of light, so just don't keep it in a drawer or something and it should be fine.

Anyone interested in buying an Alpha Chronograph?
The movement has never been opened and ruNs at +20 a day consistently. Could probably be regulated further.
It's in good condition other than a small crack in the acrylic.
New it's 220 from their site. How about $60?

gibmi 3 reasons for upgrade from this

This is a pretty worthy upgrade imo, especially on a bracelet.

Wish mine came with a working battery. Sending it back tomorrow for a refund.

Did you buy it from amazon?
It might be quicker to just pop in a new battery. It uses standard screws and everything. Batteries are like a buck in bulk
I would say to buy another one if you're still gonna return it, it's a pretty great watch

Here's another pic

I definitely will.

The manual says 3-year battery though, kind of worries me. Looking at the gshock 5610 too.

>Trying to sucker innocent /wt/ anons into buying your wannabe dogshit
Nice try.

The 5610 is a great watch, but I would reccomend saving up for the gw5000. It's a better watch in every possible way.
I'm selliling it for less than a 3rd of the price, and my example has an excellent movement.
All it really needs is a crystal replacement.
Hardly trying to sucker anyone user.

Crystal was dirty in that pic. Oops

love titanium watches

one of these will be my next watch. what's /wt/'s opinion?

A vintage GMT master with cool patina.

Or the explorer ii

Which one should I get?

seiyajapan.com/collections/casio/products/g-gw-5000-1jf

seiyajapan.com/products/casio-g-shock-gb-5600b-1jf-bluetooth-v4-0

You should buy an Explorer 1 instead because it's objectively the best Rolex.

gw-5000. no question.

Was just about to post it. I think a gmt is a close second though

I do love the Exlorer 1. Especially the newer one w/ lumed 3 & 9, but I really want a rolex GMT watch.
I already have watches that fit the explorer 1's role (pic related)

This user gets it.

>mfw Sup Forums didn't get any good watches in the mail while I've been gone

I love you, I'm goin to order one and see if I can mod it to have orange hands.
The size is perfect for me tho.

what is Sup Forums's opinion of seiko's sbdc039?

I'm kind of interested. Will talk more about it in 3 hours

Left one

Sure thing bro

On another note, what do you guys thing of the GS divers?
Comprable to a sub?

I saw this Seiko while I was with my girlfriend at the mall today. Unfortunately the watch counter faggot fucked off and we had somewhere to go, so I couldn't examine it closely, but I was wondering if /wt/ knew what it was. The hooded lugs, barrel case and two-tone dial look like a Lord Matic and a Tissot Seastar mated and had a child.

Fucking phones and portrait photos, I swear...

Longshot, but if anyone is willing to sell a broken accutron astronaut I'll pay for it. If you're willing to part out the bezel I'll also pay- lost my bezel a couple years ago and I've been searching since

Bump in desperation

this. and remove those bullbars. they will damage the resin.

Comparable. ....yes i think so

I can't quite make it the model it looks like 7*16 I'm unsure about the asterisk but i would guess is a 7016 model.
Looks nice though.
08/10 would wear
How much did they have on it? Or did you not see a price