Skynet begins

youtube.com/watch?v=5TjbqVartjM

nytimes.com/2016/07/01/business/self-driving-tesla-fatal-crash-investigation.html

this is the guy who's car killed him.

Other urls found in this thread:

teslamotors.com/blog/tragic-loss
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wasn't he killed by the truck that pulled in front of him, less so by his own car?

It just works!

The autopilot didn't decelerate because it was sunny and the truck was white.

looks like they need to do some more testing jesus fuck

Ban white cars #BLM

Ahh so OPs article is already outdated. Cool.

>teslamotors.com/blog/tragic-loss

Fucking white cars should check their privilege.

>this is the guy who's car killed him.

No, this is the guy who is to fucking stupid to understand the statement he agreed upon as he was engaging the auto pilot. The driver is still in control of the car and it also constantly reminds the drive to actually be in control. Just because I set my cruise at 60 mph on a stretch, I can't lean back and relax.

Serious question: Why can't white people drive?

>why can't white people drive
nigga have you seen chinese dash cams?

We buy niggers to drive for us.

Because we only get a warning or get bailed out by our fathers.

A bit of a side note but who in their right mind would choose to beta test a feature in their car that if it fails, could possibly kill them?

These driving aids make me nervous as fuck. I commute 2+ hours a day on some of the nation's busiest highways. I used to drive 4 hours a day.

The manufacturers can make it perfectly clear this is a driving aid and not an autopilot but people will still try to use it as such. I don't trust people. I've never been in an accident or even had a ticket but I drive like a god damn robot. The way other people drive honestly scares the shit out of me. And it should. I've almost wrecked a few times going over 60, the only reason I'm not dead or paralyzed is I was paying the fuck attention and made evasive maneuvers at just the right second.

I don't like saying any technology should be illegal but this stuff is going to be abused and it's going to get people killed.

The only driving aids I can get behind are vision enhancements and alerts. I'd like a fucking blowhorn to go off in both cars when some shithead is about to plow into me.

>i acknowledge people are fucking retards and cant drive for shit
>i rather trust them than an ai that makes an order of magnitude fewer mistakes

ok

Not him, but the AI at this point is not something that you can fully rely on. Tesla makes this very clear in their material, it's a driver aid.
These driver aids make people less alert, cause them to pay less attention to the road because "the driver aids will take care of it".
This in turn encourages dangerous behavior, which will lead to more driver aids to prevent accidents, caused by drivers that aren't paying attention.

It's a vicious cycle, and a scary as fuck one at that.

Fully driverless roadways would still be safer than the clusterfuck that we have now where any 70 IQ nignog can plop down $20 and get a license.

This is exactly why we need to either:
1. Raise the min age for a drivers license to 25.
2. Make it significantly harder to get a license. Make it a graduated program. Say 2 years under a Learners license where any violation = 3 point on license + substantial fine. Reduced speed and only driving during daylight only. Then 2 years under a Novice license, where any violation = 2 points on license + moderate fine. And then finally a full license, where any violation = 1 point. btw 7 points total = license revoked for 5 years.
3. Dismantle personal vehicle ownership entirely and put all the money required for all the bullshit personal vehicle ownership entails into nationwide mass transit solutions that will make our society several times better than stupid people driving death machines.

Or just simplify it the way Germany does and make the license $3000 so retards take it seriously and respect the privilege of having a license.

>hitler was right all along

Self driving cars don't have to be 100 percent safe, they just have to be SAFER than human drivers. Even at this early state Tesla Autopilot is without a doubt much safer than a human driver.

>who's
whose

This is only the beginning. Now the AI have a taste for blood.

this desu senpai

I've never had an accident in my life after 12 years of driving. Always keep my distance, signal, avoid retards, etc. but even I get distracted and fatigued sometimes. Lost count of the number of times I've had to slam on the brakes to avoid assholes or when I'm sleepy and drift off for a second.

What I don't get is why a $100000 car doesn't have a basic fucking sonar or IR sensor for range finding that could've prevented this. How the fuck can they honestly think crude video analysis can be enough?