The Reference Sapphire RX 480'S PCB/Backplate will have cutouts where the hot air would escape instead of sideways

>The Reference Sapphire RX 480'S PCB/Backplate will have cutouts where the hot air would escape instead of sideways.
>Also the fans will be easy to swap, it has its own RMA if loud coil whine occurs.
>Will Use 8PIN instead of 6pin
>It has 2 DisplayPorts, 2 HDMI (Which is great for VR devices) and 1 Dual Link DVI

Thoughs? Seems interesting.

Other urls found in this thread:

hardwareluxx.de/index.php/artikel/hardware/grafikkarten/39615-amd-radeon-rx-480-im-test.html?start=25
amazon.com/gp/product/B00AZMLIDQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

price u pajeet shill

NO DRIVERS

Looks pretty cool.
I figured Sapphire would do something special considering their partnership with AMD.

Sapphire is based as fuck.

>2 DisplayPorts
I'd rather have 3.
>2 HDMI (Which is great for VR devices)
You only need one. How is this in any way great?
>1 Dual Link DVI
>
>>>
Who even uses that shit anymore?

Seems they fixed all the problems and even added a cheese grinder, if it's

Looks nice

i'll get 2 for my matx rig

it's just a perfect dream

Sapphire always make the best AMD cards, so it should be good.

>reference card overclock like 5%
>gets like 15% increase on performance
why people aren't talking about it

the 8pin version will be KILLERS, i'm saving my money for a sapphire version

that cooler is making me anxious

i'm even more surprised they don't charge a premium like evga does with their superclocked supercharged supercucked version

This. Hopefully it's still safely in the $200-$250 range

i just wanted a meme double shroud fan and i got it pretty cheap 4 years ago. it's actually perfect more it's purpose

yea i know it looks ricer transformer as fuck but well it just works.

does any of you have a tip on how to polish the top aluminum layers?

Day one buy if it's $250 or less no question.

I miss their old design.

You sure?
Lowest price for each chip vs lowest Sapphire price on PCPP.
MSI R9 390 - $279.99
Sapphire R9 390 - $318.99
XFX R9 390X - $329.99
Sapphire R9 390X - $416.99

My thoughts is that i should've picked up their 390 last week when it dropped to £219. Once benchmarks got released they shot back up in price. I'm never gonna fall for the "wait" meme ever again.

Looks very understated which is nice. It has RGB LED's but you can turn them off. I'm hoping they will illuminate the back ports myself so I can see where the fuck I am inserting shit in my dimly lit room. My case has no window so it would not matter if they were on anyhow.

>I'm hoping they will illuminate the back ports myself so I can see where the fuck I am inserting shit in my dimly lit room.
FUND IT.

The fan RMA is brilliant imo. The PCB cutout to flow through is slightly gimicky, makes more sense for a top-tier card like the 1080, where thermal limits seem to be a serious issue. 8pin is good idea, especially since initial reports seem to indicate power bottleneck with the 6pin.

it's a bit different in germany.

the cards below the price of the nitro which comes with 3 fans are clocked lower than 1050mhz.

the msi is clocked 1060mhz

and the asus is clocked 1000mhz while the pricier asus is clocked 1060 and who the fuck buys powercolor/vtx3d/club3d (all the same vendor)

all while the nitro promises excellent temperatures below 66degrees and low noise. dunno about the other vendors

>The PCB cutout to flow through is slightly gimicky
Better GPU airflow never hurt anyone.

>display port

>Also the fans will be easy to swap,
makes it easier to clean the fans for a change instead of pulling off the whole cooler.

coming to XFX cards too

How can you possibly hold this opinion? It's objectively superior to everything else by every metric.

Looking forward to this. Just saw some german dudes bumped the memory by 300mhz for some 10% gains at 1440p. Aftermarket coolers will push this card nicely

hardwareluxx.de/index.php/artikel/hardware/grafikkarten/39615-amd-radeon-rx-480-im-test.html?start=25

Oh yeah, no doubt. It's awesome, but seems a bit unnecessary

But does it fry MoBos

>199$ card will suddenly cost 349$

What's the point? Might as well buy the 1070.

I like. Removable fan are a pretty sweet touch.

when these cards come out everyone will forget about the shitty reference card.

>349$
>70% mark up for aftermarket cooler
By that logic a 1070 will cost $670. May as well buy a 1080, too bad it costs $1050.

With 349?

it costs 800 dollars stupid goy!

I ordered the Sapphire 8gb model.
Should I be worried?

Where can I buy this with money and when?
I can't find any links or release dates

Was gonna wait for some custom 480's but I'm curious as to how long it'll be before they come out

you'll have to forgive my inexperience, I'm building my first PC.

Whitening toothpaste and a rag

Apparently about two weeks.

July 11th is the release date for the powercolor devil card so I expect more AIBs on the same day.

Price?
4 or 8gb?
When are these available?
When in the forms listed above?

What case is this, family friend?

I'm retarded with PSUs. Would this run at stock on a 520w PSUs with 40A on the 12V rail? I need something to replace my aging card.

Cool beans, thanks.

yea m8

>1 Dual Link DVI

what does dual link DVI mean

does a regular DVI fit into it? i don't thgink my cable is a dual linker

trolled hard xD

so, the 480 aftermarket will cost as the 390/390x aftermarket cards and perform worse??

just fuck my shit up senpai. There is 0 motivation for me to buy anything now.

it prob is dual link senpai

Which AMD AIB uses the highest quality fans? Like best acoustics and shit.

When the 1060 drops AMD probably lowers their prices a bit

i looked at the port and it's the dvi-d dual link

Doubt it, Nvidia cards rarely undercut AMD.

Sapphire is generally the best

ur gud senpai

MSI and Sapphire were usually pretty quiet for me. I used GIgabyte tho, but it was a bit warmer than the others (MSI 380 and Gigabyte 380)

doubt it too, the 1060 will be same price but perform better than AMD.

and AMD won't drop price, thy'll just increase marketing and lies

Better view of the ports.

>the 1060 will be same price but perform better than AMD.

Lol no way, you're asking way too much from Nvidia. If 1060 is faster than 480, you can count on it costing at least $30-50 more. And that's just the US, rest of the world is totally fucked for Nvidia pricing (except Brazil where Nvidia is cheaper for some bizarre reason.)

We are talking about the 480 not the 1060.

cootelk c3, i don't really like the acrylic glas though, it attracts alot of dusk. i probably

thanks alot, will try that on my next dissamble

i doubt it. nvidia traditionally gets BTFO in the lower and mid brackets. it's been that way for like 3 generations in a row so i don't know why you suddenly think the -60 card will be relevant.

For you -> not You Sorry

well, I live in Europoor, the cheapest 480 in my country is 330 EUR as of now. I image the aftermarket will be 350 and up.. no fucking way I'm buying a new GPU this year.

>2 HDMI
Why?

Looks fucking great
It'll all be useless if it can't overclock past 1366mhz though

if u have two monitors and u have 2 hdmi cords then u dont have to buy new cords and new monitors

Who the fuck uses HDMI for anything but VR?

Damn that looks pretty good. And DVI on custom models is a relief for a pleb like me without the option to use DisplayPort and with the need for 144hz.
Thanks OP, too bad the card is kind of bad (ridicilous mobo power consumption). Will be getting one anyway becase there aren't any actually better alternatives. Thanks jews!

People with monitors older than a couple of years. So most people

the gtx 950 was a really good budget card, though

Why not? I can run one to my TV and one to my PC Monitor.

Not just that but VR headsets uses HDMI connection. If you already using HDMI for your monitor, you have an extra one for VR only

Ty

thanks, senpai

The Vive does...do you just get upset when you see shit you don't like but other people may need them.

>If you already using HDMI for your monitor

are there really monitors that use hdmi rather than displayport, though?

umm they're all like the same thing lol idk what the big deal is.

Ps.
Is the mobo side off limits power draw not a concern anymore because this model has 8pin instead of 6?
T.

They don't have any RMA process though.

for 1080p 60hz it doesn't matter what cord is used. the 480 is advertised as "VR Ready" so it makes sense for there to be more than 1 hdmi port. 1 hdmi dedicated to VR and 1 more if you need it for your monitor

Seriously question but doesn't HDMI only supports 1080p60Hz? (I know HDMI 2.0 supprorts more, but I'm certanly sure the 390 and 390x doesn't have that and they are VR aproved)

Don't the Vive has almost the same Resolution (prob higher) and the need to achieve at least 90FPS?

Not all Monitor uses Display port. I mean I only saw DP from $200+ usually

My monitor has HDMI, DVI, and VGA

strange. how retro

>umm they're all like the same thing lol
No they're not you tech illiterate swine.
Fucking hell I'm getting off Sup Forums until you underage Sup Forums tards leave.

Where's fucking RX 470?

My IPS monitor has the same. Its only 1080p60Hz, non gaming shit. Thats the usual

for 1080p 60 hz they're the same you memeboi

The idea is if you had a HDMI device already like a TV then your VR headset won't take up the only HDMI port anymore.

I've been manually swapping my Vive and my projector. More than one DP port fixes that since the Vive uses miniDP but this saves me buying a new cable, also the Rift doesn't have that option.

It doesn't matter because AMD is garbage.

Is it retro?

amazon.com/gp/product/B00AZMLIDQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought two of these last year and Acer only started selling them 2-3 years ago

The limitations on HDMI doesn't come from the cable but the devices themselves. The cables are the same with HDMI 2.0 and 1.4b. GPUs can support higher bandwidths than most TVs support. AMD announced full 1080p SBS 60hz 3D with the 7970 but no device supported it so you were still limited to 24hz.

This. I'll be on that shit like white on rice.

It never was a concern. 75w is just the standard PCI power draw it can handle 300w peak

nvidiot shills belong back on Sup Forums

Ive been holding this stance since day one. Who the fuck buys overpriced reference garbage? I mean look at that poo in loo Chinese bullshit. Even nvidias superior reference shroud hits 82C and starts throttling.

Who ready for 4870 2.0?

Bollocks, the Sapphire reference card is the same as all the rest of them.

>Who ready for 4870 2.0?

this isn't 4870 2.0. the 4870 was great even in it's reference config and had the performance of a flagship.

the 480 is just trash. AMD made a huge mistake by rehashing their already poorly designed GCN architecture.

That's not reference, homie. That's the Nitro. No price yet. No release date. Only teasers.