3.5 GB is better than 8GB

>3.5 GB is better than 8GB
AGAIN
HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAGAHAGAGAGAGAGAGGAGAGAGAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

>AMD failed again
No surprise there.

>a bunch of nvidia titles
>no DX12 benchmarks

K

>no DX12
tomb raider is dx 12 AMD title

>dx12
>relying on a botnet for competitive performance

Pathetic.

Hey there, I'm not biased at all (I own a graphics card) but I'd advise you to always buy Nvidia™, because Nvidia™ runs faster, cooler, and gives more frames and GHz when overclocked. Nvidia™ let's me play games The Way it's Meant to be Played, and with Nvidia's innovative GameWorks™ development framework powering over 90% of up and coming titles this year, you'd be a fool to even consider a card from an inferior company. I could talk to you about drivers (amd has none, not one driver) but you're probably already sold by now. Buy any Nvidia™ card at any price point and you will NOT be disappointed!

Implying the amount of ram is relevant.
Look at how the technology works. It's really not surprising.

You're shit rx480 is shit

it can't even beat a reference 970. an oced 970 at ~1550mhz will demolish both the stock 980 and 390x too.

AMD will win because of microsoft.

Am I the only one wondering why when (obviously) AMD had complete access to benchmark their 480 against any 9 series nvidia they didn't stop and think that maybe the 480 wasent good enough?

Or that somehow they are just relying on crossfire and price points to save the day

I'm sure benchmarks would have been slightly better if they put some fucking copper in the reference cooler.

>Implying that evey other directx version isn't botnet.
>Implying that paying developers to use your shitty JewWorks is any better
Also
>What is vulkan

Botnet

It is better. Devs are getting paid. Why won't Amd pay devs?

>You can literally read the code
Botnet how?

>TomsHardware
>Only GoyWorks™ titles
Tbh desu sempai senpai

I probably went something like this "The 2 years old GTX970 uses 180watts, lets advertise ours as delivering the same performance having a maximum TDP of 150 watts that will be good enough"

The hardware came out and it failed to deliver so they had to push the clocks higher to match the GTX970, which increases the power usage, what was once a MAX TDP of 150watts became a average power usage of 150 watts.

Then the 1070 came out delivering performance comparable to a 980Ti while costing half and having a close power usage to 150 watts.

Something really went wrong with the 480.

Lol you really think Nvidia is paying the people making the games?

They're paying companies that are already worth millions of dollars and most of their employees won't see a penny of that.

Youre questioning morons here who hemorrhage money year after year. If they were smart they would have matched a 980. All they did essentially is release a 2 year old 970 with no drivers. Why the fuck wouldnt I just buy a $200 used/discounted 970 and get all the benefits that come along with an nvidia card?

Oh, so getting paid is not actually getting paid because the money is not directly slipped into your purse?

Did you read the code?

Yes if you only pick the titles where the 970 outperforms the 480 that is what you'll see.
The 480 performs on par with the 970. that means it's slightly less in half the titles and slightly more in the other half.
If you plan on playing DX12 game (can't use the plural) then the 480 steams ahead but there aren't any dx12 games yet

No, because i'm not a paranoid autist You, however are welcome to.

980ti are now 450, and 1070s are 400-450 for decent aib cards, i bought a classified 980ti for the 450.

I needed a card right then and the 1070 didn't have any decent non-reference PCBs yet.
Also ended up finding a FC waterblock for cheap.

Getting paid is not actually getting paid because you aren't actually getting paid, your employer is.

Go ahead, ask someone who works in game development if their wages were raised when their employer decided to use gameworks.

Well, there are at least two games besides the ashes of memes out now: new tomb rider and new total war. 480 outperforms 970 only in new total war tho.

>there aren't any dx12 games yet
Project CARS
Forza Apex
Whore Raider of Wombs
Heroes & Generals
Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Quantum Break
Survarium
etc
etc

Is the tomb raider benchmark from before they patched it with DX12?

>project cars and metro last night
Yes Nvidiots have the gall to complain about AotS.

>2 games people actually play

w-woah...

wait for nvidia's gimping to kick by the end of the year

Botnet.

Half of those aren't even dx12, and project cars uses gameworks instead of dx.

>Gameworks and DirectX are mutually exclusive
You're special.

Retard.

My mother tells me every day :3

As she's adjusting your helmet before you get on the bus?

Tomb Raider is straight up Dx11 with a thin veneer of Dx12 pasted over it.

Why would I wear a helmet on the bus?
Silly

go back to Sup Forums you piece of shit

>It's open source it must be safe, r-r-right guys?
I guess you use Chromium too

OK, let's try this, look at the source code and tell me what part of it makes you think think it's"botnet"

It's faster than a 970 at Tech Spot and hits 60fps

50*

>390 matching the 980 in a gameworks title
top kek

Dem driver improvements

delete this

> You are Rx 480 is shit

Your grammar is worse

But isn't this an anime website?

Your mom is an rx480

That's a lie because gtx970 can be had for quite a bit cheaper for the moment

Whats the point of 8gb on this card?
Going anywhere above 1080p with it would bottleneck on processing. And even the meme 970 rarely hits the 4gb on current games. As with the resolution, ones games start requiring more memory they will require other things as well, and that's not going to work out for a card that is barely holding 60fps today.

Crossfire, and iirc, vr