Ultrabooks

I am looking to make some sense in the world of laptops, slowly going through reviews and making a list of worthy buys that are associated with good build quality
I am looking for some input in the 13"/14" world, whats popular, whats good, just some list to checkout

>Dell XPS 13
starts at ~1000€
very popular
extremely thin bezzel
great looking

>ASUS ZENBOOK UX303 / UX305
starts at ~700€
metal body
popular choice
ux305 is broadwell version

>DELL Inspiron 13
starts at ~700€
flippable, glossy display

>Thinkpad 13
starts at ~600€
thinkpad quality

>Samsung Notebook 9
starts at ~1100€
extremely thin and light

>Thinkpad E450 / E460
starts at ~400€
close to thinkpad quality

Any other line of notebooks I should check out? looking for smaller than 15" without numpad keyboard. But dont exactly need to be in expensive ultrabook bracket.

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/us/business/p/latitude-e5470-laptop/pd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No such thing as thinkpad quality since thinkpad T430

they have certification that has to be passed
from shaking, to dust, to stress..

for example thinkpad 13 has this
but E450/E460 do not
but they both have classic thinkpad easily changed hdd, adding ram and stuff
not to mention good keyboard

I am not looking in to another thread where 40 years old neckbeards will be crying about old style thinkpads and recommend used 7 years old T400 or some shit like that

laptops that flip and fold are useless just get a tablet or a surface if you want that

kill yourself if you want a gaming laptop

retina MBP 15" if performance matters

thinkpad carbon x1 if youre worth quality

dell xps 13 if youre willing to settle

ASUS for people who are contrarian alt-right types who MUST have an alternative to feel good

chromebook if youre just spending money for something new

everything else fucking sucks my left nut unless youre really high on ultra thin cute stuff like HP Folio G1 and the new Macbook

Fucking thank you!
The "thinkpad died with x220" meme has to end. It's a bad, harmful meme

The thinkpad 13, just like the E models, is a cheap piece of trash sold with minimal margins aimed at Indian teenagers who have gathered enough shilling rupees to buy an entry level notebook, and it will break within 2 years

another poorfag owner of some ancient thinkpad I guess

thinkpad 13 passes MIL-SPEC
so no, its not at the level of $300 HPs and Acers

>island-style keyboard
>buttonless touchpad
lenovo pls

>island-style keyboard
oh, right, find me the old style keyboard anywhere
>buttonless touchpad
nope, it got them
picture next to that those specs is not of thinkpad 13

>find me the old style keyboard anywhere
unfortunately it's near-impossible nowadays. I prefer the classic ones. I'd gladly pay a few extra bucks for a classic keyboard.
>picture next to that those specs is not of thinkpad 13
oh, good. I used one of the thinkpads with buttonless touchpads and they absolutely suck ass.

Man, fuck that keyboard layout.

so is that the new x260? what the fuck is the difference?

I'm buying a new machine for school in the fall, going back to school at 24 finally.

I was going to get the thinkpad 13 but honestly the Latitude 5000 series 14" seems fucking perfect. You can get a 6 cell battery, 1080p display, it looks GORGEOUS. I just wish they shipped with the quad core skylakes instead of the fucking U series. It's AMDs fault that we don't have an unlocked i3 6320k for desktops or 35 watt midrange laptop chips. You can choose between 4 different palm rests too. Any opinions on it?

dell.com/us/business/p/latitude-e5470-laptop/pd

The hell is wrong with the products on that.
>black has 768p shit screen
>silver has 1080p good screen
>same cost

Is there another options I'm missing or is that just demand. Also it's horrible on the processor upgrade front too, $200 for 25% clock speed increase which will probably throttle if actually used at that speed.

I worked with 5570 today
the FHD isp display is absolutely amazing
the brightness is well beyond what I saw in other displays while the non glossy finish makes it PERFECT
3 years warranty is also great
compared to your picture it also has real buttons and blue trackpoint

but the problem is the price of 5000 series is insanely high
but yeah, worth knowing about it

hoi, reporting in with my xps 13

definitely worth the buy

pros:
2 days battery life (when actively working (and when compiling, one day is a realistic factor)

great monitor, very narrow edges

developer edition is really cheap and comes with ubuntu pre-installed

it sure looks amazing

cons:
allthough it's durable, I am not really convinced of putting it in my backpack w/o protection

turns itself on from sleepmode from time to time when carrying it in bags

oh, sorry it got real buttosn on touchpad, just down out of screenshot

I'm still not 100% set on it, may wait for the next gen of CPUs and I'd like to see what performance the 35w bristol ridges have but I appreciate the info. Thank you

the trackpad on mine blows maybe yours is diffrent but i returned it and got a carbon x1

I love my X1 Carbon but I also dropped a grand on it.

Lenovo Yoga 900s

Passively cooled

Why does Sup Forums hate 'gaming' laptops?

Is it bad if I just want a laptop with a dedicated gpu and an ssd without breaking the band?

>Passively cooled
Have we really come this far already?

I have (or had, whatever) Dell Inspiron 11.
It's quality is TRASH.
You must never hold it with one hand because the bottom literally tears away.
You must turn off the touchscreen because after some time there appear ghost touchings.
Touchpad is awful, it's horribly responsive.
Ctrl, Shift may stick for no reason so every keyboard button press calls keyboard shortcuts.

you want FHD on your 2016 notebook at least
and its hard to drive that resolution on a notebook

plus its a notebook, you should have PC for gaming and small notebook for when you actually need mobility and do shit.

but look for MSI and acer nitro, they are fine

Thanks

It really isn't convenient for me to buy a desktop given my situation. I was mostly wondering if gaming branded laptops have absolute shit build quality or something.

VAIO Z 13.3" (Made in Azumino, Japan)
VAIO S 13.3"
Panasonic Let's Note MX 12.5" or LX 14" (Made in Japan)

You can't really go wrong with Japanese quality. I regret going Dell with my last laptop purchase when I could've bought a true premium product.

EXCUSE ME MR LENOVO WHERE THE FUCK IS THE CLIT MOUSE