AMD Vega

Maybe the 490/490x wont flop as much

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/amd/radeon-rx-400/radeon-rx-490
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Flop?
jet.com had the 8GB on discount for $199 and they sold out. This was yesterday.

The PCI-E issue is the new 3.5GB meme

Both aren't memes, they are reality

but user, memes ARE real

>premium
>where's the PCI-E logo?

Sheeeiiiit

>Implying memes aren't real
do you know where the fuck you are?

The 480 is not a normie card it simply does not give a fuck.

Memes or not I ordered 480 the other day.
Not a single fuck given

Your poor, cheap mobo will give a fuck

HE DOES NOT GIVE A FUCK

Let's wait. This time amd will win.

Yeah nah I've given up. As much as I wanted to buy an AMD card this time around, they have managed once again to shit their pants. For 14nm, it's an utter disgrace in both performance and power consumption, let alone being only marginally faster than the previous mid tier NV shit.

Probably just going to get the 1070 or something.

But unlike the 3.5 meme this issue is correctable in non reference cards.

If you think after the 480 released that Vega wont be 220w with the performance of a 1080 youre an idiot

oh and btw, I'm not going to wait another 6 months for them to release a 490 / 490x that is a little faster than a GTX 980 while drawing more power than it.

Fury with a die shrink and better overclocking, calling it now

>lets wait, this time Vishera will win
>lets wait, this time the 290x will win
>lets wait, this time the 390x will win
>lets wait, this time the Fury will win
>lets wait, this time the rx 480 will win
>lets wait, this time Zen will win
>lets wait, ????

WHO THE FUCK CARES!? IN A FEW MONTHS THERE WILL BE ANOTHER GPU TO GET ALL WORKED UP ABOUT

Well that makes you an idiot since it's going to use gcn 4 arch now isn't it.

The 290X did win, and the fury nano held a spot on its own for a long time.

The 480 IS a win, it providing GTX 970 to 980 levels of performance for a low enough price you can use it to build a console ass-reamer for a similar cost.

Zen WILL win because it's been make by jim 'the shit wrecker' keller.
You're a little kiddie so you obviously won't remember the last time he flew in on his magical carpet and proceed to destroy intel at their own game.

but, the 290x and 390x kinda won... over time though. Rest of the garbage I agree about

It's amusing that almost every Solo cup is red but these guys went out of their way to hunt down nVidia Solo cups.

You seem upset

m-m-m-maybe this time it will be different ;_;

It's pretty bleak. Polaris performance per watt is lower than Pascal and if Vega is anywhere near that (let's say somehow 10% better per watt) it'll lose.

The biggest anyone can make a card is 250-300W TDP. And Nvidia's GP100 is already at that level. If Vega does perform well Nvidia will release cut down GP100 and knock Vega out of the park. If it doesn't they'll just release the GP102.

The only hope for Vega is Chinese magic.

I might want one if its faster than the 1080, otherwise I am not interested

>PICE-E: YOU CAN'T USE MORE THAN 75W RX 480

It's not a meme though, it's actually killing motherboards

The performance per watt is not just lower than Pascal but lower than Fiji too. The RX 480 eats the same amount of power as the R9 Nano but the Nano is 30% faster.

true that !

>Maybe the 490/490x wont flop as much
You could say... it won't have as much flops

DISGUSTING JOKE

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

lowering the voltage seems to fix the pci-e problem, your gimped memory is permanent. :^)

The RX 480 consumes about 20w~ less than the Nano, and variation in power delivery is lessened.

The RX 480 wasn't made to be super energy efficient, its a small die that was cheap to produce, and AMD clocked it as high as possible to make up for what they lacked in transistors. 1200mhz+ is way far out of GCN's sweet spot, but AMD pulled it off so they could get away with an inexpensive and less complex 32 ROP die. It in effect is a factory OC card. They just let every die run through its pstates with incredibly generous voltages to ensure as many of them ass possible shipped out, no real clock binning at all.

Polaris 11 which is clocked in the GCN sweet spot has massively higher perf/watt. The 2.8X uplift in perf/watt that AMD touted was in reference to 11.

this seems to be the case. People can achieve decent undervolts on it, at the same 1266 MHz

videocardz.com/amd/radeon-rx-400/radeon-rx-490
According to this, the 490 will be fucking anal annihilation unless Nvidia pulls off a miracle.
That is of course if these are the real specs for it which seems pretty unlikely.

The fuck are you talking about, the 490 will be about twice as big as the 480, presumably with HBM. It will still suck a lot more power due to GloFo not being as good as TSMC but it will be competitive, just like the 480 is competitive at the price range it is. If you truly thought the 480 will come even close to 1070 performance you're pretty retarded.

Polaris 10 is an incredible look into the economics of GPU manufacturing. Its a design that wasn't purely performance driven, cost effectiveness was probably the most important metric considered.
Comparatively P10 is has the least dense FEOL logic of any GPU design. They balanced both density and die area to maximize yields for the chip.
Make it as cheap as possible, with yields as high as possible, then clock it as high as possible to squeeze out more performance at the cost of power.

Everyone just keeps looking at raw power consumption then jumps to conclusions. I even saw The Stilt on Anandtech trying to use this as proof that Summit Ridge was going to flop. Its astounding how short sighted and stupid some tech enthusiasts are.