RX480 is killing motherboards

RX480 is killing motherboards because it's drawing too much power directly from the motherboard. Think there will be lawsuits?
community.amd.com/thread/202410

I love AMD but holy shit, they fucked up

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/Roquen22
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They'll fix that in the next drivers, dumbass.

And what about the barrage of people who have killed motherboards now?

>yfw Raja did it on purpose to encourage AMD to sell the Radon department

>nvidia shills this desperate

>build pc
>turn it on
>motherboard already dead
Stop

>new accounts
>no proof
>its like nvidia shills have nothing better to do

Yeah, I put a lot of faith in a report from someone who signed up on a forum after this "scandal" broke to report they're having said issue. Especially when they provide zero proof.

Nvidia shills really are desperate. :^)

You didn't use an anti-static wrist strap, did you?

>new accounts being a "red flag"
Because you know, everyone signs up on AMD's forums when they're not having issues :^)

>guy walks into coffee shop
>kills everyone in there
>"They'll fix that when they arrest him, dumbass. God you are so fricking dumb!!!"

Older motherboards which only support CPUs that shouldn't even be paired with a 480

>planned obsolescence
Holy shit. AMD is truly finished this time.

Why would anyone have a reason to make an account on AMD's fucking forums unless they suddenly had a major problem with something hardware-related? Do YOU have an AMD account? If not, I think you would make one pretty quickly if AMD killed your entire PC.

>RX480 is killing motherboards

No motherboards have been damaged.
Fuck off.

This. Why the fuck is a new account on a support site a red flag? Who makes accounts when they're not having problems?

Meanwhile at Nvidia.

are you talking about omar mateen??

i would bet most of those people just fried their mobos way before, and are trying to take advantage of the situation to get a new one

or maybe he'd post some screenshot and pictures of the card. You know, actual proof?

So it'll be no problem for him to post proof, right? :^)

Yes, I do. I used to have both an AMD CPU and GPU. Haven't posted there in years though.

It's a red flag when it's literally the first report of this causing any issues whatsoever, and comes with absolutely zero evidence attached. Why don't you want proof, user? If you're a reasonable person with no vested interested, why are you happy to believe completely unsubstantiated claims from some random poster on the internet?

By the way, I'm Brad Pitt. You're talking to Brad Pitt right now. I post on Sup Forums. You believe me, right?

Thanks, buddy. My boss just walked past and gave me a promotion!

If it was a shill why would he post on AMD forums and not some place like Overclock?

Trusting this goy

steamcommunity.com/id/Roquen22

Ok dude, that's you. Most people only go on manufacturer forums when shit doesn't work. You don't see a lot of "my hardware is working fine" threads. I agree about the evidence, but how do you prove it in a pic? A burnt PCI-E slot?

I own a FX8350 and was planning to buy a 480 to replace my GTX670 btw.

He could prove that he at least has a 480

To be fair, nVidia could buy like 10 480s and ruin motherboards on purpose to post false flag damage reports on Reddit. The damage they'd cause AMD and the sales they'd get from that slums more than make up for that expense.

It's impressive when you think a couple of ruined motherboards could decide your company's future.

If I preferred AMD to nvidia, this wouldn't bother me at all outside of the fact that they made a very poor design.